Table of Contents
Ha Long Bay, one of the natural wonders of the world. Coming to Ha Long Bay, besides sightseeing, swimming, hiking or exploring some famous caves, the most interesting activity that you should not miss is kayaking in Ha Long Bay. Sitting on a small kayak, paddling in blue water, wriggling into a cave or touching stalactites will definitely make your trip more fun and enjoyable.
You might want to read:
- What to do 1 Day in Halong Bay?
- 11 Steps to Plan Your Halong Bay Trip | The 2023 Guide
- How to Make a Perfect Halong Bay Day Trip from Hanoi?
- TOP BEST Halong Bay Travel Agency
Why do you have to try Kayaking ?
The calm waters of Ha Long Bay is absolutely ideal to go kayaking. Because it allows you to paddle smoothly through the caves and limestone created by nature.
Also, if you are curious about the locals in the bay, you can know how things take place in the floating villages on Ha Long Bay along the way.
What could be more exciting than sailing amid breathtaking views in the bay? Fortunately, you can see marine species like jellyfish under the blue waters of Ha Long Bay.
So, kayaking is a unique and interesting way to feel the grandeur of nature in Ha Long with thousands of year stalactites.
Best place to do Kayaking in Halong Bay – Price ?
In Ha Long Bay, there are many famous destinations that allow tourists to kayak. Here is a list of safe areas for you to go kayaking in Ha Long Bay:
More interesting activities in Halong Bay:
Vung Vieng Fishing Village – Kayaking to visit Vung Vieng fishing village is considered the most attractive activity, visitors will see the white limestone islands, watch the beautiful coral reefs, explore the fishing village, feel the cool breeze of the sea.
- Kayaking price: 50.000 VND/person/hour
- Reference: Van Chai Ha Long Tourist Service Cooperative
- Address: No. 269, Group 5, Zone 5, Bai Chay Ward, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province
Luon Cave has a short tunnel that opens up to a beautiful closed cave with emerald-colored water reflecting the colors of the tree-covered mountain walls. Kayaking at Luon Cave offers a very quiet and gentle atmosphere, it can not ignore.
>>> Do you know kayaking is included in Ha Long Bay Day Tour ? No extra cost!
Cap La Island & Fishing Village
Another great option for kayaking is Cap La Island. This area is located near Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay, it has a small fishing village of Cap La along with the beautiful landscape of the island like Ha Long Bay.
Ba Hang Fishing Village
- Kayaking price: 40.000 VND/ person
- Reference: Van Chai Cooperative
- Hotline: 0989 883 110
- Address: No. 225, Group 7, Zone 2, Hung Thang Ward, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province
Cat Bat Island
The kayaking activity in Cat Ba never gets you down. By kayaking, you can explore almost all nooks and crannies of the island on your own, making for a memorable adventure of your trip.
Cua Van Fishing Village
Cua Van has become a tourist attraction place and has been present in the itinerary of most tourist units.
- Kayaking price: 100.000 VND/ hour
- Reference: Hai Phong Ha Long Joint Stock Company
- Hotline: 0978 781 423
- Address: No. 3, lane 65, Nguyen Van Cu Street, Hong Ha Ward, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province
>>> Explore Best Halong Bay Cruise for 2Days/3Days
See More Luxury Cruises for free kayaking:
- La Regina Royal Cruise
- Scarlet Pearl Cruise
- Stellar of the Seas
- Paradise Luxury Cruise
- Orchid Cruise
- Oasis Bay Cruise
- Valentine Cruise
- Signature Cruise
- Swan Cruise
- Mon Cheri Cruise
- Le Theatre Cruise
Best time for kayaking in Ha Long Bay
Honestly, you can go kayaking in Ha Long Bay at any time of the year because each different period has its own interesting features. However, there are two ideal times for kayaking in Ha Long Bay.
About the weather, the best time to enjoy outdoor activities like kayaking is from March to June. From this moment, there is not much heavy rain. In addition, Ha Long Bay’s weather in summer is not too hot to stay outdoors for long. However, please remember to use sunscreen first.
Besides, the October-December period is also an option to consider, especially if you can’t plan your trip in the summer. The weather is colder than summer, averaging about 10 degrees. But this doesn’t seem to mind as kayaking takes a lot of effort and your body will definitely heat up after a few minutes.
Useful Tips for Kayaking in Ha long Bay
- Follow these safety tips and prepare well for your kayaking trip:
- Before kayaking, warm your body with a bit of advance exercise
- Listen to the tour guide carefully and memorize the route details, times, and rules details.
- Wear a life jacket.
- Take note of weather, tides and currents and winds.
- Never kayak while you’re drunk. It is dangerous and not worth the risk.
- Make sure you hold the paddle with your arms shoulder-width apart, with the concave side facing back.
What should you bring?
- A life jacket.
- Water bottle.
- Sunscreen in a high coefficient.
- Anti-bugs spray.
- Swimsuit (during summer months, March to August)
- Sport shoes
The perfect itinerary includes kayaking
- Kayaking is great funny. And even more fun if you combine the game with other things to do in Ha Long Bay and rest. Here’s our recommended itinerary that includes kayaking to keep you energetic throughout the day.
- Start your day with Taichi on a yacht. This has been shown to be very good for your health.
- After having breakfast on the cruise, you can head to one of the famous caves in the bay to see how nature created the beautiful curves of a thousand years ago.
- Return to the yacht after the adventure, it was time for lunch.
- After lunch, you can take a nap to go kayaking in the afternoon.
- If you don’t want to take a break, cooking class is another good option. Have you heard of Vietnamese spring roll? After learning how to make spring roll, you can enjoy it right away. It is a great experience for anyone who wants to learn more about Vietnamese cuisine.
- In the afternoon, you will move to the kayaking site. when you start kayaking, your guide will give you information about place and time to get back to the starting point. Make sure to note down all of the details covered by the instructions.
- The dinner on the cruise after a long day is the perfect end.
If you want to be more vibrant, you can go squid fishing in Ha Long Bay at night with the local people to get fresh squid right from the heart of the bay. It would be great if you could get fresh homemade squid.
If you have any question, feel free to ask us. Hanoi Explore Travel Team is always here to help!