Hanoi is a place you are going to spend several days to explore all of the museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and night life.
You want one day trip to visit a place where it does not have the hustle and bustle, horns, the crowds as well as traffic congestion of city life, and to be closer to the nature but not know where you should go for one day tour from Hanoi? Or a day trip outside hanoi to explore hidden gems the Vietnamese
To help you choose from the day tour from Hanoi, here are all 21 Recommended Best Day Trips From Hanoi including comparison, location, budget and other information.
Table of Contents
- 1 21 Amazing Places You Should Visit For A Day Trips From Hanoi
- 1.1 Top List Most Popular One Day Trips from Hanoi
- 1.1.1 Ha Long Bay
- 1.1.2 Cat Ba Island
- 1.1.3 Lan Ha Bay
- 1.1.4 Bai Tu Long Bay
- 1.1.5 Trang An and Tam Coc Cave
- 1.1.6 Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- 1.1.7 Thung Nang – Sunshine Valley
- 1.1.8 Mua Cave Ninh Binh
- 1.1.9 Phat Diem Stone Cathedral
- 1.1.10 Bai Dinh Pagoda
- 1.1.11 Cuc Phuong National Park
- 1.1.12 Mai Chau Valley
- 1.2 Top List Hanoi Day Trips & Excursions
- 1.2.1 City Tour Sightseeing & Street Food Walking Tour
- 1.2.2 Van Phuc Silk Village
- 1.2.3 Hanoi Old Quarter & French Old Quarter
- 1.2.4 Hanoi Green Farm with Local Family
- 1.2.5 Ba Vi National Park
- 1.2.6 Duong Lam Ancient Village
- 1.2.7 Perfume Pagoda – Huong Pagoda
- 1.2.8 Thay Pagoda
- 1.2.9 Bat Trang Ceramic Village
- 1.1 Top List Most Popular One Day Trips from Hanoi
- 2 Tips for Your Amazing Day Trip From Hanoi
21 Amazing Places You Should Visit For A Day Trips From Hanoi
Top List Most Popular One Day Trips from Hanoi
Ha Long Bay
It is a previous gem of the tourism industry of Vietnam because almost foreigners come to Vietnam all visit Ha Long bay.
It is really mysterious, like a another world with imposing mountains, small islands and caves.
Ha Long Bay really deserves for you to spend one day tour to do sightseeing and explore.
We highly recommend that you should book a tour that consists of going sightseeing on the bay, having lunch , sightseeing ticket and a professional tour guide, kayaing or swimming, or Climbing up to the top of the TiTop island where there is a best place to overview the beauty of Ha Long bay.
With a beneficial reason: for many this is one of the highlights of their Halong Bay experience. Even more, after climbing, you can reward yourself with a cool, refreshing dip in the waters of Halong Bay.
Otherewise the beach on the island is one of the most organised in all of Halong Bay for tourists, with deck chairs, cool drinks, souvenirs, and fresh water showers available.
You can swim or sunbathe, or spend some time relaxing in deck chair, sipping on a coconut and people watching. ”
There is a lot of cheating here, so don’t forget to study and find out thoroughly before booking a tour!
>>> Immerse yourself into the majestic view of Halong bay with Bay Day Trip 6 Hour Cruise from Hanoi >>> Click Here <<< to have a reasonable itinerary for your day trip
Highlights of Halong Bay Day Trip 6Hours Cruise
- Cruising for a full 6 Hours around Halong Bay with a professional guide and crew
- Enjoy Vietnamese traditional Lunch with seafood
- Visit Titop Island, Trekking Titop Peak for taking photos with panoramic view of the bay.
- Kayaking or taking a sampan boat around the gorgeous Luon Cave
- Swimming on Beach
- Discovering the mystical beauty and ancient history of Sung Sot Cave
- Enjoy Cooking Class on cruise
- All Included ( Only without drinks on Personal expenses )
Cat Ba Island
Located off the coast of Hai Phong City, its beaches (named Cat Co 1 and Cat Co 2) are great for sunbathing and swimming during the summer months.
Cat Ba Island is an excellent choice to get to understand the life of boatmen. This trip allows you to visit a family fish farm to learn how they feed and catch fish.
Other activities to engage in are exploring hidden lagoons, going kayaking, jumping from the top of the boat, and having suntan on the beautiful white-sand beaches…
If you’re not a fan of crowds on the beach, you can charter a speedboat or rent a kayak to Monkey Island and Lan Ha Bay, where the beaches are cleaner and quieter.
Just about every tour company in Hanoi offers daily trips to the island, attracting travellers looking to enjoy a day of sightseeing during their holiday.
Lan Ha Bay
Lan Ha Bay is located in the east of Cat Ba Island. It’s overlooking the Van Gate, adjacent to Ha Long Bay. with over 7,000ha, of which 5,400ha is the management area of Cat Ba National Park.
This is a very gulf-shaped bay about 400 large islands creating a huge picture depicting the scene. A peaceful sea with small fishing villages as separate from the rest of the world. Under the peaceful island clusters.
There are many species of local specialties. Such as. Blue mussel, snakehead, crab, abalone, grouper. fish, fresh shrimp live according to the daily needs of visitors.
Bai Tu Long Bay
There’s way more to northeast Vietnam than Halong Bay. The sinking limestone plateau, which gave birth to the bay’s spectacular islands, continues for some 100km to the Chinese border. The area immediately notheast of Halong Bay is part of Bai Tu Long National Park.
Bai Tu Long Bay is every bit as beautiful as its famous neighbour. In some ways it’s actually more stunning, since it’s only on its initial stages as a destination for travellers.
Improved boat transport means it is quickly growing in popularity with domestic tourist, but the bay and its islands are still unpolluted and relatively undeveloped.
For Western travellers, it’s a laid-back alternative to the touristy bustle of Halong Bay.
Trang An and Tam Coc Cave
- Location: Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh Province
- Entrance Fee: 200.000VND/Boat Trip in Trang An/195.000VND/Boat Trip in Tam Coc
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 05.00pm
Highlight of Day Trip to Trang An and Tam Coc
- 1 day trip in Ninh Binh with a small group of participants
- Admiring a “gem” of Ninh Binh offering some picturesque places such as Tam Coc or Trang An
- Along with unforgettable experiences in boating riding, exploring caves, visiting temples…in Ninh Binh
- Quality services that supply a luxury car, intensive tour guide for you
Trang An Grottoes – Tam Coc tour might be the most popular tour from Hanoi because of their beautiful landscapes.
The journey starts from Hanoi to Ninh Binh for 2 hours of travelling, then go on a boat and do sightseeing on Sao Khue river. Rowers here particularly use their feet skillfully and gently.
In Trang An, you will have the chance to look into more caves than in Tam Coc that none of other places can offer since it is a large area with towering moutains surrounded by imposing views
After ending Trang An trip (around 2 hours), let’s go to visit Tam Coc. It only takes you around 10 minutes to move to this place!
>>> Book Day Trip with Reasonable Prices for:
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Location: Truong Yen, Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh Province, 100 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 20.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours:
Because Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is very near Trang An, Tam Coc, so tourists often combine visiting three places at the same time.
As its name, Hoa Lu was the first capital of Vietnam in 10th and 11th century. Although its ancient architectures are not maintained as they were in the first place, the ancient temples where it worships Dinh and Le Kings are still intact until today.
>>> Check out Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Tour in Ninh Binh Day Tours <<<
Thung Nang – Sunshine Valley
- Location: Dam Khe Hamlet, Ninh Hai Commune, Hoa Lu District
- Entrance fee: 100.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours: 08.00am – 05.30pm
As the name says, the sun shines every corner of the valley, through leafy branches, rustic cottages on the shore and all the way down to the bottom of the water, create a brilliant and peaceful landscape.
On the way to Thung Nang valley, taking the rowing boat about 3 kilometers from Thach Bich Wharf, tourists will hear the murmur of paddy fields, see the majestic mountain lines and abundant fauna and flora underneath the cool water.
Thung Nang is divided into 2 valley, one is 3 hectares wide and the other is 5 hectares. The valleys are connected by a cave system in the mountains with the low ceiling and the stalactites hanging down in different shape.
There are many attractions in Thung Nang such as Ba Doi Mountains, Coc Mountains, Mang Mountains, Vang Mountains.
Crossing over Thung Nang about 100 meters, visitors will arrive at a Temple where people worship Mother Goddess Thuong Ngan, Voi Temple made of stone with well-carved worship things since Le Dynasty.
It is also quite near from Thung Nang to several tourism destinations such as Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Thung Nham, But Grotto, primary forest, Bird Garden, Ghe Grotto, Chua Grotto, etc.
Mua Cave Ninh Binh
- Location: Khe Dau Ha Hamlet, Ninh Xuan Commune, Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh
- Entrance fee: 100.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 06.00pm
The cave brings you one of the best panoramic view of one of the nicest sceneries in Viet Nam- that’s Ninh Binh- which is known as a wonder of the world, the Telegraph from UK said “It’s an area known locally as Vietnam’s ‘Inland Halong Bay’”.
- >>> Explore More About: Mua Cave is worth being visited in Ninh Binh?
This can’t be denied since more and more foreigners choose Mua Cave( Hang Mua – Vietnamese name) for their short holidays while being in the north of Viet Nam.
Dancing mountain like a bell, measuring approximately 800 square meters. Dance Cave name associated with the ancient legend when King Tran moved the capital to Hoa Lu for building Thai Vi temple.
He used to come the mountain cave for watching music and dance shows so that people from this place called Mua Cave.
View from the foot of the mountain can clearly see the white stone steps leading to the top, the stairs looked like Great Wall in China.
On top of the mountain is placed a statue of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva with the eyes down towards the ancient land of the ancient capital.
Dance Cave tourist area is developing into a place where relaxation combined with tourist hiking, sightseeing.
Phat Diem Stone Cathedral
- Location: Phat Diem, Kim Son District, Ninh Binh Province, 117 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening hours: 7:00 am – 9:30 pm
Phat Diem Christian temple firstly was initially indoctrinated by Spanish missionaries 4 centuries ago. It was built in 1892 and it exists until now.
Bai Dinh Pagoda
- Location: Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening hours: Bai Dinh Pagoda: 6 a.m to 9 p.m. Trang An: 7 a.m to 4 p.m
Ninh Binh has many toursit destinations bringing spiritual values in which we could not mention Bai Dinh pagoda – one of the biggest pagodas of South East Asia with many set of records.
Additionally, Ninh Binh has Van Long lagoon, the biggest waterlogged nature reserve of Northen Delta consiting of more than 30 types of rare plants listed in Vietnam’s Red Book.
- >>> Book a Bai Dinh Day Tour
Cuc Phuong National Park
- Location: Nho Quan District, Ninh Binh Province, 120 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 40.000 VND/person
- Opening hours: 8 am – 6 pm
Cuc Phuong national park is know as the first park of Vietnam, where it has a wide range of plants and animals with white meranti of thousands of years,caves of ancient people in which Vietnamese ancestors settled and there is the mineral spring of Ga canal.
Mai Chau Valley
- Location: Mai Chau District, Hoa Binh Province, 135 kilometers from Ha Noi
- Entrance fee: Free
It has many ripe rice fields and mountains, which brings the peaceful atmostphere. It takes around 3 hours to get here from Hanoi
However, you will have the chance to experience local lifestyle of ethnic people and you take a ride or walk through the romote villages and even you can explore strange and rare wild animals.
Top List Hanoi Day Trips & Excursions
City Tour Sightseeing & Street Food Walking Tour
Just landing in Hanoi city which is associated with lively activities among friendly people on the earth, standing in front of a hundred of restaurants and continuation of 36 old streets in the Old quarter, you wonder yourself how to satisfy your time of your life here?
Hanoi has an amazing balance of culture, food, beautiful scenery and kind people. It’s such a unique thing for you to explore the things in Hanoi with a local tour guide.
The guide will show you Hanoi city’s inspiring highlights. Imagine yourself go inside some small alleys and your guide explains you about what’s behind them.
You may find hidden cafes and shops, a delicious sweet beverage, even a long alley of various foods while walking around.
Hanoi city tour starts at eight in the morning, encouraging tourists to experience Hanoian spirits from dawn to dusk. Going on this tour, you will be able to visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the resting place of Vietnam’s former president – Uncle Ho. Temple of Literature, the first university in Vietnam, is also a highlight of this trip
Together with other sites such as Tran Quoc Pagoda, the Old Quarter, and Ethnology Museum, the tour around Hanoi will equip you with knowledge of a thousand years worth of history while chilling in the slow-paced and tranquil lifestyle.
Van Phuc Silk Village
- Location: Van Phuc Village, Ha Dong District, Hanoi, 10 kilometers to the southwest of Hanoi center.
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 07.00pm
Van Phuc is just 10 kilometers away from Hanoi and basically the nearest location among those mentioned in this post, so it is easy to take a day trip from the city.
Van Phuc is known for its silk production. This village produces some of the finest textiles in the country with a much cheaper price than those sold in the center of Hanoi.
With over 1,000 silk shops offering a diverse range of delighting shirts, crafts, ties and dresses made of silk, the site is undoubtedly a paradise of silk and fashion lovers.
The silk is very light weight and has a smooth appearance with high quality suitable for all skin tones.
Hanoi Old Quarter & French Old Quarter
Explore Hanoi Old Quarter
As soon as you get to Hanoi, make sure to head to the Old Quarter. Visiting the Old Quarter is one of the unmissable things to do in Hanoi.
This is the historic heart and commercial center of the city, where there are lot of interesting attractions – think temples and pagodas.
French Old Quarter
Hanoi’s French Quarter is located on the southeastern end of the popular Hoan Kiem Lake, housing most of the city’s foreign embassies, government buildings and affluent residential neighbourhoods.
For travellers, it’s where they can find luxurious hotels and upmarket restaurants during their holiday in the Vietnam capital.
Part of its main road – Trang Tien – is a busy shopping area, featuring bookshops, galleries, boutiques and the Trang Tien Plaza, a French colonial shopping complex retailing international brands.
If this is your first time exploring Hanoi, this section encompasses just about everything you need to know about Hanoi French Quarter, namely its attractions, dining, nightlife and shopping venues.
Hanoi Green Farm with Local Family
- Address: Lot 1, Tinh Quang village, Long Bien Dist., Hanoi
We specialize in organizing and hosting cultural and countryside life experience trip, provide you opportunity for some hands – on experience and understand more about the life and the people.
What to do During the trip you could:
- Join the farming activities;
- Collect fruit and vegetables;
- Prepare lunch with local family;
- Cycling along the riverside;
- Visiting ancient temple, primary school…
The main purpose of Green Farm Tour is to bring you different view of life in Vietnam. You not only experience the authentic daily life of local farming communities in the village but also meeting and feeling the friendliness of people.
Ba Vi National Park
Ba Vi national park is located to the west of Hanoi and it takes you around 2 hours by car or motorcyle to get there.
Ba Vi means 3 mountains and at the top of the second mountain, Tan Vien, there is a temple built in 11th century to worship Mountain God here.
This place is perfectly suited for people who are interested in trekking and walking.
What to do in Ba Vi National Park:
- Thien Son Waterfall & Waterpark
- Cactus Garden
- French ruins
- French ruins
- Trekking to the summits of the mountain:King Peak, Tan Vien Peak, Ngoc Hoa Peak
Duong Lam Ancient Village
- Location: Son Tay Town, Hanoi, 40 kilometers to the west of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: Free
The 50 kilometers (31 miles) from Hanoi to Duong Lam Ancient Village takes around an hour and 15 minutes by car.
Taking public transportation is possible, but allow more time as it takes closer to three hours via several different buses.
To get better understanding of lifestyle of residents in the north of Vietnam coupled with its architectures, let’s visit Duong Lam village of peace and tranquility.
The whole village is like a lively museum of many traditional customs. Hundreds-year-old houses, temples and communal houses with hudreds-year-old architechure along with simple, ordinary life of the locals here all creates the ancient and tranquil beauty.
Because Duong Lam village is very near Ba Vi national park, you can visit these two places at the same time.
Perfume Pagoda – Huong Pagoda
- Location: Huong Son Commune, My Duc District, Hanoi, 60 kilometers southwest of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 50.000 VND for the boat ride, 80.000 VND for sightseeing
Huong Pagoda is also a well-known spot because many Vietnamese Buddhists often pilgrimage here. From February to April, people flock to this pagoda a lot, so to avoid crowds you should not take your trip at this season.
The link of natural beauty and cultural heritage will be a factor for you to consider to visit Huong Pagoda in your trip.
The voyage on Yen stream will bring you a great experience when travelling to Huong Pagoda also.
Established in 11th century by Nhan Tong King of Ly Emperor, Thay pagoda is one the most ancient one of Vietnam.
It is typical of Buddhism architecture of Vietnam and it is 30km away from Hanoi, so it is quite easy for you to get there.
Bat Trang Ceramic Village
- Location: Bat Trang Commune, Gia Lam District, Hanoi, 13 kilometers to the southeast of Hanoi
- Entrance Fee: Free
- Opening Hiours: 07.00am – 07.30pm
The village is famous for ceramics and porecelain, demanded by the whole of Asia because of its high quality and tradtional desgin.
You can travel the 16 kilometers (10 miles) to Bat Trang Village in just 35 minutes by car or motorbike from the hanoi old quarter streets . On the bus, it can take from an hour to 90 minutes.
Below are 21 highly recomended destinations for your one day trip in Hanoi. We hope that this is useful for your question ‘What to do in Hanoi for 1 day”
You might have visited other places or heard about them but they are not mentioned in this list. So please comment them below or contact us directly.
We will continue updating more interesting destinations and giving feedback for you as quickly and exactly as possible!
>>> The list of Hanoi Travel Agency you need to know if you would like to do the tour to Bat Trang
Tips for Your Amazing Day Trip From Hanoi
- A Day trip from Hanoi offers you a mix of ancient town and the cosmopolitan, but stepping out to the countryside you will see not only other traditional and historic sites but also the beautiful landscape of nature.
- Mountains and rivers, jungle and paddies, temples and churches, you will get to see another side of Vietnam besides the crowd and rush in the city. These places are within a day trip from Hanoi, and you can easily travel to these locations in an hour or two by motorbikes or bus.
- Plan your day trips from Hanoi with the help of this useful article, pack your bag, and get ready for some fantastic and memorable time!
Above are all 21 recommended destinations for your Day Trips From Hanoi. For better information and tour booking from Hanoi Explore Travel, hit the button >>> Contact Us