You are wondering that is Tam Coc Ninh Binh worth it to visit on your first trip in Viet Nam? The answer is definitely yes! Should not any travelers overlook it – What to do in Tam Coc
Located in the northern of Viet Nam, about 100 km south of Hanoi this is really a majestic place created by hundreds of massive limestone cliffs emerging from the ground scattered across the rice fields, this region is appropriately nicknamed the “Halong Bay in land”.
Tam Coc in Harvest Rice Season
Where is the Tam Coc Village in Ninh Binh
Apart from a beautiful landscape in Ninh Binh, you will be impressed on a peaceful and laid-back life style life away from businesses in the cities. Through your own experience of exploring it, you have chance to know more about an Vietnamese authentic life.
Where is suited for your trip in Ninh Binh, it is Tam Coc village with stunning activities around it being your right choice.
How to get to Tam Coc
How to do your own trip without a tour in Tam Coc region? I have shared Travel Guideline in Tam Coc Ninh Binh before. You should read that article to know exactly How to get to Tam Coc.
Attractions and What To Do in Tam Coc
In Tam Coc there are many attractive places nearby each other such as: Tam Coc caves, Bich Dong pagoda, Mua cave, Thung Nham bird garden, Thung Nang,… Let’s see What to do near and around Tam Coc
Tam Coc Rice Fields
The rice paddies in Tam Coc are mesmerizing unlike any place in Viet Nam. Because they are all rounded with massive limestone mountains and lakes
One of the most memorable activities in Tam Coc village is taking a bike or motorbike for discover everything around : Village, local people, Thai Vi temple, Co Vien Lau ancient house, rice fields, hidden mountains
Tips before travelling
- As a matter of fact, you can visit Tam Coc at any time of a year but the only time to watch the best vivid green rice fields from the end of May to the beginning of June
- It is fascinating to go into tiny paths in the rice paddies or the dirt roads leading to villages and local houses. When you pass in front of houses, some children are excited to wave and say Hello to you. Don’t miss your chance to see how people live and work on the fields.
- If you prefer to ride a motorbike, you should drive slowly, try to focus on your way for safety even the roads are less crowded
- For bike rental in Tam Coc Ninh Binh: Normally you have to pay 100.000 VND (~ US 4) per day in Tam Coc. A bike will cost you a half of it from US $2, this way is more adventurous and cheaper.
Tam Coc Boat Ride
Tam Coc Boat Ride is one of top attractions in Ninh Binh, this can be the reason for many travelers choosing Ninh Binh in their trip to the northern of Viet Nam. Starting from the wharf, you will buy 2 tickets for cave sightseeing and a rowing boat with your rower.
It is a 2-hour journey on the Tam Coc river including visiting caves, temples and lakes. The male or female rowers are so professional in using their hands and legs to ride the boat through a long distance
Tam Coc Boat Ride Tips
- The boat rowers may make you feel strange when you are asked for giving tips. Anyway you should prepare a little money if you don’t mind. On the way of returning you even meet some people in shore will try to make you buy “food” for the rower.
- Watch your head when you go enter some grottos
- Ticket price : 150.000 VND for entrance fee, 120.000 VND for a rowing boat
Bich Dong Pagoda (Bích Động)
Bich Dong Pagoda itself is a set of 3 temples enclosed in anmountain. There temples are Chua Ha (Lower temple), Chua Trung (Middle temple) and Chua Thuong (Upper temple). Explore the highest temple you need to pass through a series of caves. Inside you can find several Buddhist images carved in stone and hollow stalactites on which you can play some tunes.
- It is far from Tam Coc river about 2 km
- min Spending 45 min to 1 hour for visiting Bich Dong pagoda
- Wearing your comfortable shoes to climb up to the top temple
- Entrance ticket : Free
Mua Cave (Hang Mua)
There are two things you need to know about Hang Mua
Firstly, Hang Mua is not really impressive destination because of its temple on the top of hill
Secondly, in reality if you put your effort to climb up to the Mua mountain through 500 steps then a panoramic 360° view of Tam Coc valley never make you disappointed! This is the only place for take a wonderful view of Tam Coc village.
Tips for climbing up to Hang Mua
- Entranceticket: 100.000 VND ( extra for parking if you have your motorbike or bike)
- It takes nearly 1 hour or more than 1 depending on your pace
- Away from Tam Coc 5 km, lying in the rice fields
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, bottles of water
- It is worthy of taking some photos while you are on the top of Hang Mua
If you are going to get a plan to travel to ninh binh by yourself. You mus read Best Experiences for travelling to Ninh Binh in 2018
Exploring Tam Coc village in 1 day is one of your options, but you will discover further Ninh Binh, Tam Coc if you have 2 days for the best itinerary. Being in village on a bike enriches your experience with real Vietnamese life.
Besides, if you need any further information about Ninh Binh or you would like to be offered a tour with favourable price but higher quality than other tourism agencies, don’t hesitate to contact Hanoi Explore Travel, we are very willing to answer your questions. You can send us an email or Leave Your Comment Here!
Have all theinformation been useful for you? Let’s experience the best moments in Tam Coc right now!