Ninh Binh is one of the most attractive destination in the North and ranking only behind SaPa and Halong Bay. Ninh Binh is a summation of river tourism, caves, cultural history, discovery and relaxation. Please read through some experiences for self-sufficiency in travelling in Ninh Binh as below and your trip is well prepared beyond all expectation.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Tips for A Backpacking Travel to Ninh Binh
- 2 Some cheap and quality hotels in Ninh Binh
- 3 Which tourist attractions should to visit in Ninh Binh?
- 4 Which foods you should enjoy in Ninh Binh?
Best Tips for A Backpacking Travel to Ninh Binh
How do you get to Ninh Binh from Hanoi?
Ninh Binh has the same climate and climate as in Hanoi, so you can go to Ninh Binh at any time of the year. However, from my experiences, Ninh Binh attract the attention of customers in the summer holidays, festivals and Christmas …
Ninh Binh city is about 93km from the south of Hanoi, and the transportation is very convenient with both the National Highway 1A and the main north-south rail link run through. Therefore, you can go to Ninh Binh by road and railway.
Travel by road:
From Hanoi: You can go to any bus station in Hanoi such as My Dinh, Giap Bat, Gia Lam, … to take a bus to Ninh Binh, whenever you are ready, bus is always available. It is more convenient for you to go by private car or motorcycle, From the center of Hanoi city, you go to Giai Phuong street and go through Giap Bat bus station about 3 km, visitors turn left 1 km to Phap Van – Cau Gie, then continue in the direction of Cau Gie – Phu Ly – Ninh Binh. It will only take about 1h-1h30 to Ninh Binh by shutle bus.
From Sai Gon: If you are in Sai Gon, you can go to Mien Dong bus station to catch the bus to Ninh Binh or you can come to Hanoi then you go to Ninh Binh.
Other Central and Southern Provinces, you can go by car to Saigon, then follow all instructions as above. Or you go by plane to Hanoi and catch the car to Ninh Binh.
Travel by railway:
Hanoi: You need to go to Hanoi railway station and buy train tickets to Ninh Binh: SE1 depart at 21:09 (58,000 -128.000 / ticket), SE5 depart at 11:14 (46,000 – 124,000/ ticket) SE7 depart at 8:29 (46,000 – 124,000/ ticket). train tickets will cost more money depending on the seat type.
Central and Southern provinces:you should arrive Sai Gon train station to catch the train to Ninh Binh. SE2 depart at 16:55 (586,000 – 1,580,000/ ticket), SE8 depart at 12:49 (586,000 – 1,580,000/ ticket)
Means of travel in Ninh Binh:
You can rent a taxi or motorbike to travel in Ninh Binh during your stay here. But the best way to cut back on expenses.You should, rent a motorcycle . It is cheaper and more initiative to explore Ninh Binh. With a group of tourists, you can rent a touring-car.
Some cheap and quality hotels in Ninh Binh
This area is home to a lot of hotels, motels, restaurants, travel centers and travel services for foreign backpackers and budget tourists. Ninh Binh has become a familiar address and the gathering place of foreign visitors to the city. Ninh Binh is a stable and developed economy. Currently, there is a 5 – star resort in Ninh Binh (Emeralda Resort Ninh Binh in Van Long ecological tourism), in the center of city, there are many high-grade hotels up to 3-4- star standard, and a series of hotels and motels are popular with price from 200.000 VND or more.
Learn from experiences of backpacking trip in Ninh Binh,to save on expenses, you should book hotel before departure,specially, in the high season of tourism it is difficult to book any hotel . As usual, you may not need it. However, before booking you should also find some hotels in Ninh Binh to know which hotel suits your needs, from price, service, quality, comfort, easy transportation, security and service attitude.
Online hotel booking sites such as Agoda.com, Booking.com, … or Travel Agency in Hanoi to find the best hotel in Ninh Binh.
- View more list: Travel Agent in Hanoi
A few suggestions for some cheap, quality and comfort hotels, you should stay in your journey in Ninh Binh:
– Thu Hotel: No. 2, Kim Dong Street, Ninh Binh City Center. Room rates from 216.000VNĐ / room / night.
– Ha Trang Hotel Ninh Binh: Tam Coc – Bich Dong. Room rates from 218.000VNĐ / room / night.
– Ninh Binh Family Homestay: Bai Dinh Pagoda. Room rates from 300.000VND / room / night.
Which tourist attractions should to visit in Ninh Binh?
That easily make up a plan for combination of ecotourism, resort, spiritual tourism, adventure tourism, exploring tourism, …
In addition to the tourist attractions and cultural discovery tours to scenic I mentioned if you have time, you can go there:
– Hoa Lu relic site: relics, ruins of palaces, temples, pagodas, tombs still exist until today … We would like to share one experience in travelling in Ninh Binh. When you visit Hoa Lu, you should not miss Ngan Xuyen Pagoda (near the foot of Ma Yen Mountain) and Nhat Tru Pagoda (about 200 meters away from the King Le temple) for sightseeing and incense offering. These temples are so beautiful and sacred
– Phat Diem stone church: Built in Gothic style, Phat Diem stone church is the most beautiful Catholic church in Vietnam.
– Other tourist destinations: Shunshine Valley, Ma Tien cave, Dong Chuong lake, Non Nuoc mountain, and Kenh Ga hot spring.
You can read this article : Things To Do in Ninh Binh to know most beautyful place, entrance fee ticket, transportation… before you travel to Ninh Binh. Or if you wouldn’t like to travel by yourself you can book all Ninh Binh Tours dirrectly with us to save your time and get Best Deal.
Which foods you should enjoy in Ninh Binh?
When you come to Ninh Binh, you cannot ignore two most famous specialities: burned rice and goat meat. There are always these two specialities in the menu in any restaurants near tourist area. However, I recommend that you should eat Burned Rice -Meat Goat at Hoang Long and Truong Yen restaurant where is famous for delicious, cheap food.
– Goi ca Nhech which is one of the delicious dishes not to be missed while traveling Ninh Binh. Goi ca Nhech Kim Son is not only known in Ninh Binh, but also is famous throughout the North, because of its distinctive taste, smell delicious. Just only one time you try, you will remember forever taste.
– Nem Yen Mac: Although it is not as famous as Nem Ninh Chu or Nem Thanh Hoa, nem Yen Mac is one of the famous specialties in Ninh Binh. You can buy this special gift as a gift from Ninh Binh tourism.
– Mountain Snail Tam Diep has long been a famous dish in Ninh Binh. This snail that lives in Tam Diep Limestone Mountains and is very nutritious, because its main food is grass and medicinal plants in Tam Diep Mountain. Mountain snail is crunchy, tough, sweet and distinctive flavors.
– Mien Luon – the most delicious place is of Mrs. Phan. You can go to Tran Hung Dao intersection (Ninh Binh city) to enjoy this dish.
– Sour mackerel soup: Mackerel Truong Yen which is very fat,firm meat and sweet, so is often processed into a sour mackerel soup. Gradually, this dish becomes the main course in the menu of restaurants and hotels.
– Other delicacie: Can alcohol Nho Quan, Lai Thanh wine, Gia Vien sprat sauce, Nho Quan sticky rice ant egg, To Nhu “bun moc”, stuffed sticky rice balls, roasted crab with la lot, fish cooked with sauce and gao in Ninh Binh.
Moreover, you should remember to bring your own climbing shoes which is absorbent and comfortable. Because most of the places is cave; if you want to buy something, you should bargain with seller.
In addition, you should spend 2-4 days to explore all the beauty in Ninh Binh. Or you can see more article : How Many Days In Ninh Binh? to know more information then get a reasonable your trip to Ninh Binh
If you wonder how to go, you can comment below we will suggest some tours to help you. Have a good trip !