Ninh Binh Weather: Everything you Need to know before Travel to Ninh Binh
When is Ninh Binh the most beautiful? When is the Best time to visit Ninh Binh ? This is the question that many travelers bear in mind when planning a trip to visit the well-known destination for picturesque landscape in Northern Vietnam. Every season – summer, spring, lotus, or ripe rice – brings with it a unique beauty that is sure to enhance your trip with poetry and remembrance.
Let’s join with Hanoi Explore Travel to check out more details in the article below!
Climate and temperature in Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh experiences humid subtropical weather that varies with the season. There are four seasons in this amazing land: winter (dry season), summer (rainy season), spring, and autumn, which are two transitional times. Ninh Binh experiences hot, muggy summers with a lot of rain in certain areas. Winter is dry and cold.
Autumn and spring are pleasant and cool seasons. Ninh Binh has an average temperature of 23.5 degrees Celsius and an average humidity of 80–85%.
>>> If you want to make the most of your time here, you can see Top Things To Do in Ninh Binh!
Overview of Ninh Binh weather and travel experience by month
Like other northern provinces of Vietnam, Ninh Binh experiences hot, muggy summers. Late June is often the hottest time of year, with nighttime lows around 27°C and maximum temperatures frequently over 30°C.
Still, Ninh Binh’s year-round pleasant weather makes it a great destination for foreign visitors. Below is the Ninh Binh monthly weather information that you can consider when planning a trip to this beautiful province:
>>> Explore Best Ninh Binh Day Trips from Hanoi to get Your An Amazing Trip
- There is not much rain in Ninh Binh in January. It’s still chilly, with an average temperature of 16 to 17 degrees, which is ideal for people who prefer tranquility and peacefulness. January is also the driest month of the year, so you can engage in a variety of sports and outdoor activities. However, as the weather is a little chilly, you should pay attention to stay warm. If you come to Ninh Binh in January you will have a chance to enjoy unique festivals
- Ninh Binh experiences a minimum temperature of 19°C on average in February. Similar to other winter months, you shouldn’t go swimming in Ninh Binh at this time because the cold water could freeze you. In addition, prepare some warm clothings to protect yourself because the temperature can drop significantly if you intend to climb up the top of the mountain.
>>> Whatever month, you can get the Customized Free Itinerary by local experts to experience the most of Ninh Binh!
- In March, the average temperature in Ninh Binh is 21°C. The weather is pleasant and comfortable, making it ideal for you to take part in the activities offered here. You will definitely have amazing experiences thanks to the cool climate, fresh air, and picturesque surroundings.
- Remember to bring a raincoat in case of some rainy days. You can also bring skirts and shorts as well, since the weather can get nice and warmer
- There is a possibility of rain throughout the month and the average minimum temperature is about 25°C. Similar to March, if you plan to visit Ninh Binh in April, you should bring some raincoats and shorts because this month will not have many sunny days.
- Ninh Binh experiences its lowest average temperature of 28°C in May. Although May is a rainy season month, there will be some sunny days as well. Walking, cycling, and other outdoor sports are suitable activities during this month.
- Ninh Binh is expected to see 156 hours of sunshine and an average minimum temperature of 30°C. When traveling to Ninh Binh in June, remember to pack a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen because the sun is much stronger than it has been in previous months.
>>> You may like to read: The most beautiful seasons that you should not miss to visit to Ninh Binh
- Ninh Binh experiences an average minimum temperature of 30°C in July. It can be extremely hot outside at times, so apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
- August in Ninh Binh has an average minimum temperature of 29°C. Falling during the rainy season, August is the wettest month of the year. Therefore, if you want to visit Ninh Binh in August, the greatest companion will be an umbrella or raincoat. The weather is still suitable for outdoor activities, though.
- September is still considered to be the rainy season, with temperatures in Ninh Binh dropping as low as 26°C. This month’s weather is a little bit cooler, making it ideal for visitors. However, storms often occur during this month. If you are planning a trip to Ninh Binh this September, check the weather carefully!
The average minimum temperature in Ninh Binh is 25°C. October sees a lot of rain, with an average of 130 mm. Although there will be some sunny days this month, October is not a good month to go camping because of the possibility of rain and thunderstorms.
- In November, the lowest average temperature can drop to 22°C with 162 hours of sunshine. This month is considered the most ideal time of the year for activities such as cycling, swimming, camping and walking.
- Ninh Binh has an average minimum temperature of 19°C in December. It is also a dry month with an average of 23 mm of rain and a little less sunshine.
- It is advised to wear clothings in layers. You could dress in skirts, t-shirts, and shorts during the day and, on chilly days and nights, wear jeans and a warm jacket to stay warm.
Seasonal weather in Ninh Binh: When is the best time to visit Ninh Binh?
Located in the Red River Delta, Ninh Binh is a province with a tropical monsoon climate. Ninh Binh experiences four fairly distinct seasons, as do most northern provinces: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
While late autumn and winter are drier and colder, spring and summer are hot and humid with lots of rain.
>>> GET YOUR OWN FREE ITINERARY IN NINH BINH
Hotline/What’s App: + 84 974 805 797
Weather in Ninh Binh in spring (from January to March)
January through March of the lunar calendar is typically when spring arrives in Ninh Binh. The weather is ideal for visiting temples and joining festivals because it is warm, not oppressively hot or cold. A layer of fog and a slight chill may accompany you in the early morning and late afternoon, making for a picturesque and romantic scene.
Many large-scale festivals, including those held at Thai Vi Temple, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, and Bai Dinh Pagoda, take place in the spring. The chilly spring weather is perfect for you to fully engage in the events at these festivals.
Advantages of traveling to Ninh Binh in spring:
- The climate is pleasant and cool, making it ideal for sightseeing and exploration.
- The weather is steady, with little rain and a temperature that is neither too hot like in summer nor too cold like in winter.
- Beautiful and verdant natural setting full of flowers and plants.
- Many vibrant and bustling cultural festivals during spring.
- There may be drizzle, slightly affecting the travel experience.
- Tourist destinations may be more crowded than in winter, causing congestion and delays.
- Service charges may be higher than those in winter.
Suitable activities in spring:
- Visit historical sites such as Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and Bai Dinh pagoda to learn about the culture and history of the region.
- Take a boat ride on Trang An River in the cool springtime.
- Explore caves or conquer the mountain’s peak for a panoramic view of Ninh Binh’s natural beauty.
- Participate in traditional festivals to experience local culture and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere.
>>> Find A Suitable Ninh Binh Tour to immerse yourselves in the beautiful landscapes of Ninh Binh Vietnam!
Ninh Binh in summer (from April to July)
April is the transition time between spring and summer, so the weather is still pleasant, neither cold nor too hot. However, Ninh Binh experiences extremely hot weather in June and July. Therefore, you should bring an umbrella or hat to protect yourself from the harsh sun if planning to travel at these time.
In the summer, Ninh Binh is not too crowded. The yellow color of the rice fields and the greenery of the forest blend together, helping you take many beautiful photos.
Trees and flowers also flourish in the summer. To witness the breathtaking scenery of Ninh Binh, you can visit a variety of tourist locations, including Hang Mua Cave, Tam Coc, Am Tien Cave, Cuc Phuong National Park and Van Long Nature Reserve
Advantages of traveling to Ninh Binh in summer:
- The best time for sightseeing and photography activities.
- The stunning natural scenery with golden rice fields, lotus ponds in bloom, and lush vegetation
- High temperatures and strong sun can cause sweating and discomfort, so you need to take some measurements to protect your skin.
- Sudden rain and excessively high temperatures can make visitors tired and prone to heat stroke when participating in outdoor activities.
Suitable activities in summer:
- Take a boat ride on Trang An River to admire the stunning scenery here.
- Visit Cuc Phuong National Park to explore nature and enjoy the lush space of the jungle.
- Try local specialties at local eateries and restaurants. You especially should not miss the stir-fried crab with lolot leaves, mountain snails, the grilled Van Long snakehead fish, goat meat, and scorched rice.
Ninh Binh weather: in Autumn(from August to October)
Autumn is the best time to travel to Ninh Binh because at that time, the weather is mild and the sunlight is no longer harsh. In particular, the sparkling golden rays of sunlight in the early morning enhance breathtaking beauty for this land.
Coming to Ninh Binh in the fall, visitors will be fascinated by the charming beauty of water lilies blooming on the lake. This beauty combined with white clouds and blue sky will help you take the most amazing photos.
Besides the picturesque scenery, exploring amazing caves is another activity you should try to admire the majestic beauty of Ninh Binh in autumn. For more natural experiences, you can also go to other attractions like the Sao Khe River and the Thung Nham bird garden.
Weather in Ninh Binh in winter (from November to December)
Ninh Binh experiences a dry, chilly winter with occasional lows of under 10 degrees. Nonetheless, the blooming reed fields that blanket the beautiful land in pure white during the winter months still captivate tourists.
If you want to experience the serenity and poetic beauty of Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex, Bai Dinh Pagoda, or Hoa Lu on chilly days, now is the perfect time to go.
In addition, Ninh Binh is well-known for a variety of seasonal delicacies served in the winter, such as eel vermicelli, scorched rice, and mountain goat meat.
The yellow hue of Ninh Binh in the ripe rice season
Rice fields in Ninh Binh turn yellow every year between mid-May and the end of June. When you come here in the early morning, you will be able to fully take in the beauty of the vast golden rice. It’s the picturesque scene that has made so many people fervently forget how to return.
If you are in Ninh Binh during the ripe rice season, you should definitely visit Tam Coc – Bich Dong. It is also referred to as “Ha Long Bay on land” and is a popular tourist destination that attracts both domestic and foreign visitors.
Let’s take a boat ride and the beautiful golden rice field can be seen easily alongside the Ngo Dong river.
- Tam Coc Boat Ride – Let’s Ride Your Trip to Ninh Binh Now
- Trang An Boat Ride – A Spectacular Boat Ride Must Do in Ninh Binh
Blooming lotus season in Ninh Binh
Lotus season is a poetic and delicate moment of nature. The intertwined pink and white lotus petals blooming in combination with the rice fields and majestic mountains create a stunning scenery, making people feel at peace and fully immersed in the natural beauty of this land.
In Ninh Binh, the lotus blooming season typically begins at the end of May and lasts until July. This is the time when the lotus ponds begin to bloom under the bright golden sunlight. Visitors are made to feel relaxing and at ease by the crisp air and soft lotus aroma that permeates the entire area.
If you want the best light and the weather isn’t too hot, it’s advised to visit in the early morning or late afternoon. The time between 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning is ideal for taking stunning pictures!
Visit the Hang Mua lotus pond in Ninh Binh to take in the breathtaking sight of the lotus blooms. You will be able to take in the harmonious and stunning natural surroundings of vibrant pink lotus fields with majestic Ngoa Long Mountain serving as the backdrop. If you are able to view the scene from above, the bridge in the pond that resembles a lotus blossoming atop the mountain will stand out as a highlight for this attraction.
Hopefully this article has provided you with useful information about Ninh Binh weather, the best time to travel to Ninh Binh, some tourist destinations, and regional specialties in order for you to have a memorable
>>> GET YOUR OWN FREE ITINERARY IN NINH BINH
Hotline/What’s App: + 84 974 805 797