Cuc Phuong national park is on a large scale nowadays, it is very attractive and magnificent to attract tourist in and out of Vietnam for their discovery. The park expresses great values in science, economics, aesthetics and humanity. Besides, it is also a connection between ancient time and modern life, among culture, science and tourist, between Vietnam and the world.
This place is worth being visited in Ninh Binh if you like either exploring and adventurous trip or making the trek out there to see the impressive rainforest, and the Endangered Primates Rescue Center.
Table of Contents
- 1 Where is Cuc phuong national park?
- 2 Cuc phuong national park tour
- 3 Cuc phuong national park accommodation
Where is Cuc phuong national park?
Cuc Phuong national park was established on 7th of July in 1962. Total acreage is 22.200 hectares
Cuc Phuong national park has a part of Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa and Hoa Binh province and it is far from Hanoi about 100km. Cuc Phuong National Park is located about 45 kilometers north of Ninh Binh. In which2/3 of Cuc Phuong national park belongs to Ninh Binh province.
Address in Ninh Binh: Nho Quan district
Cuc Phuong- the first national park in Viet Nam
- The important roles of Cuc Phuong national park Viet Nam:
- This is the first national park of Viet Nam
- It is compared as a large museum for nature preservation, a botanical garden, a rare and precious zoo in Viet Nam and in over the world
- Being a giant laboratory used by nature and human being, many scientists from Viet Nam and other countries in the world have come to Cuc Phuong national park to do their important researches on various flora and fauna.
Special features of Cuc Phuong national park
Cuc Phuong national park includes mountains and stone mountains which occupy 3/ 4 of forest area. This is also a huge botanical garden because it covers about 1,983 high plants and precious trees in which there are 37 species put in red list of threatened species in Vietnam.
Besides, there are plenty of trees with their freak and unique shapes and way of living. Some oftrees originated from ten millions of years ago. Especially Cuc Phuong National Park is a tropical forest which still kept a significant area of primary forest and save many freak kinds of flowers and fruits
Cuc phuong national park animals
This national park is not only rich about plants but it is also very popular for animals. The Cuc Phuong “zoo” has more than 450 types of vertebrates, in which there are about 89 kinds or animals, 307 types of birds, 110 kinds of reptiles, 65 types of fishes and 2000 kinds of insects.
Cuc phuong national park ninh binh with the special
Especially you can catch many butterflies covering crowdedly around the park. A world of butterflies with sparkling and magical colors gathers in the park most actively in April and May.
In Cuc Phuong national park, there are also some caves with interesting names such as: Vui Xuan cave (a bit referring to excitement in the spring), Trang Khuyet cave (waning moon),…Each cave looks like a palatial palace with beautiful stalactites.
- A special cave named “Dong Nguoi Xua” (cave of prehistoric man) is just about 30 meter squares in acreage. Archaeologists found 3 ancient tombs lying deeply under the ground 0.40 meter and 1.4 meter and they asserted that primitive men lived here in Ninh Binh far from us today about 7000 to 12.500 years.
Cuc phuong national park tour
The best time to visit Cuc Phuong is from December to April when the weather is cool and the rain forest goes through. Do not travel on rainy days because of the wet weather producing many mosquitoes
Here below are some main activities at Cuc Phuong national park for tourists:
- Cuc Phuong National Park trekking
- Participatory ecotourism
- See wildlife at night
- Bird watching
- Cycling in the forest
- Watch for reptiles, amphibians and insects
- Visit biodiversity sites
- Ethnic entertainment program
How about Cuc phuong national park 1 day tour? This is one of the most popular options for busy travelers. Join in 1 day in Cuc Phuong National Park with us to visit Endangered Primate Rescue Centre, visit Turtle Conservation program and botanical garden, mountainous trekking or trekking over flat paths.
Cuc phuong national park map, entrance fee
Visiting Cuc Phuong national park takes you only 60.000 VND
How to get to cuc phuong national park from Hanoi
Located in northern Viet Nam, from Hanoi city going to Cuc Phuong national park Ninh Binh by bus or taxi is the most convenient way for you especially for international travelers. When you reach in Ninh Binh, you can catch a taxi to get to Cuc Phuong.
Cuc phuong national park Tripadvisor
Here are some excellent reviews for Cuc Phuong national park Ninh Binh on Tripadvisor:
“The interesting part of this national park was that we got to ride our motorbikes inside of the park! Some other nice things to see were the caves (there were a few) as well as the 1000 year old tree! So cool!”
“Located about 70km from Tam Coc this park offers stunning scenery and an insight into rehabilitating wildlife, mainly monkeys. Guides can be engaged at the parks entrance and are recommended to get the full appreciation of this park. Sturdy hiking shoes are strongly recommended. Birds and beautiful butterflies can be seen along the way. Very peaceful and relaxing outing.”
“We chose this place in order to have a trip without noise and crowds. My childrens love to went to the Turtle and Primate Rescue Centre.”
Cuc phuong national park accommodation
Upon arriving in Ninh Binh, you settle into one of the many hotels in the area before starting their journey into the countryside.
- You can choose some luxury homestays, hotels or resort near Cuc Phuong National Park such as: Hoa Lu shack homestay from us $100, Emeralda Resort NinhBinh from US $187, NinhBinh family homestay from US $55
- Or standard accommodations near Cuc Phuong national park: Lang Khanh hotel from US $14, Tam Coc homestay from US $6, Tam Coc backpacker hostel from US $7
Since it is easy to get disoriented in Cuc Phuong Nationtal Park, we highly recommend you to take an experienced guide. Our tour guides have many years of touring in Ninh Binh at Cuc Phuong National Park, Tam Coc, Bai Dinh, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, Trang An Grottoes…Contact us via email, Fanpage or What’s app : + 84 974 805 797 to be advised, we are always supportive and careful
- Read All Things To Do in Ninh Binh to have all Local Experiences to Travel to Ninh Binh