Mua Caves is worth being visited in Ninh Binh, believe me !
The cave brings you one of the best panoramic view of one of the nicest sceneries in Viet Nam- that’s Ninh Binh- which is known as a wonder of the world, the Telegraph from UK said “It’s an area known locally as Vietnam’s ‘Inland Halong Bay’”.
This can’t be denied since more and more foreigners choose Mua Cave( Hang Mua – Vietnamese name) for their short holidays while being in the north of Viet Nam.
Table of Contents
- 1 Mua Cave Ninh Binh Why not?4 Questions to complete an amazing trip
- 2 Should I take a tour in Mua cave or I go by myself ?
Mua Cave Ninh Binh Why not?4 Questions to complete an amazing trip
Visit Mua Cave, you totally get challenging to finally enjoy wonderful relaxation on the top of Mua Cave mountain with a majestic world around you.
You can’t wait anymore to see some beautiful picture of Mua Cave Ninh Binh below:
So visiting Mua Cave Ninh Binh in just 1 day, it’s cheap and easy, why not? Answer 4 questions below will help you to decide more certainly, because they provide you almost things you need to have experiences in this attraction.
Why Mua Caves Ninh Binh ?
Mua cave is near Hanoi city, far from it about 90 km. It belongs to a cultural land of Ninh Binh
Mua cave is located in Khe Dau Ha village, Ninh Xuan commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province. Together with Trang An ecological tourism complex, the terrain of Mua cave looks majestic with rolling mountains surrounding a whole large delta like a rampart is protecting the country inside.
Do you know that the name of Mua cave was originated from an old time story, when the King Tran came to Hoa Lu captital, he often stopped at Mua cave so there were dancing performances by emperial maids, so people call the cave is “Mua” ( dancing)
Attractive beauty, less touristy than other places in Ninh Binh
Planning a trip to Mua caves, besides you take a ride to the cave you will being overcoming 486 stone steps to see beautiful sceneries on the top of Mua mountain.
The road to Mua cave was imitated as Great wall of China. Although it may make you tired because of high steps, it becomes more interesting if you climb slowly and on the way you can take some nice photos.
Since you end your climbing, on the top of Mua cave, every worries will gone with the wind. Any tiring feeling will disappear, instead limitness and expanses of fat rice crops ( Tam Coc rice fileds) appears magically in front of your eyes.
When should you visit Mua Cave ?
In the summer it’s ideally to visit Mua cave for you to catch a panoramic view of ripe rice fields. But don’t worry at any time you totally admire peacefully imposing and stunning beauty of Ninh Binh.
As you can see the best time to see Mua caves is when Vietnamese farmers are planting rice then even green or yellow rice paddies all attract you immediately.
This period of time will start from May to July of a year. If at that time it’s on a sunny day you will have memorable day trip in Mua cave.
But sometimes it’s far too hot and you may get tired that influences on your mood. A cool day is a good choice to visit Ninh Binh with watching sunset or the flow of dawn as should-do activities.
Another tip is that you should avoid rainny seasons because of disadvantages of moving. Moreover the gray sky prevents us from taking nice photos.
Above of all, your schedule or hobby is most important to decide when you should visit Mua cave
What things to do in Mua Cave ?
Pick up 1 suitable itinerary for you
- 1 Day in Mua cave: Start your trip from Hanoi in the morning, you will arrive in Ninh Binh at about 10:00, then spend your first time to visit Tam Coc, or Trang An until noon. Find yourself a restaurant nearby for lunch. The next time, it’s used for exploring Mua cave on the top of Mua moutain. Come back to your bus to go to Hanoi at about 16:30- 17:00
- 2 Days visiting Mua Cave: Before you start climbing up the cave, staying 1 night in Ninh Binh on the previous day is a good ideal. Located under the foot of Mua mountain, known by many visitors “Mua cave Ecolodge” is a good place to stay. To know why it should be your choice or find other accommodations you should read this post: 9 Best Place To Stay In Ninh Binh
>>> You might want to read:
Mua cave ecolodge room
What to eat?
Traditonal cuisine is a key to make your trip memorable. Find these dishes in Ninh Binh such as medium-rare goat meat with lemon, goat meat cooked on oil pan, baked goat meat, crisp rice dipped with sauce…to taste and learn more about cuisine in Ninh Binh
How to get to Mua Caves Ninh Binh?
Transportation from Hanoi to Mua cave
If you depart from Hanoi to Mua Caves, you can go by train, motorbike and bus. It takes you about 2 hours. Mua cave is only 6km away from the center of Ninh Binh city, so it’s easy for you to catch a taxi get to the hotel/homestay.
For the shuttle bus, there are two options: the buses will pick you up at the fore-arranged address or you can go catch the bus at the bus stations. If you want to catch the bus yourself, you can go to:
- Giap Bat bus station at 6 Giai Phong street, Hoang Mai district.
- Yen Nghia bus station at Highway 6, Ha Dong district.
- Nuoc Ngam bus station at 1 Ngoc Hoi road, Hoang Mai district.
- My Dinh bus station at 20 Pham Hung.
Tips for each sort of transportation from Hanoi: ( applied for 1 day trip)
- You should take a train departing from 6:00 am to save your 1 day if you have only 1 day in Ninh Binh. A train ticket costs from 80.000 VND
- Go by bus is the most popular form of transportation for foreigners. Price is from 150.000 VND/way but they will pick you up from your hotel/airbnb if you stay in the Hanoi center. Sometimes, some people feel more comfortable to hire a private car, which seems to be more suitable for families.
- Ride a motobike sounds interesting for any one who loves exploring. Viet Nam is a “world of motorbike” here you never find it difficult to hire a motorbike for 1 day. However to find a good renter in Hanoi can make you confused, don’t hesitate to contact us Hanoi Explore Travel, our local colleague in Hanoi is willing to help you to hire a motorbike will the best price.
Should I take a tour in Mua cave or I go by myself ?
Well, this question never gives you a correct answer. If buying a tour you don’t have to be worried about anything. Everything is well-organized by suppliers with a fixed schedule, restaurant, hotel, knowledge tourguide, transportation 2 ways…
It’s Tam Coc Mua Cave Tour is an example for a typical tour even including 3 places to visit in 1 day in Ninh Binh
- >>> Discover Mua Cave Beauty With Trang An Mua Cave Tour
- >>> Discover Bai Dinh Pagoda and Beauty of Mua Cave: Deluxe Bai Dinh Trang An Mua Cave Tour
On the other hand, you like travelling by yourself or with your travel mates, here is some calculations for your trip:
- Transportation: From US $6- $15
- Food: US $10- $20
- Bike/motorbike renting if you wan to go around Mua Cave: US $2- $5
- Mua cave ticket : ~ US $4/ticket
- Tea/coffee/drink: US $2- $5
I hope this post helps you to plan your trip in Mua cave Ninh Binh. From transportation services to hotels, homestays, daily tours… Hanoi Explore Travel covers them all to immediately be your advisor, let share with us your questions at any time.
- Read More: Mua Cave – Lonely Planet