NINH BINH TRADITIONAL FESTIVALS
Vietnam Eco Travel will introduce you to Ninh Binh traditional festivals:
• Phu Cho festival in Hoa Lu ancient capital: celebrated on the first day of lunar new year, a famous singer name’s Mrs.Pham Thi Tran will do a performance in this festival. They will sing “ca tru” which is a folk song of Vietnam to commemorate Ngu Lau Dai Vuong.
• Yen Ve village festival: celebrated on 4th January of lunar calendar in Nguyen Minh Khong temple and Phuc Long pagoda
• Phu Vat festival in Hoa Lu ancient capital: celebrated on 6th January of lunar calendar to commemorate Cam Tra Dai Vuong
• Bai Dinh pagoda festival: celebrated annually on the 6th of January of the lunar calendar ( Tet festival time ) in Sinh Duoc village, Gia Sinh commune, Gia Vien district. Like as other festivals, this one comprises two parts: worshiping and entertaining. The worshiping includes the purification and commemoration of heroic martyrs. The entertaining activities take about 3 days, including playing chess, wrestling and more.
• Ap Lang temple festival: celebrated on 6th January of lunar calendar in Yen lam, Yen Mo.
• Non Khe village festival: celebrated from 13rd to 14th January of lunar calendar inYen Tu, Yen Mo.
• Nhat Tru pagoda festival in Yen Thanh ancient village, Truong Yen: celebrated on 15th January of lunar calendar
• La temple festival: celebrated from 13rd to 15th January of lunar calendar in Yen Phu village, Yen Mo to commemorate 2 Kings of Vietnam in Tran dynasty.
• Dau temple festival: celebrated from 20th February to the end of March of lunar calendar in Nam Son, Tam Diep
• Dich Long pagoda festival: celebrated on 6th and 7th March of lunar calendar.
• Thien Ton cave festival: celebrated from 6th to 8th March of lunar calendar.
• Hoa Lu ancient capital festival in Hoa Lu district: celebrated from 6th to 10th March of lunar calendar.
• Quang Phuc temple festival: celebrated from 10th to 15th March of lunar calendar to commemorate Cao Son god and Quy Minh god.
• Thai Vi temple festival in Hoa Lu ancient capital: celebrated from 14th to 16th March of lunar calendar to commemorate the dedication of kings in Tran dynasty.
• Yen Cu festival: celebrated on 20th August in Khanh Cu, Yen Khanh district.
• Nguyen Cong Tru temple festival in Kim Son: celebrated from 13rd to 15th November of lunar calendar. This festival is held to commemorate the dedication of the people who made Kim Son district.
P/S: Source by Vietnamecotravel