Thung Nham Bird Garden Overview
Thung Nham Bird Garden is also a great attraction of Ninh Binh, so it would be great if you could share with us some experience when travelling to Thung Nham Bird Park in terms of: Travelling, Entrance Fee Ticket, going sightseeing and cuisine, weather, Tips befor you travel to Thung nham…
Table of Contents
Bird Garden in Ninh Binh
- Address: Hai Nham Hamlet, Ninh Hai communie, Tam Coc area, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province
- Contact number: 0912.900.887 – 030.2247.491 – 030.3624.097
It belongs to Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district and is surrounded by tropical forests over limestone mountain chains with a lot of valleys and caves.
Thung Nham has been extensively exploited for tourism purposes because of its diversified landscapes including accomodation , restaurants, recreation and teambuilding areas.
Entering the tourism area, you will see the boat ticket area. You can come to Nham Valley by two ways: going on a boat right from the beginning to Bird valley, rowers will take you through mountain cliffs and caves then But Cave.
Experience of Thung Nham Bird Park, Ninh Binh in 2019 is that if you do not prefer boat trip, you can travel to Thung Nham Bird Valley by road.
This is the most interesting place of Thung Nham bird garden, with a limestone cave system of 500 meters long, 30 meters high cave arch.
In the cave, there is no lighting system, so visitors will experience the feeling of the shining flashlight with stalactites, in the cave, there is a figure of Mr. Bo sitting next to the underground river to bring fullness and peace.
With the full experience of Thung Nham bird garden, you should visit the cave to admire the beauty of the Valley.
Tien Ca Cave
With many colorful stalactites and stalagmites, undergoing millions of years of tectonic processes and tales of Petrified Mermaid, a fascinating journey
Vai Gioi Cave
A special feature of Vai Gioi Cave in the cave lies high above, so the air is extremely cool, and fresh. The feeling of standing high above watching the immense scenery underneath is indeed worth it.
However, what any visitor to Vai Gioi Cave is attracted is that the historical story is also the reason why the cave is called Vai Gioi.
Legend has it that in the past, this was a place for people to perform sacrifices related to sacrifices such as setting the altar to pray for rain, praying for a good harvest,… So the name of the Role Born, Vai means praying and Gioi means God.
Ba Co Cave
Legend has it that in the past when King Dinh Tien Hoang was poisoned, all the Divine Medicine wholeheartedly cured but could not find any remedy that could be immediately notified to the entire hundred people, who could find the antidote to detox Saving the King will be rewarded.
At this time, in the capital of Hoa Lu, there were three sisters in their dream to see a cave in Thung Nham with precious water that can detoxify the King.
Immediately after waking up, the three girls went to the cave to get the King’s rescued water, but unfortunately, when it came to this cave, the three girls were caught by the tiger. To commemorate the three girls, the people here built a grave and named it Ba Co cave to honor.
Entrance Fee Ticket
- Ticket price: 100.000 VND per person
- Children below 0.8 meters are free of charge
- Child from 0.8 – 1.3 meters: 50% of price ticket value; children from 1.3 meters and more are considered as adults.
- Boat tour ticket: 20.000 VND per visitor
- But Cave (Buddha cave) ticket price: 20.000 VND per person
Nearby Attraction and Activities
- Tam Coc
- Trang An Landscape Complex
- Mua Cave Viewpoint
- Bich Dong Pagoda
- Thai Vi Temple
- Van Lam Embroidery Village
What is the best time to visit Thung Nham Valley?
Travelling to Thung Nham Bird Valley, Ninh Binh takes around 1 to 2 days to explore, which depends on your arrangement.
Our suggestion of two-day visit to Thung Nham valley will be the best choice for you to explore all of the views here.
- Birds in Thung Nham valley often get back to their nests from searching for food at around 5:30 pm, so this will be the most suitable time for you to visit this place.
- Nevertheless, there is one key note here which is that in the cold season, birds have the tendency to hunt for their food at sorroundings. This means that they will come back to their nets earlier; therefore, you should visit Nham valley in autumn.
- In the summer: When the sun clearly shows the horizon, everything is not covered by the fog, this is the time for you to clearly see the beauty of the seemingly endless rivers. or birds far away in the deep blue sky.
>>> Discover the amazing Bird Valley in Ninh Binh One Day Tours – Sale Off 20 %
How to get to Thung Nham Valley?
Travelling to Bird Valley Tam Coc from Hanoi, you can go by motorbike and coach, which is both very convenient. If you do not follow the tour, there will be the following options for you to consider. Passenger cars Hanoi – Ninh Binh, departing from Giap Bat Station to Ninh Binh bus station is located right in the city center.
- Read more: How to Travel from Hanoi to Ninh Binh by Bus
Below are some our recommendaitons for you to refer:
- By coach: You can take a coach from Hanoi to Ninh Binh following the highway. When you reach Ninh Binh city, you can also catch a motorbike or grab a taxi to Nham valley. Coach fare is around 70.000 to 90.000 VND. Going from Ninh Binh station to Thung Nham Bird Park costs around 50.000 VND.
- By motorbike: From Hanoi you follow 1A highway to the three-way crossroad, you turn left and look at the instruction sign. From here you keep going to Thung Nham tourism area.
- By Train: Buy a ticket from Hanoi station to Ninh Binh station, the train fare is relatively cheap. After about 2 hours, you will arrive at Ninh Binh station. From here you can take a taxi to the hotel, the road in Ninh Binh is extremely comfortable.
Tips, Recommendations: Travelling, Accomodaiton and Food
If you plan for Thung Nham visit of 2 days one night, you can consult one of the below places for staying:
- Thung Nham tourism area offers a lot of logdings and facilities for staying over night as well as cuisine. Staying overnight here will give you the chance to visit all of places, Bird Garden in particilar.
- For groups of travellers, there are also team buliding and fire – camping activities at night and
- Besides, you can also combine visiting Nham valley with visiting Tam Coc beauty spot, Thien Ha cave and Bich Dong pagoda.
- For the option not to stay overnight at Nham valley, kindly please check this article for finding the most suitable lodging: 9 Best Place to Stay in Ninh Binh
- For travellers who is visiting Thung Nham within a day, some interesting attractions are: But Cave, Vai Gioi Cave and Bird Garden. If you can not do sightseeing of Nham valley in the afternoon when birds get back to their nests after their hunt of food, you still can also visit this place at 3:00 pm although there are a fewer birds.
Suggested Itinerary to Thung Nham for One Day
>>> Read More Other Ninh Binh Itinerary from 1 To 4 Days to Explore <<<
In the morning: Exporing Nham Valley
Vai Gioi cave is located on the top of a mountain, 5000 square meters in width with 3 caves containing fanciful stalactite called as “ human life, hell and heaven”.
But cave is a natural one with 500 meters in width, in which there is But statue (Buddha statue) who appears like sitting next to the river
Middle of the day
Taking rest, having lunch and enjoy specialities of Ninh Binh. You can try some most famous dish of Ninh Binh such as: Mountain snails, Scorched Rice, Roasted crabs with lilies, Mountain goat at any restaurant around Thung Nham area
In the afternoon
Visiting Tien Ca cave and thousand – year streblus asper and banian tree, enjoying fruits and finishing the trip with Nham valley then back to Hanoi.
We hope that this article will give the most detailed and complete experience for Thung Nham Bird Valley in Ninh Binh Province. How are you planning to explore the area? If you have any questions or if you want further information and advice, please feel free to contact us, the Hanoi Explore Travel Team. We are always at your service!