Ninh Binh Day Trip Itineraries
Ninh Binh is home to numerous well-known scenic areas that draw lots of tourists every year. Each destination in this region such as Hoa Lu ancient capital, Trang An, and Tam Coc has striking features of culture, history, and nature.
For such many attractive destinations, let’s choose from one of three Ninh Binh day trip itineraries suggested by Hanoi Explore Travel to get a full and memorable travel experience
This is more for you – Ninh Binh Itinerary
Itinerary 1: Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Trang An – Mua Cave
This itinerary will take you to the following 3 major attractions: Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Trang An – Mua Cave with the following details:
- In the morning: Tourists will be given a 30- to 40-minute tour of the Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and opt to visit the King Dinh and King Le temples’ historical sites as well.
- At noon: After the morning visit, tourists have lunch at a local restaurant, enjoying delicacies made with goat meat from Ninh Binh.
- In the afternoon: Continue the journey to Trang An scenic complex with 3 spiritual spots and 9 caves, including Bright Cave, Dark Cave, Nau Ruou Cave… Aside from the caves, you can also enjoy visiting various spiritual sites like the Tran Temple and Bao Hieu Pagoda.
Itinerary 2: Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Tam Coc – Mua Cave
For this itinerary, tourists will visit 3 main attractions: Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Tam Coc – Mua Cave with the details shown below:
- In the morning: Depart from Hanoi for Hoa Lu Ancient Capital where tourists will visit the Temple of King Dinh, King Le and learn about the traditional culture and historical relics that have been preserved to this day. Besides, you also have time to take check-in pictures inside the ancient capital area.
- At noon: Take a break and have lunch at an eatery or restaurant near the Tam Coc area.
- In the afternoon: continue your journey to Tam Coc, where you may take a boat tour down the Ngo Dong River and see several beautiful caves like Ca Cave and Hai Cave. Following that, you can ascend 486 limestone steps to Mua Cave. You may admire the majestic mountain landscape of Ninh Binh from here and take many beautiful photos.
Itinerary 3: Bai Dinh Pagoda – Trang An – Mua Cave
Bai Dinh Pagoda – Trang An – Hang Mua are three main stops if you choose this itinerary. The following list of activities includes:
- In the morning: The day trip in Ninh Binh will begin with a visit to Bai Dinh Pagoda, which has many attractive sites, including the Buddha Tathagata statue, the corridor of Arhat statues, the Kuan-Yin statue, and the Buddha Dharma Lord Hall.
- At noon: Take a rest and have lunch at a local restaurant. Here, you can try some Ninh Binh specialties like mountain goats and crispy burnt rice (com chay).
- In the afternoon: Move to Trang An scenic complex and visit some outstanding places such as Nau Ruou Cave, Bao Hieu Pagoda or Tran Temple… Then, after climbing roughly 500 limestone steps to Mua Cave, you may take in the stunning natural scenery of Ninh Binh.
Famous Tourist Attractions for a Ninh Binh Day Trip
There is a variety of tourist attractions to choose when visiting Ninh Binh but for a day trip excursion, you should prioritize exploring 5 famous destinations below:
>>> You may like to read:
>>> EXPLORE ALL NINH BINH TOURS <<<
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Hoa Lu was chosen as the first capital of Dai Co Viet (old name of Vietnam) under the reign of King Dinh Tien Hoang. Existing for three dynasties from the Dinh, pre-Le and Ly dynasties, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is now a relic site of significant historical value.
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital was built with solid terrain, surrounded by hills and mountains and given a view of the immense river. According to records, the southern portion of Hoa Lu capital as well as the inner and outer citadels are claimed to have been quite firmly built.
- The citadel, which is more than 300 hectares in size and 8–10 meters tall, is carved in a distinctive architectural style to bring a sense of majesty and firmness.
Bai Dinh Pagoda
- Bai Dinh pagoda in Ninh Binh – The first and most important thing is wonderful landscapes of Ninh Binh land have played an important role on the development of Viet Nam tourist industry to the world today.
- Not only do the marvelous sceneries make you dote on it, it also elicits a precious land with ancient historical relics of ancient Vietnam which is the second thing you should know. Bai Dinh Padoda includes both of majestic sceneries and spirit values. This is the largest spiritual pagoda in Viet Nam and one of the must-see places in Ninh Binh.
>>> Read More: Bai Dinh Pagoda and Significant Records in Ninh Binh
- Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex – a tourist destination recognized by UNESCO as a dual heritage site is a should-not-miss attraction when visiting Ninh Binh. Trang An is encircled by a system of limestone mountains that have existed for 250 million years.
- These limestone mountains have weathered over a long period of time under the effect of climate and many other elements, becoming natural caves with fanciful colors that have drawn tourists from near and far to visit.
>>> Read More: Trang An Grottoes, A uniqueness of Ninh Binh?
- Tam Coc, literally translated as “three caves”, is a stunning site where visitors can explore a system of caverns in the Trang An Complex, namely Ca Cave, Hai Cave, and Ba Cave. Tam Coc’s position also makes it convenient to access many other well-known tourist attractions in Ninh Binh.
>>> Read more: Tam Coc Bich Dong in Ninh Binh Offers A Spectacular Scenery
- At the foot of Mua Mountain, in the Khe Dau Ha village, Ninh Xuan commune tourist complex, Mua Cave is another location that tourists should not miss. It is well-known for having Ngoa Long peak, from which you can admire the entire magnificent landscape of Ninh Binh and snap many beautiful pictures.
>>> Read More: Mua Cave is worth being visited in Ninh Binh?
What is a reliable travel organizer for a day trip to Ninh Binh?
Hanoi Explore Travel is the best recommendation for you if you’re looking for a private or group tour to Ninh Binh from Hanoi but haven’t yet found a reliable tour operator.
Thanks to our extensive experience in planning trips in Ninh Binh, we are trusted by numerous customers and have great reviews on reputable platforms like tripadvisor and google map.
This for you:
In particular, Hanoi Explore Travel also owns a team of enthusiastic, experienced staff who always actively support you throughout your trip to ensure the greatest benefits and satisfaction for each customer.
Contact us to get advice and book a one-day tour of Ninh Binh that departs from Hanoi:
- Address: 33 Ngo Huyen Str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi
- Hotline/What’s app: + 84 974 805 797
- Email: email@example.com
Above are detailed information about 1-day Ninh Binh itineraries and the suggested attractions to visit. With this sharing, we hope you have a wonderful and memorable day trip there.