Mua Caves is worth being visited in Ninh Binh, believe me !
The cave brings you one of the best panoramic view of one of the nicest sceneries in Viet Nam- that’s Ninh Binh- which is known as a wonder of the world, the Telegraph from UK said “It’s an area known locally as Vietnam’s ‘Inland Halong Bay’” or Mua Cave – The Vietnamese “Great Wall of China”
This can’t be denied since more and more foreigners choose Mua Cave( Hang Mua – Vietnamese name) for their short holidays while being in the north of Viet Nam.
- Read More: Mua Cave – Top 1 Tourist Destination in Ninh Binh – recognized by Tripadvisor
Table of Contents
- 1 Mua Cave Ninh Binh Why not?4 Questions to complete an amazing trip
- 1.1 Why Mua Caves Ninh Binh ?
- 1.2 When should you visit Mua Cave ?
- 1.3 What things to do in Mua Cave ?
- 1.4 How to Make a Perfect Trip to Mua Cave from Hanoi? Should I take a tour in Mua cave or I go by myself ?
Mua Cave Ninh Binh Why not?4 Questions to complete an amazing trip
Visit Mua Cave, you totally get challenging to finally enjoy wonderful relaxation on the top of Mua Cave mountain with a majestic world around you.
You can’t wait anymore to see some beautiful picture of Mua Cave Ninh Binh below:
So visiting Mua Cave Ninh Binh in just 1 day, it’s cheap and easy, why not? Answer 4 questions below will help you to decide more certainly, because they provide you almost things you need to have experiences in this attraction.
Why Mua Caves Ninh Binh ?
Mua Cave is near Hanoi city, far from it about 90 km. It belongs to a cultural land of Ninh Binh
Mua cave is located in Khe Dau Ha village, Ninh Xuan commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province. Together with Trang An ecological tourism complex, the terrain of Mua cave looks majestic with rolling mountains surrounding a whole large delta like a rampart is protecting the country inside.
Do you know that the name of Mua cave was originated from an old time story, when the King Tran came to Hoa Lu captital, he often stopped at Mua cave so there were dancing performances by emperial maids, so people call the cave is “Mua” ( dancing)
Entrance Fee Ticket of Mua Cave
- Ticket Price: 100.000 VND/person (US $4)
Attractive beauty – Less touristy than other places in Ninh Binh
Planning a trip to Mua caves, besides you take a ride to the cave you will being overcoming 486 stone steps to see beautiful sceneries on the top of Mua mountain.
The road to Mua cave was imitated as Great wall of China. Although it may make you tired because of high steps, it becomes more interesting if you climb slowly and on the way you can take some nice photos.
Since you end your climbing, on the top of Mua cave, every worries will gone with the wind. Any tiring feeling will disappear, instead limitness and expanses of fat rice crops ( Tam Coc rice fileds) appears magically in front of your eyes.
When should you visit Mua Cave ?
- In the summer it’s ideally to visit Mua cave for you to catch a panoramic view of ripe rice fields. But don’t worry at any time you totally admire peacefully imposing and stunning beauty of Ninh Binh.
- As you can see the best time to see Mua caves is when Vietnamese farmers are planting rice then even green or yellow rice paddies all attract you immediately.
- This period of time will start from May to July of a year. If at that time it’s on a sunny day you will have memorable day trip in Mua cave.
- But sometimes it’s far too hot and you may get tired that influences on your mood. A cool day is a good choice to visit Ninh Binh with watching sunset or the flow of dawn as should-do activities.
- Another tip is that you should avoid rainny seasons because of disadvantages of moving. Moreover the gray sky prevents us from taking nice photos.
- Above of all, your schedule or hobby is most important to decide when you should visit Mua cave
What things to do in Mua Cave ?
Take photos at the virtual tower
(this tower, everyone usually take photo to upload on social network- the virtual world.)
Following the path leading to the foot of the mountain and climb nearly 500 stairs to the top of the mountain to explore this tower
The ramp up to the stand in Mua cave is too steep, it takes about 25 minutes to 45 minutes depending on your strength.
After we had climbed mountain, you will see a highest tower in Mua cave with Vietnamese traditional architecture.
The view is so beautiful from up above with a clear blue sky and majestic mountains
Explore Dragon Peak sunset + The Goddess of Mercy’s shrine
At the top of the highest mountain there are two roads: One path to the right signed one of The Goddess of Mercy’s shrines and the other to the right signed a dragon with beautiful stonework creates a specific for it – you can witness the one of masterpiece in Ninh Binh.
Although Mua cave is closed at 5pm and sunset down around 6:30 pm. However, you still can enjoy the sky had begun to turn orange when the sun set behind the mountain top
The most amazing view
Mua cave is known as one of the muses of Tam Coc, because at the top of Mua Cave you can have a most realistic and vivid panoramic view of Tam Coc with fields, blue rivers running slow and lazy, and majestic limestone mountains, the combination makes a wonderful picture.
The scene of Mua cave will surely captivate your heart and you will have an unforgettable impression on your travels.
Nature lovers and photo lovers should not miss this place on their journey.
Tiger Cave + Flower Garden
Tiger Cave is located on the left of the entrance. Walk through the artificial lakes, through the small paths and an ancient large, mossy green artificial lake is the entrance to the cave.
This cave don’t have a large surface area. There is an underground stream deep inside cave. However, it only appears during the summer
Located on the right hand side of the entrance is the valley of colorful flowers. A large lotus lake. However, if you come here in the summer, you will have the opportunity to take photos and enjoy the lotus
Nearby Attraction and Activities
Mua Cave is one of the most popular attractions that you can select for your trip to Ninh Binh.
Besides, there are other destinations nearby, so you can expand your schedule.
Such as Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, Tam Coc, Bich Dong Pagoda, Thung Nham Bird Park, Thien Ha Galaxy, Trang An landscape complex, Bai Dinh pagoda complex, Phat Diem Church, Cuc Phuong National Park. All of them has their own appeal.
Among them, you can consider Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Thung Nham Bird Park, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, Bai Dinh Pagoda, Trang An Grottoes. They are the most popular tourist destinations and are near Mua Cave.
Tam Coc Bich Dong
Bich Dong is a temple surrounded by a lake with blooming lotus flowers. The path to the top of Bich Dong goes through a cave decorated with impressive statues.
And on the top of Bich Dong, you will have a grandstand view. This is also a great place to have beautiful memories for your trip
The best thing is the entrance fee to Tam Coc – Bich Dong to be free!
Bai Dinh Pagoda
Bai Dinh Temple is a large temple complex with many Asian and Vietnamese records established as the temple has the largest gold-plated Buddha image in Asia, the temple has the longest Arhat corridor in Asia, and the Maitreya statue.
Southeast Asia’s largest bronze … You will be impressed by the religious and fascinating beauty of the Bai Dinh Temple complex. ! If you love ancient Asian architecture, you should mark this place on your map.
Trang An Grottoes
Trang An complex is a breathtaking landscape of almost vertical limestone populations surrounding valleys and rivers. Also known as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trang An will surprise you with the beauty of nature
You will take 2.5 hours by boat to visit famous caves such as Light cave, Dark cave, Ba Giot Cave, Nau Ruou, Sinh cave , Si Si cave, etc. Don’t forget to bring your camera as you will be taking great photos here.
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
The former capital of Vietnam is located 90 km south of Hanoi, protected by high limestone mountains and earthen walls. Hoa Lu is a beautiful old city, the economic and political center of Dai Con Viet, a kingdom extending from northern Vietnam to the center during the 10th and 11th centuries.
See How to fit Hang Mua in your ultimate itinerary:
- 1 Day in Mua cave: Start your trip from Hanoi in the morning, you will arrive in Ninh Binh at about 10:00, then spend your first time to visit Tam Coc, or Trang An, Bai Dinh Pagoda, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital until noon. Find yourself a restaurant nearby for lunch. The next time, it’s used for exploring Mua cave on the top of Mua moutain. Come back to your bus to go to Hanoi at about 16:30- 17:00
- 2 Days visiting Mua Cave: Before you start climbing up the cave, staying 1 night in Ninh Binh on the previous day is a good ideal. Located under the foot of Mua mountain, known by many visitors “Mua cave Ecolodge” is a good place to stay. To know why it should be your choice or find other accommodations you should read this post: 9 Best Place To Stay In Ninh Binh
How to Make a Perfect Trip to Mua Cave from Hanoi? Should I take a tour in Mua cave or I go by myself ?
Well, this question never gives you a correct answer. If buying a tour you don’t have to be worried about anything. Everything is well-organized by suppliers with a fixed schedule, restaurant, hotel, knowledge tourguide, transportation 2 ways…
It’s an example for a typical tour even including 3 places to visit in 1 day in Ninh Binh. Pick up 1 suitable itinerary for you:
>>> Deluxe Hoa Lu Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour – Limousine Transfer – All In One: Biking, Hiking, Boat Trip <<<
” Deluxe Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour (Maximum 15 participants) is one of the most satisfying boat tour in Ninh Binh with a combination of visiting picturesque Trang An Tour at Ecotourism Landscape and exploring a spectacular Mua caves.
It will make your day become memorable because of a fixed convenient schedule for climbing to the top of the Mua cave seeing how a panoramic view of Ninh Binh is, slowly moving on a rowing boat in Ecotourism Trang An Tour to discover mysterious caves. “
>>> Deluxe Hoa Lu Tam Coc Mua Cave Small Group – Limousine Transfer <<<
” Deluxe Hoa Lu Tam Coc Mua Cave Small Group Day Tour from Hanoi is a great trip to explore one of the most attractive activities such as visiting Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, taking a rowing 2 hours bamboo boat trip, riding on the peaceful Ngo Dong river, cycling through the nicest paddy fields in Vietnam, …”
>>> Discover Bai Dinh Pagoda and Beauty of Mua Cave: Deluxe Bai Dinh Trang An Mua Cave Small Group – Limousine Transfer <<<
This Bai Dinh Trang An Mua Cave Tour is highly recommended for family groups including children, elders or groups of friends… with a reasonable itinerary and great price. “
On the other hand, you like travelling by yourself or with your travel mates, here is some calculations for your trip:
- Transportation: From US $6- $15
- Food: US $10- $20
- Bike/motorbike renting if you wan to go around Mua Cave: US $2- $5
- Mua cave ticket : ~ US $4/ticket
- Tea/coffee/drink: US $2- $5
What to eat?
Traditonal cuisine is a key to make your trip memorable. Find these dishes in Ninh Binh such as medium-rare goat meat with lemon, goat meat cooked on oil pan, baked goat meat, crisp rice dipped with sauce…to taste and learn more about cuisine in Ninh Binh
How to get to Mua Caves Ninh Binh?
From Hanoi to Mua cave
If you depart from Hanoi to Mua Caves, you can go by train, motorbike and bus. It takes you about 2 hours. Mua cave is only 6km away from the center of Ninh Binh city, so it’s easy for you to catch a taxi get to the hotel/homestay.
For the shuttle bus, there are two options: the buses will pick you up at the fore-arranged address or you can go catch the bus at the bus stations. If you want to catch the bus yourself, you can go to:
- Giap Bat bus station at 6 Giai Phong street, Hoang Mai district.
- Yen Nghia bus station at Highway 6, Ha Dong district.
- Nuoc Ngam bus station at 1 Ngoc Hoi road, Hoang Mai district.
- My Dinh bus station at 20 Pham Hung.
Tips for each sort of transportation from Hanoi: ( applied for 1 day trip)
- You should take a train departing from 6:00 am to save your 1 day if you have only 1 day in Ninh Binh. A train ticket costs from 80.000 VND
- Go by bus is the most popular form of transportation for foreigners. Price is from 150.000 VND/way but they will pick you up from your hotel/airbnb if you stay in the Hanoi center. Sometimes, some people feel more comfortable to hire a private car, which seems to be more suitable for families.
- Ride a motobike sounds interesting for any one who loves exploring. Viet Nam is a “world of motorbike” here you never find it difficult to hire a motorbike for 1 day. However to find a good renter in Hanoi can make you confused, don’t hesitate to contact Hanoi Explore Travel, our local colleague in Hanoi is willing to help you to hire a motorbike will the best price.
>>> You might want to check out: