In the summer, the whole valley of Tam Coc is like a goregous painting with the mixture green and yellow colors
When June comes, the sky is totally azure. Standing at the top of the mountains and looking down, you will see the valleys of Tam Coc is like a musical compoisition of countryside calling the summer back
Sitting on the boat and rowing it gently, the travellers are like entering a fairy land because of harmonious combination of the rivers, mountains and fragrantly ripe rice fields
In the boiling days of the summer, to avoid the stuffy atmosphere of the big city, immersing yourself into peaceful life of the villages of Tam Coc Ninh Binh is a great way to refresh. To visit this place, you can choose the tour for 2 days 1 night at the weekend to explore must-visit destinations like: Trang An, Bai Dinh, Van Long, etc..
Assuming that you don’t have much time , you totally can explore Tam Coc in the season of ripe rice for 24 hours with the following schedule:
Hanoi Tam Coc Tour Detail Itinerary
7:00 am: Starting off in Hanoi by motorcycle or car; going by motorcyble yet will be much more active in visiting different placess
- Travelling by motorcycle: Following Highway 1A straight towards Ninh Binh city, after passing the city center towards the way to Thanh Hoa province, you will see a big instruction sign into Tam Coc tourism area
- By bus: Catch the bus at Giap Bat or My Dinh (Hanoi) Bus Station to Ninh Binh with the price ticket of 60.000 -100.000 VND per person for the travelling duration of around 2 hours, then you will reach Ninh Binh city center. From here you can grab a taxi or motorcycle to Tam Coc wharf
9:30 am: Present at the wharf and buy a sightseeing ticket. The price ranges are as following: 120.000VND/per adult/turn; 60.000VND/ per child below 1,4 meters/turn and boat ticket 150.000 VND/per boat/turn
Besides, you can rent a bicycle and take a ride around Tam Coc to admire the amazing sceneries of beautiful ripe rice fileds.
10:00 am: To explore the whole of Tam Coc, the best way is by taking a boat ride. Visiting Tam Coc in the summer, which is also the season of ripe rice; you can both avoid the boiling temperature of the metropolitan , let your hair down a bit, and immerse yourself into the nature of the tranquil village.
Tam Coc means “three caves”, including Ca Cave, Hai Cave and Ba Cave. Three caves are all created by Ngo Dong river running through the mountains
Ca Cave has the length of 127m, the width of 20m, and runs through a huge mountain. Hai Cave is nearly 1km away from Ca Cave, 60 m in length. Ba Cave is 50m in length, the ceiling is like a stonevault, lower than the 2 others. In the caves, the atmosphere is extremely cool and there are many stalactite drooping with various forms.
It is going to take you around 2 hours to visit all of three caves and during this time, you will have the chance to do sightseeing of the surroundings of Ngo Dong river. It is like a brilliant carpet formed by both green and golden rice yields where some are being harvested and some are ripe.
12:30 pm: Have lunch and try specialities of the anceint city in which mountain goat meat and scorched rice topped with pork loss are the most famous ones.
2:00 pm: Tak rest or make use of the afternoon to visit the surroundings, which are
- Climbing Mua Cave to admire the whole view of Tam Coc area of the ripe rice fields and take excellent photos. This is an ecological tourism combining trekking and playing sports, which is great for travellers who are into doing outdoors activities
- Visit Thai Vi pagoda, where it worships Tran Thai Tong and Tran Thanh Tong Kings, Tran Hung Dao, Tran Quang Khai, Tran Thi Dung generals. To get to this spot, you can walk to Thai Vi pagoda by road that is 2km away from Tam Coc wharf. The pagoda is located among fragrant rice fields, which will give you an impressive experience.
- Thien Huong cave is located on the way from Ngo Dong river to Thai Vi pagoda, a dry and bright grotto, right at the middle of the mountain and around 15m from the ground. The most interesting fact of this cave is that it has large, open top; standing at the ground of the cave you can see the sky and there is also cool breeze. These are special characteristics of this cave that rarely any case has.
5:00 pm: Get back to Hanoi after an intersting day of finding out the ancient city
More Related Post: