If you don’t have time to visit Lan Ha Bay for several days, a day excursion is an excellent option. It can be quite simple to select a day tour on a cruise because it is preferred by many travelers.
Take a look at the post below for additional information on activities to do and sites to visit Lan Ha Bay Day Tour
Where is Lan Ha Bay?
- Lan Ha Bay, covering an area of 7000 hectares, is located on Cat Hai island district, Hai Phong province, between the eastern part of Cat Ba Island and the southern part of Halong Bay. Lan Ha Bay is thus a wide water region encircling Cat Ba Island and adjacent to the UNESCO World Natural Heritage site of Halong Bay.
- There are roughly 400 islands and islets, all of which are covered with an abundance of green vegetation, giving the bay a lush and distinct aspect. In addition, about 139 large and small sandy beautiful beaches are scattered over the islands, providing more chances for travelers to visit and experience.
>>> You may like to read: A Detailed Guide To Lan Ha Bay
When is the best time to visit Lan Ha Bay?
- If you’re going on a day tour cruise on Lan Ha Bay, you don’t need to be too concerned about the weather.
- Summer (from April to July) is a great time to explore Lan Ha Bay. Many people find Lan Ha Bay to be a fantastic new stop to stay away from the searing sun during this time of year. You may immerse yourself in the clear emerald sea with coconut trees growing across the white sandy beaches.
- From August to October: Storms and tropical depressions are common, making it difficult to explore Lan Ha Bay. As a result, if you plan to travel at that time, make sure to thoroughly check the weather forecast.
- You may also visit Lan Ha Bay in the winter for a different experience. If you don’t mind swimming in winter, you can immerse yourself in the emerald sea water or go kayaking across multiple islets.
Should I get to Lan Ha Bay from Halong or Hai Phong?
From Cai Beo Wharf (Cat Ba island): Buy a ticket and board the boat to visit Lan Ha Bay. You can also hire a canoe for 650.000VND/canoe to experience a Lan Ha Bay tour at a faster pace than the traditional boats.
- Suitable for those staying on Cat Ba Island or traveling from Hanoi or Hai Phong to Cat Ba.
- Various tour choices at a reasonable cost
- Combinable with a one-day or two-day stay on Cat Ba Island.
From Tuan Chau International Cruise Port (Halong), overnight cruises and day tours to Lan Ha Bay are available, primarily for high-end tours and cruise tours.
- Appropriate for those traveling from Halong or getting from Hanoi to Halong
- High-end tours and overnight cruise tours are offered
- Appropriate for those wanting to return to Hanoi on the same day or combine with a Halong trip.
From Got Pier, you can take an overnight cruise excursion to explore Lan Ha Bay according to the cruise itinerary. There are no day tours to Lan Ha Bay from Got Pier.
>>> Haven’t decided yet? GET FREE CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY <<<
Sightseeing routes in Lan Ha Bay
There are several sightseeing routes to Lan Ha Bay, departing from Ben Beo Wharf, Got Pier and Cat Ba Port
- Route 1: Ben Beo Wharf – Cai Beo fishing village – Monkey Island – Ben Beo Wharf
- Route 2: Ben Beo Harbour – Cai Beo floating village – Monkey Island – Turtle Islet – Viet Hai village – Quai To – ThreePeaches Beach – Bright Cave – Dark Cave – Ben Beo Wharf
- Route 3: Got Pier – Gia Luan – Tra Bau Fishing Village – Ang Ong Cam – Dark Cave – Bright Cave – Gia Luan – Got Pier
- Route 4: Cat Ba Port – Cat Ong Island – Thien Ung Pagoda – Port from Cat Ba Town
Ticket Price: 80,000VND/adult & 40,000VND/child
Activities & tourist attractions in a Lan Ha Bay Day Trip
Lan Ha Bay is an amazing destination that promises to provide you with a variety of fascinating experiences. Join us, Hanoi Explore Travel, to learn about some fun activities you may try here
Fun activities in Lan Ha Bay Tour
Swimming on Three Peaches Beach
- Three Peaches Island is a tourist attraction that consists of three islets clustered together that resemble three fairy peaches on Halong Bay.
- This place features a beautiful beach with shallow and transparent water that allows you to see the bottom and unusual shaped cliffs. In the summer, the white sand beaches, blue sea, and unique limestone islands entice visitors to fall in love with.
Visiting Bright Cave by bamboo boat
- The fishermen will take you on a bamboo boat slowly through the arch of the Bright cave to see a magnificent geological space and an area like a large, pure blue lake surrounded by limestone mountains.
- The experience of riding a bamboo boat into Bright Cave and listening to the sounds of glorious nature will undoubtedly leave you with everlasting memories.
- Lan Ha Bay is surrounded by many rocky islands, which creates a calm water area excellent for kayaking, an enjoyable fun activity. On the bay, there are many beautiful spots such as the Frog Pond area, Tra Bau, Bright Cave,… where you can comfortably take a kayak to get close to the rocky islands and enjoy the immense space of the sea.
Visiting a fishing village
- Cai Beo fishing village is one of Vietnam’s long-standing fishing villages. This village is situated between old limestone valleys and stretches from north to south. There are just about 300 households that subsist primarily on fishing and aquaculture.
Watching the sunset
- Visitors to Lan Ha Bay during the summer months will have the opportunity to take in the sunset, when the sun’s vivid red rays gradually fall over the sea, creating an extraordinarily beautiful and romantic scene.
- On hot summer days, visitors can sunbathe on Van Boi beach or relax on the beach and watch the sunset. Furthermore, if you want to see the sunset much closer and clearly, you can choose to watch it from a yacht, which would be an exceptionally amazing experience for you.
- In addition to being a terrific method to exercise, rock climbing allows you to tackle rocky cliffs, try thrills, and face challenges.
- The craggy, steep cliffs with low rocks are easy to climb and suitable for beginners. After scaling the cliffs, you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of nature, featuring many small islands rising from the blue water of Lan Ha Bay and a distant image of boats drifting on the water.
- Dau Be and Ba Trai Dao (Three Peaches) islands are popular tourist sites for mountain climbing and seeing natural beauty.
Scuba diving/ snorkeling to see coral reefs
- Aside from swimming, visitors can participate in another engaging activity in Lan Ha Bay: snorkeling or diving to see coral reefs. The sight of coral reefs at the bottom, which come in a variety of shapes and colors, surely fascinates tourists.
- Tourists frequently visit Monkey Island to take part in this activity.
>>> Haven’t decided yet? GET FREE CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY <<<
Tourist Attractions in Lan Ha Bay that you should not miss
Cua Van fishing village
- Visitors to Cua Van fishing village will be immersed in a tranquil, pleasant place with charming natural scenery. Furthermore, the opportunities to experience and explore the livelihood of fishermen here will delight you.
- Luon Cave is a tourist attraction with amazing and tranquil natural scenery. As it is located on Bo Hon island, it takes you only 20 minutes (about 14 kilometers far from) to move from Tuan Chau Island or Bai Chay.
- Unlike other dry caves that you can visit by walking, you must use a boat to access Luon Cave because this is a wet cave and opens to the sea.
Nam Cat Island
- Nam Cat Island is a small island in Lan Ha Bay. With a long, beautiful beach surrounded by magnificent mountains, Nam Cat island is compared as a natural masterpiece that captures the hearts of many visitors.
- Monkey Island is about a kilometer away from Cat Ba town. From Beo Beo wharf via Cai Beo fishing village, it takes roughly 10 minutes to get there. The island is called Monkey Island because it is home to approximately 20 monkeys.
- Monkey island is a small island with a perimeter of around 3 kilometers and two lovely arc-shaped Cat Dua beaches, which are Cat Dua 1 and Cat Dua 2. When visiting the island, you can also climb to the top of the mountain to take check-in photos of the Cat Ba archipelago and Lan Ha Bay.
- Monkey Island also provides some services such as renting life jackets, kayaks, and serving drinks to guests.
Cai Beo Fishing Village
- Cai Beo fishing village is a one-of-a-kind tourist attraction in Lan Ha Bay. It is home to thousands of years of fishermen and one of Vietnam’s largest floating fishing villages.
- From the boat, you’ll be able to observe hundreds of crowded floating houses, bustling living, and big fish farming rafts, all of which have contributed to Lan Ha Bay’s unique charm. Though you will not visit any houseboat, you will be able to sit on the boat through the fishing village and learn about the people’s distinctive culture.
Van Boi beach
- The unspoiled natural beauty, beautiful white sand, crystal blue sea, and charming mountain scenery make Van Boi – Cat Ba beach the most appealing. Visitors will undoubtedly be captivated to “forget the way back.”
Bright Cave – Dark Cave
- Dark and Bright Cave is a must-see destination that many tourists want to visit on Lan Ha Bay. To explore the cave, visitors often have to take a bamboo boat or kayak as it is a wet cave 70m long through the mountain.
Three Peaches Island
- As an unspoiled island, Three Peaches Island offers picturesque natural scenery.
- The island with close mountains, fine white sand and clear blue sea will provide you with a truly wonderful vacation experience with family and friends.
A Day Tour in Lan Ha Bay Suggestion
There are many itinerary options for a Day Tour in Lan Ha Bay that allow tourists to visit a variety of famous attractions.
Main tourist attractions in a Lan Ha Bay Tour:
- Cai Beo fishing village
- Viet Hai fishing village
- Nen Islet (Candle Islet), Rua Islet (Turtle Islet), But Day Islet,…
- Bright and Dark Cave
- Typical aquaculture rafts on Lan Ha Bay
- Three Peaches Beach, Van Boi Beach
>>> Let’s visit our website for different types of cruises available for every budget, from backpackers to luxury. Check out for the best deals on Halong Bay’s full-day cruise.
Suggested Itinerary for a Lan Ha Bay Day Tour
Lan Ha Day Tour starts from Tuan Chau Harbor
- 07:45 – 8:30: Pick up at Hanoi
Tour guide will pick you up at a hotel in Hanoi’s Old Quarter between 7:45 and 8:30 a.m. Though we always attempt to pick you up as soon as possible, this pick-up time is only an estimate, given the morning traffic in the Old Quarter and the requirement to move between hotels to collect up guests. Therefore, you should be at the hotel lobby before the appointment time to save time.
- 10:00 – 10:15. Stop on the way
You can take a break, have a snack at the rest stop in case you haven’t had breakfast (our driver needs a cup of coffee too), use the restroom before getting back on the bus and continuing your journey.
- 11:30 – 11:45. Welcome visitors on board
Our staff will be ready to take you on board once you arrive at Tuan Chau Harbor. Then, you will be served a welcome drink and provided some necessary instructions before visiting the bay.
- 12:00 – 13:00. Have lunch on board
Delicious delicious dishes prepared by our excellent chef will be served to you along with cocktails, fine wines and beers. There is also a bar where you can order a variety of beverages.
* Water is served during the excursion, other drinks (not mentioned in the itinerary) will be paid by your own.
- 14:00 – 15:00. Take a kayak or bamboo boat to visit Bright and Dark Cave
You will have one hour to visit the Bright-Dark cave by kayaking or taking a bamboo boat rowed by locals, through a small cave, and explore the separate lagoon, surrounded by limestone mountains. With all of us, it’s a quiet little corner of Ha Long Bay. Before kayaking back to the cruise boat, the guide will tell you about the folklore stories of Ha Long Bay.
- 15:15 – 15:45. Swim at Ao Ech area
You can opt to swim, have fun with the floats and slides, or just stay on the boat and take in the stunning scenery of Lan Ha Bay. You will have one hour to enjoy the breathtaking views of the shoreline and admire the breathtaking grandeur of the world’s natural wonder.
- 16:00. Join a cooking class
Learn how to create one of Vietnam’s most well-known traditional dishes, from the fresh ingredients to the manner of preparation. After completing this fulfilling and enjoyable course, you’ll be able to make Vietnamese summer rolls in your own kitchen, and you can then brag to all your friends and family back home about your newfound skill!
- 16:30. Take part in the sunset tea party
You can participate in a small party with complimentary tea, fruit, and pastries as you watch the sun fall down gradually. This will probably be one of the experiences that impresses you the most when the entire sky was awash in stunning colors. On the 1-day tour, these great moments are when the cruise ship returns to Tuan Chau Harbor.
- 17:45 – 18:00. Return to the harbor, end the cruise and get on the bus back to Hanoi
After disembarking at Tuan Chau harbor, you get on the bus, and travel via highway back to Hanoi. On the way back to Hanoi, there will be a break at the rest stop.
- 20:00 – 20:30. Arrive in Hanoi
You will be driven back to your accommodation in Hanoi’s Old Quarter or the Opera House. End the tour.
Day Tour starts from Ben Beo Wharf (Cat Ba Island)
- 8:00 – 8:30. You will be picked up by car and the tour guide from the meeting points in Cat Ba Town Center and taken to Ben Beo wharf. Here, you will be guided with some necessary procedures before receiving tickets to board the boat.
- 8:40. The first stop on the itinerary is Cai Beo floating fishing village, which is home to an old fishing community and a typical cultural heritage. By visiting the fishing village, visitors can experience firsthand the life of living on the river, which has been passed down from father to son for thousands of years.
- 9:15. Pass through the center of Lan Ha Bay, one of the world’s most beautiful bays.
- 10:00. The cruise takes you to Bright – Dark cave, which is adjacent to Halong Bay. Here, with the instruction of the tour guide and Hong Van Cruise’s Crew, visitors can experience kayaking through natural caves formed millions of years ago.
- 11:00 – 11:30. Cruise moves to Three Peaches area, one of the must-see destinations in a Lan Ha Bay Itinerary. The Three Peaches area is also well-known for unspoilt little sandy beaches including Cat Mieu, Gio Cung. Coming to this area, you will be given the chance to immerse yourself in the clear blue sea and engage in interesting activities such as swimming, diving/ snorkeling to observe coral reefs and jumping off the cruise boat into the water.
- 12:00 – 13:00. Have lunch, relax and take a rest on board
- 13:30. Continue the itinerary with a visit to Viet Hai Village. After taking the tram through the forest, Hong Van Cruise provides a special gift for visitors at the end of the town, where many professional Spa Cá staff are waiting to help visitors dispel exhaustion after a period of travel time on Lan Ha Bay.
- 14:00. The visit to Viet Hai village ends. Visitors return to the boat on the tram. You’ll have afternoon tea and some fruit on the way back to Ben Beo Wharf.
15:30. The car of Hong Van Cruise will take you back to your hotel in the center. End the tour.
>>> Haven’t decided yet? GET FREE CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY <<<
What is included in the 1-day Lan Ha Bay Tour?
- A lunch with seafood dishes (menu set or buffet set depending on each tour)
- Shuttle bus between the town center and Ben Beo Wharf (for tours departing from Cat Ba)
- Sightseeing boat (in 4 hours or 8 hours) depending on the itinerary you choose
- Sightseeing ticket to Lan Ha Bay and entrance fees for tourist attractions in the itinerary
- A tour guideDrinks and other personal expenses that you may incur are not included in the tour price.
How long does a day trip to Lan Ha Bay last?
Half-day tour (2.5 hours on the bay)
- A Lan Ha Bay half-day tour can take place in the morning or afternoon, in which afternoon tour or sunset tour is a 3-hour tour itinerary.
- This tour departs from Ben Beo wharf at 15:40, passes through Cai Beo fishing village and stops at Heritage raft house.
- Then, travel to the center of Lan Ha Bay to visit Turtle Islet, the most beautiful area of Lan Ha Bay.
- 16:30. Experience kayaking, swimming and enjoying the beautiful natural scenery of Lan Ha Bay.
- On the way back to Ben Beo wharf, you can take in the sunset on the sea before arriving there at 18:30.
A Lan Ha Bay Day Tour (8 hours on the bay)
- The tour departs at 09:30 from Tuan Chau International Cruise Marina or at 08:00 from Cai Beo Wharf. On the 8-hour tour, you will have plenty of time to experience kayaking, swimming on the beautiful beach in Three Peaches island or visiting Monkey Island…
- The tour includes lunch from a set menu or buffet depending on the tour itinerary you choose. The tour ends with a small Sunset Party, which is sure to bring you an unforgettable moment of relaxation.
>>> Contact us to get the best deal <<<
Hotline/What’s app: + 84 974 805 797
Review of tour itineraries & prices
A Lan Ha Bay Day Tour with 7 hours on the bay – Jade Sails Cruise
- You will have many exciting experiences on the Jade Sails luxury cruise. The cruise with contemporary design offers a variety of amenities, a restaurant and quite spacious deck and rest area. For families and groups of friends, this day trip is a good option.
- A 7,5-hour unique itinerary with many experiences in Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay
- Have a European-style sumptuous lunch on cruise
- Take part in many activities such as swimming, kayaking, taking a bamboo boat in Lan Ha Bay
- A small afternoon party with fresh fruits
- Professional and dedicated tour guide
Time of departure
- From Hanoi: 7:00 a.m
- From Tuan Chau: 9.30 a.m
>>> Get The Best Deal <<<
A Lan Ha Bay Day Tour with 8 hours on the bay – Catamaran Cruise
- You can experience first-rate service and opulent amenities while on a day trip on a 5-star catamaran cruise. The tour is appropriate for travelers from Hanoi. With the tour departing from Tuan Chau International Cruise Marina, you will have to pay a higher price than other traditional tours.
- Beautiful and luxurious Catamaran cruise
- 8-hour separate cruise on Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay
- Opulent restaurant and bar with delectable cuisine
- Thrilling games all during the voyage with the most unique water slide in the middle of Lan Ha Bay, and a high-speed water motor.
- Enjoy time to relax and swim at the most beautiful natural beach in Lan Ha Bay.
Time of departure
- From Hanoi: 07:00 a.m
- From Tuan Chau: 09:30 a.m
>>> Get The Best Deal <<<
A Lan Ha Bay Day Tour with 8 hours on the bay – Serenity Premium Cruise
- This Lan Ha Bay Day Tour with many intriguing activities is appropriate for visitors departing from Cat Ba Town (Hai Phong province). This tour is also available for those coming from Hanoi, however, it departs early in the morning, between 6:30 and 7:00. The tour departing from Cat Ba will offer superior service at a higher cost.
- A 1-day package tour departing from Cat Ba Island (surcharge if picking up from Hanoi or Hai Phong)
- A 8-hour itinerary to fully take in the beauty of Lan Ha Bay
- Serenity Boutique Cruise and Serenity Premium Cruise
- Exploration on Cai Beo fishing village, the oldest fishing village in the Gulf of Tonkin
- Intriguing activities such as kayaking and swimming on the Three Peaches beach
- A visit to explore Monkey Island and take many take-in photos
Time of departure
- Departing from Hanoi: 4:45 a.m
- Starting from Hai Phong: 06:00 a.m at No.16, Binh Port, Hai Phong
- Departing from Cat Ba Town: 07:15 a.m
Hopefully, after reading this post, you have enough knowledge to select a Lan Ha Bay Day tour that meets your needs. You can also contact the Hanoi Explore Travel Team right away if you need additional details or to reserve a tour!