Halong Bay One Day Itinerary
What will you do if you only have one day to spend in Halong Bay? Put your worries about running out of time aside and take this full-day cruise over Halong Bay
It is a must-do experience while visiting Vietnam. You may spend a few hours exploring Halong Bay and return to Hanoi on the same day with just a 2.5-hour drive from Hanoi.
This article will assist you to select the finest cruise (4 hours, 6 hours, or 8 hours) with the appropriate cruiser options (wooden boat, steel-hulled boat) and at good prices. Additionally, you may find out what activities are included in a one-day Halong Bay tour.
Halong Bay Day Tour Activities
- In addition to the sightseeing activities included in a day trip, you can go kayaking for between 30 minutes and an hour. Kayaking is the best way to get close to the limestone islands in the bay and it will be a lot of fun when you can freely explore the various nooks and crannies of the bay.
>>> Read more: Kayaking in Halong Bay – The Completed Guide to Explore Amazing Bay
- Many fascinating natural caves, such as Sung Sot Cave, Thien Cung Cave, Trinh Nu Cave, and Thien Canh Son Cave, can be found at Halong Bay. You can ascend the island, go inside the caves and take in the gorgeous scenery that nature has bestowed.
Taking a bamboo rowboat
- If you don’t want to kayak, you can rent a bamboo boat rowed by locals to visit Luon cave and explore lovely scenic “swamp” areas.
Unwinding on the beach, swimming and hiking
- The bay’s beaches are not particularly large but beautiful. In addition to the lovely beach on Titop Island, the bay also has a number of other smaller beaches. Once landing on the island, you may relax on the beach, go swimming, or hike up a mountain for a panoramic view of Halong Bay and the best selfies.
>>> Read more: Swimming in Halong Bay: Best Tips for Swimming in Halong Bay
Joining a cooking class and afternoon tea
- These activities are really relaxing, so many visitors desire to participate. You can enjoy a cup of coffee, a cup of tea, or a glass of wine while watching the sunset over Halong Bay. However, it won’t be simple to capture this moment, so if you still would like to snap some pictures, good luck.
Suggested Sightseeing Itinerary for Ha Long 1 Day Tour
Sightseeing routes for a Halong 1-day tour
With the Halong 1-day tour, there are 3 options to visit the bays, including 2 routes in Halong Bay and 1 route in Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba Island (Hai Phong province).
Despite being in different geographical locations, these bays are still a part of Halong Bay’s landscape.
In the morning:
- Around 8:00 to 8:30 in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter and taken on a 2.5-hour drive to Halong. Along the way, there is typically a rest stop where you can have a cup of tea or coffee and see the local delicacies, arts, and crafts.
- Have lunch on board.
- Around lunchtime, you will arrive at the Tuan Chau international cruise marina and board your ship to begin your full-day cruise across Halong Bay. Lunch with traditional Vietnamese dishes is provided on board when it departs from Tuan Chau International Cruise Marina for a wonderful cruise. Additionally, a meal with fresh seafood and vegetables is available here.
- While the boat is sailing to pass by thousands of limestone islands and islets in Halong Bay, you should be ready to take beautiful pictures of the bay’s magnificent landscape. (Hon Cho Da) Stone Dog islet, Hon Vit (Duck) islet, Hon Ga Choi (Fighting-cock islet), and Hon Lu Huong (Incense burner islet) are some of the notable names among the beautiful limestone islands, islets, and steep cliffs. Each small island has a unique legend that serves as a reminder to visitors that Halong Bay is a priceless treasure that needs to be passed to future generations.
In the afternoon
- Most Halong Bay day cruises depart for the Hoa Cuong area, one of the most picturesque hidden places in the bay. Coming here, tourists can enter a wild and mysterious world that is surrounded by the limestone mountains.
- The day cruise in Halong Bay will offer you a one-of-the-kind chance to discover the hidden charm of this world natural heritage site.
- The Ngon Tay islet (Thumb islet), a remarkable stone rock that juts out of the sea and resembles a sizable thumb, will catch your eye. The islet has been there for roughly 6,000 years as the result of variations in sea level.
- The following stop is Thien Cung Cave, also referred to as the Heaven Palace cave. Thien Cung is a dry cave created by limestone karsts with unusual formations, and associated with enigmatic tales and folklore concerning ancient Vietnamese culture. Let’s enter and spend some time admiring the magnificent system of stalactites that nature has bestowed upon us. You might get the feeling you’re in a unique art museum.
- Make sure your camera is ready for this day trip to Halong Bay so that you can preserve the most beautiful pictures and memorable memories.
Swimming and kayaking
- After visiting the caves, continue your trip toward Ba Hang fishing village, one of the best places in Halong Bay for kayaking. Visitors will have around 45 minutes to kayak and explore the lovely Ba Hang area here. Kayaking is the most engaging activity in a day cruise on Halong Bay. Most day cruises provide free kayaking, and if you’re new to the activity, you’ll be given instruction on how to kayak.
Joining a cooking class
- Continuing the day trip, you will have the opportunity to take part in an onboard cooking class. The chef will demonstrate and teach you how to make spring rolls when the cruise heads back to the harbor.
In addition, you can enjoy a relaxing time to explore Vietnamese culture with Vietnamese tea served with a variety of biscuits on the way back to the harbor. Take advantage of the chance, in particular, to watch how to make tea the traditional Vietnamese way, if you’re interested.
Joining sunset party on the sundeck
- It’s time to take in the sundeck’s wonderful ambiance with the sunset party. Take your time and admire the stunning bay sunset. Following a full day of exploring Halong Bay, this is the ideal time to make new friends, share travel experiences, or just stand up and take in the sunset.
In the evening: Back to Hanoi
- When the cruise docks at the harbor, the Halong Bay day cruise will come to an end. You will be driven back to Hanoi and arrive at your hotel around 20:00 – 20:30.
All in all, a day cruise in Halong Bay will be the best option if you just have a short amount of travel time. Let’s pack your bags and Hanoi Explore Travel will assist you have an unforgettable trip.
Let’s visit our website for different types of cruises available for every budget, from backpackers to luxury.
Check out for the best deals on Halong Bay’s full-day cruise.