If you plan to travel to Ha Long Bay but have not decided where to go yet, be sure that there are numerous wonderful things to do here apart from taking a Halong Bay Cruise.
In this blog, we offer you some detailed Halong Bay 2 Days Itinerary to help you save as much time and money as possible!
Halong Bay 2 Days Itinerary: Explore The Most Exotic Destinations
If you plan to travel to Ha Long but have not decided where to go yet, be sure that there are numerous wonderful things to do here apart from taking a Halong Bay cruise.
A two-day, one-night cruise in Halong Bay will enable tourists to visit well-known or obscure locations. Additionally, it provides a variety of interesting activities like kayaking, swimming, hiking, and cycling. The tour overall lasts roughly 24 hours, which is appropriate for the majority of foreign visitors staying in Vietnam.
To make the most of your limited time to cover the bay’s must-sees and must-dos, a 2-day Halong Bay Itinerary should be well planned. Let’s check out our suggestions for a 2-day, 1-night Halong Bay Cruise right now.
This is for you:
Option 1: Taking an overnight cruise (2 days 1 night)
Have a look at:
- How To Choose Your BEST Halong Bay 1 Day Cruise Tour
- Halong Bay Luxury Cruise – How To Choose The BEST One!
There are many overnight cruise companies in HaLong offering fantastic itineraries for travelers who enjoy the whole cruise vacation. It is undenied that an overnight cruise requires more time and money, but it is well worth it.
Tourists will have more time to take in the breathtaking landscape and participate in a range of activities, including kayaking, swimming, and water sports, as well as exploring caverns and visiting a nearby floating village on a bamboo boat.
Additionally, you can keep yourself engaged on board with activities like yoga, cooking classes, sunset parties, BBQ meals, squid fishing, and movie nights. Below are several different itineraries you can select from:
|Cruise Name||Cruising Areas|
Classic Halong Bay 1 Night Cruise Itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sung Sot Cave
- 8:30 – 11:30 a.m: If you’ve booked a 2-day cruise, you’ll be picked up from your hotel and taken to the ferry terminal. In general, buses to Halong Bay will leave Hanoi around 8:30 am and arrive at the port around 11:30 am.
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m: Do check-in to board the cruise when you arrive at Halong. Then, tourists can learn about the itinerary briefing and enjoy a welcome drink here before taking a little break.
- 1:15 – 2:00 pm: Lunch is served at the opulent restaurant on the yacht while the cruise passes by the small islands. You can choose from a selection of delectable fresh seafood meals and a luxury Vietnamese set menu. After lunch, tourists can unwind with on-board spa and massage services.
- 4:00 – 5:30 p.m: A visit to Sung Sot Cave, one of HaLong Bay’s most magnificent and largest caves, kicks off the two days and one night cruise there. Following a visit to the cave, the cruise will go for another 30 minutes before anchoring for the night.
- 6:30 – 7:00 pm: Nearly all 1-night Halong Bay cruises include a cooking lesson at dusk. You will learn from the chef how to prepare and garnish several traditional Vietnamese dishes. You will surely be able to have a deeper understanding of Vietnamese cuisine.
- 8:45 – 11:00 pm: Following dinner, you should not miss some nightlife activities such as board games, card games, bars, Happy Hour, and night squid fishing.
Day 2: Halong Bay – Titop Island – Hanoi
- 6:30 – 7:00 am: Enjoy coffee, tea and breakfast served in the dining room. You can wake up earlier to catch the sunset from the yacht, which offers a better view than on land. After breakfast, do Tai Chi exercise on the deck
- 7:45 – 9:00 am: The next site of the itinerary is Titop Island, a crescent-shaped island famous for its tranquil and clean waters. You may climb to the summit of the mountain on the island, where there is a broad view of the entirety of HaLong Bay, in around one to two hours. Take some time to go swimming and unwind on the beach after that.
It’s time to have lunch on the yacht before packing up or relaxing on the sundeck while the cruise heads to the port
- 11:30: The cruise ends at Tuan Chau Port, relax in the waiting room to wait for the bus back.
- 12:00 – 4:00 pm: Travel time from HaLong to Hanoi. You will be dropped off at your hotel
The popular route of this Halong Bay 1-night cruise includes famous tourist attractions in HaLong. If you want something different and less crowded, move on to our two other recommendations for the Best 2 Days 1 Night Halong Bay Cruise.
>>> Let’s visit our website for different types of cruises available for every budget, from backpackers to luxury. Check out for the best deals on Halong Bay’s 2-day cruise.
Halong 2 Days 1 Night Cruise to Lan Ha Bay
Have a look at:
- A Detailed Guide To Lan Ha Bay: All You Need To Know Before Travelling
- What to do 1Day in Lan Ha Bay? BEST Lan Ha Bay Day Tour from Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay – Dark & Light Cave
- 9:00 – 11:30 am: The bus from Hanoi to Ha Long via the new highway takes about 2-3 hours. If you book a two-day Halong cruise, you will be picked up from your hotel to the port.
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Arriving in HaLong Bay, you will be welcomed on board the Lan Ha Bay cruise. Then, you will enjoy a welcome drink with a cold towel and get cruise briefings and safety instructions prior to check-in and take a rest.
- 12:40 pm: Lunch will be served at the cruise’s luxurious restaurant as you sail through Halong Bay, a world-renowned natural wonder. Here you can sate your hunger with a range of Vietnamese and Western delicacies as well as delectable fresh seafood dishes.
- A 2-day HaLong Bay cruise to Lan Ha Bay provides you the chance to take in the breathtaking surroundings and stunning limestone formations soaring above the water. The French-built Hon Da Chong lighthouse, which is 100 years old, and other unspoiled areas, like the Gia Luan area, Coc Ngoi island, and Thoi Quyt, may be seen while traveling around Cat Ba Island.
- 3h00 – 4h30: On day two of the HaLong Bay cruise, the visit to the limestone caves will continue in the afternoon. Tourists will be able to see a variety of caves, primarily including Dark and Light Caves, depending on the itinerary. The water in the caverns allows tourists to sit on kayaks or bamboo boats rowed by locals to explore the dry caves, which leave you in awe of the breathtaking natural masterpiece.
- Some Halong Bay cruises in 2 days and 1 night include visits to the Pearl Farm in their itineraries.
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: After sightseeing and kayaking, you can swim and immerse yourself in the cool and jade green water. Cruises usually go into the less populous area of Tra Bau in Lan Ha Bay, so you can enjoy your own space and unwind after your first day in HaLong Bay.
- 5:30 pm: Cruise will anchor for overnight at Lan Ha Bay. Tourists also can experience the most desirable thing is to take in the breathtaking sunset over the Gulf of Tonkin while taking advantage of the complimentary sunset party on board. Additionally, you can join a traditional cooking class.
- 7:30 p.m: A great dining experience and an opulent meal await you on a Halong Bay cruise. You can enjoy delectable local dishes prepared and served to you by the excellent catering staff on board.
- 9:30 p.m: On a two-day trip over Halong Bay, don’t miss unwinding at night. Spend your free time engaging in evening activities, such as having a drink at the bar, watching a movie in the restaurant, or just relaxing on the deck and taking in the nighttime scenery instead of spending it in your cabin. Additionally, let’s try your luck at night squid fishing, which is one of the most exciting pastimes when taking an overnight cruise in Halong Bay.
Day 2: Cat Ba Island – Trung Trang Cave – Hanoi
- 6:00 a.m.: On day two, you’ll awaken to the sound of the ocean and be able to see the stunning sunset on the deck. It would be ideal for you to take part in an energizing Tai Chi class outside in the fresh early air. The cruise will keep exploring the bay after breakfast.
- 7:45 a.m.: The following stop on the itinerary is Trung Trang Valley, which is situated between Kim Giao Forest and Cat Ba National Park. This is the largest valley with an area of approximately 300 hectares and a depth of 10m to 30m. Many of the most exquisite naturally occurring stalactites, which were formed more than 2,000 years ago, may be found in Trung Trang Cave.
- 10:00 am: It’s time to return to the cruise to arrange bags and check out. Then, a brunch will be served while the cruise makes its way back to the port. In addition, tourists can join a Tea Ceremony on board to learn how to enjoy Vietnamese tea and culture with the crew.
- 12:00–3:00 p.m: Cruise returns to HaLong Bay’s southern shore, where tourists are dropped off. Your two-day cruise will come to a conclusion when you reach Hanoi around 3 p.m.
Halong 2 Day Cruise to Bai Tu Long Bay
Day 1: Hanoi – Bai Tu Long Bay – Thien Canh Son Cave
- 8:30 – 11:30 a.m: Like many other 2-day cruises, you will be picked up from the Old Quarter of Hanoi and transported to the port in Ha Long.
- 12:00 – 2:00 pm: Have lunch with a delectable Vietnamese set menu and fresh seafood specialties after boarding. For those seeking pristine scenery and a unique itinerary, the Bai Tu Long Bay cruise comes highly recommended.
- 3:00–6:00 p.m: Thien Canh Son Cave, the “Pearl of Ha Long Bay,” located on Cong Do Island’s preservation area, is best explored in the afternoon. Thien Son Canh Cave is one of Ha Long’s most precious natural resources and the hidden charm of a distinctive ecology. You will be astounded by the system of stalactites inside the cave and the verdant trees leading up to the gate of heaven after climbing over 100 steps to reach there.
In addition to exploring enigmatic caves, you may go kayaking or simply unwind on the beach.
- 7:00 – 11:30 p.m: Depending on the set menu for each cruise, a special supper with delectable Western foods or traditional Vietnamese dishes is served on board
Additionally, after dinner, each two days and one night Halong Bay cruise will offer tourists with evening entertainment activities including playing board games, having cocktails at the bar, and going squid fishing at night.
Day 2: Thien Canh Son – Vung Vieng Floating Village – Hanoi
- 6:00 – 7:00: Begin the second day of your two-day Halong Bay cruise with a buffet breakfast and a Tai Chi session on the sundeck. Tai Chi classes are offered on the majority of 2-day Halong Bay cruises, while some cruises provide yoga meditation.7:45 am – 9 am: The next stop is Vung Vieng Fishing Village, one of Ha Long’s top four most worthwhile floating villages to visit. Keeping the most genuine ecological and community characteristics, Vung Vieng is the ideal Bai Tu Long Bay attraction for tourists seeking a local experience. The locals here depend on the fishing industry to support their humble way of life.
- Coming to Vung Vieng fishing village, you can meet the hospitable and rustic people, as well as learn about their way of living and the traditional culture. A bamboo boat or kayak is the ideal mode of transportation for exploring the floating village of Vung Vieng.
- 9:30 – 11:00 am: Join a cooking lesson to learn more about the delectable traditional Vietnamese cuisine after checking out. Then have lunch while the cruise returns to the port.
- 12h00 – 4h30: Your bus back to Hanoi will pick you up at the conclusion of the second day of your itinerary to Bai Tu Long. Most 2-day/1-night cruise itineraries often include the same on-board activities but take a different route to tourist sights. A two-day Bai Tu Long Bay cruise will definitely bring you the most genuine and finest experiences.
Option 2: Hotel + Day Cruise (4-8 Hour Cruise)
- In the morning
From Hanoi, it takes you about 3-4 hours to reach Ha Long city. You can already see from here the massive limestone karsts rising above the emerald-green water and the breathtaking natural landscape of the UNESCO-recognized Halong Bay.
- In the afternoon
Check into your hotel in Ha Long City and take a rest. In the afternoon, you can unwind and enjoy the cool water at Bai Chay artificial beach, or you can freely engage in enjoyable activities at Sunworld Ha Long park.
- In the evening
After 6 pm is the best time for you to enjoy specialties and shop at HaLong night market. Wandering through hundreds of stalls, you can not only find delectable food, especially grilled seafood, but also pick some souvenirs, handicrafts and high-end items.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Hot Deal: 56 USD
- Tour Type: Deluxe Cruise & Small Group
- Transportation: Limousine Bus
- Duration: 1 Day
- Hot Deal: 48 USD
- Tour Type: Deluxe Cruise
- Transportation: Model Bus
- Duration: 1 Day
- Hot Deal: 89USD
- Tour Type: Luxury Cruise
- Transportation: On Request
- Duration: 1 Day
- Hot Deal: 109USD
- Tour Type: Luxury Cruise
- Transportation: Limousine Bus
Spending a day on a cruise via the well-known tourist attractions is the best way to really admire the stunning seascape of HaLong Bay.
- Fighting Cock Island: This pair of distinctive limestone isles resembles a rooster and a hen facing and professing their love for one another. You must visit this distinctive karst, which has become one of the most well-known locations in Halong Bay that every tourist should not miss.
- Sung Sot Cave: Located on Bo Hon Island, it is considered as a must-see destination for all tourists. Sung Sot is the largest cave of Ha Long Bay, consisting of countless beautiful thousand-year-old stalactites and stalagmites. To explore the entire cave, you have to walk hundreds of stone steps.
- Luon Cave: Just one kilometer away from Sung Sot cave on Bo Hon island, Luon Cave resembles a small tube leading into a serene interior. Kayaking is an option for exploring the cave, and tourists may also take in the breathtaking scenery, touch the limestone stalactites, and watch monkeys play in the mountains.
- Thien Cung Cave: It is a beautiful attraction like a paradise that may be reached by ascending a path under dense trees. This large cave features massive stalactites and towering cave ceilings.
- Titop Island: This is one of the most well-known destinations in Halong Bay where you can find white sand beaches with crescent shapes, lush trees, and a magnificent observatory with panoramic views of HaLong Bay. In addition, rentals for water sports gear, fresh water baths, and refreshments are also available on the island.
- Cua Van Floating Village: This oldest floating village on Ha Long Bay is a great historical-cultural location. You will have a chance to learn more about the life of the locals, how they make a living and see the well-preserved small floating houses
If you want to visit some of these tourist attractions, you can buy tickets at Tuan Chau International Cruise Port and start your day cruise. The length depends on the route you take (at least 4 hours) and the price ranges from 240,000 – 290,000 VND / person.
- Route 1: Thien Cung Cave, Dau Go Cave, Dog Islet, Ba Hang Fishing Village, Dinh Huong Islet, Fighting Cock Island
- Route 2: Soi Sim Beach, Titop Island, Sung Sot Cave, Bo Nau Cave, Luon Cave, Fairy Lake Cave, Drum Cave, Trinh Nu Cave, Me Cung Cave
- Route 3: Cua Van Floating Culture Centre, Tien Ong Cave, Ba Ham Lake, Ba Men Temple, Ang Du Islet
- Route 4: Co Cave, Thay Cave, Cong Do Area, Cap La Cave, Vung Vieng Floating Village
- Route 5: Thien Cung Cave, Dau Go Cave, Dog Islet, Ba Hang Floating Village, Gia Luan Harbor (Cat Ba Island)
Option 3: Hotel + Halong City Tour
- Depart from Hanoi to HaLong using the new highway.
In the afternoon
- Arrive in Ha Long city at noon, you will take a rest at the hotel to recharge for the upcoming excursion. There are many interesting activities to do in HaLong City.
- Sunworld Ha Long Park: It is a world-class entertainment complex that includes several amusement parks, countless thrilling games and food courts. You can only spend a day in this park for recreation.
- Bai Chay Beach: Located near Sunworld Ha Long Park, Bai Chay Beach is a great spot for swimming. Infrastructure and services in the area are well developed and bring a lot of convenience.
- Bai Tho Mountain (Poem mountain): Adventure lovers can challenge themselves to climb to the top of Bai Tho mountain, which is only 5km from the city center. From here, you will enjoy the majestic view of HaLong Bay and take the best photos.
In the evening
- Return to Ha Long city for a walk around the night market. Enjoy famous cuisine and purchase some best souvenirs.
In the morning
- Quang Ninh Museum: As a new and famous attraction in Ha Long city with an area of 24,000m², the structure impresses tourists with thousands of square meters of black glass making it like a giant mirror. The museum displays whale skeletons, sailboat models, and diverse cultural identities. There is also a modern library inside the museum with over 100,000 titles.
- Yen Tu Mountain: The sacred mountain is not only well-known for its beautiful surroundings, but it also serves as Vietnam’s center for Buddhism. On the mountain is a 700-year-old Buddhist sanctuary that is home to numerous pagodas, temples, and historical buildings. Particularly, the Dong Pagoda atop Yen Tu Peak takes pride in being Asia’s tallest bronze pagoda. Tourists can enjoy the panoramic view of Yen Tu mountain from the cable car.
In the afternoon
- Return to Hanoi.
Let’s contact us for a FREE Itinerary Planned by Local Experts !