Option 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Halong Bay – 6 Days Trip
This tour is intended for travelers who want to discover the true beauty and hidden charms of Northern Vietnam. By taking part in this tour, you will have the chance to discover the many splendors of Vietnam, including the ancient streets of Hanoi capital, the lovely mountainous area of Sapa, and the beautiful Halong Bay, which is home to friendly people, breathtaking limestone mountains, and picturesque villages.
- Explore Hanoi Old Quarter to learn more about Vietnamese culture and ways of life
- Take a food tour in Hanoi Old Quarter to sample renowned and distinctive dishes
- Hike through the villages in Sapa to learn about the daily lives of the ethnic minorities and to take in the fresh air and tranquil surroundings.
- Explore Sapa town and stop by the local market for vibrant handicrafts
- Enjoy a romantic evening on cruise and take part in water sports in the stunning Halong Bay.
Hotel: 3-star, 4-star, 5-star
Cruise: 3-star, 4-star, 5-star
A Quick look at the Itinerary – Hanoi – Sapa – Halong Bay
- Day 1: Hanoi Arrivel (No Meal)
- Day 2: : Hanoi – Sapa – Lao Chai and Ta Van Village (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 3: Sapa – Cat Cat village – Hanoi (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Day 4: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay overnight on Cruise (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 5: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Day 6: Hanoi Free Time – Transfer to Noi Bai International Airport (B)
GET MORE DETAIL FOR OPTION 1
Option 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Ninh Binh – Hanoi (6 days 5 nights)
A Quick look at the Itinerary Hanoi – Halong Bay – Ninh Binh – Hanoi (6 days 5 nights)
- Day 01: Hanoi arrival (Meals: None)
- Day 02: Hanoi City Tour (Meals Breakfast, Lunch)
- Day 03: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on Cruise (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 04: Halong Bay – Hanoi (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch)
- Day 05: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hanoi (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch)
- Day 06: Hanoi departure (Meals: Breakfast)
GET MORE DETAIL FOR OPTION 2
Detailed Option 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Halong Bay
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival – Hanoi Street Food Walking Tour
Includes: Transfer, lunch, tour guide, entrance fee, hotel in Hanoi
- A driver will pick you up at the Noi Bai airport and transport you into the heart of the city. After a 40-minute drive, reach your hotel, check in and take some rest.
- Join a street food tour with professional local guides at 6pm, the most suitable time for supper with exceptional dishes. You will be picked up at the hotel by the tour guide to begin the 3.5–4.5 hour street food tour around the Hanoi Old Quarter on foot. This activity will undoubtedly bring you a lot of fun. After the tour is done, return to your hotel to rest up for your next excursion the following morning.
NOTE: Depending on your arrival time, we may schedule additional tours, such as a Hanoi City Tour, to give you a great glimpse of the capital, a place rich in cultural and historical significance as well as the opportunity to observe the quick transformation of a very traditional society.
>>> Book Separate Hanoi City Tour <<<
Day 2: Limousine from Hanoi – Sapa – Take a short Trek to Cat Cat Village (Meal: B, L, D)
- 6:30 – 7:00: Your tour guide picks you up at your hotel and drives you to Lao Cai city through the Noi Bai New Highway, which takes around 5 hours.
- 12:30: Arrive in Sapa town and have lunch at a local restaurant.
- 13h40: Take a short trek to Cat Cat village, which is home to Black H’mong community and is located in a valley close to the foot of Fansipan. Visitors can walk to the waterfall where the French built a hydroelectric power plant, stopping along the way to take pictures of the bridge and waterfall, and listen to the local guide to learn about the daily life of the residents. In the late afternoon, go uphill to the car and return to Sapa.
- The trek is approximately 3.5 km and takes two hours.
- 17:00: Return to Sapa town, have dinner, and spend the night at the hotel in Sapa.
- Enjoy dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.
- Spend the night in Sapa.
Day 3: Sapa Trekking – Limousine back to Hanoi ( Meal: B, L)
- 7.00 – 7.45: Have breakfast at your hotel and prepare snacks for walking
- 7:45: Trek from Sapa town to Y Linh Ho village, passing by rice terraces and along Muong Hoa stream to Lao Chai Black Hmong village to take in the breathtaking scenery of Hoang Lien Son Mountain.
- 11.00: Have a picnic lunch at Lao Chai Village
- 12:00: Visit Ta Van village, the home of the Dzay ethnic group.
- 13h30: A car picks you up at Ta Van Bridge and then drives you to Sapa.
- The trek is about 12 km long and takes you 4.5 hours.
- 14h00: You can take a shower at the hotel.
- 15h00: A limousine bus will pick you up from your hotel and take you back to Hanoi.
- Spend the night in Hanoi
Day 4: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay overnight on Cruise (B, L, D)
- 7:45 – 8:30: The tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the old quarter, and after 2.5 hours, you will arrive at Tuan Chau international marina.
- 12:30: At Tuan Chau Marina in Ha Long City, board Dragon Gold Cruise. Visitors will be greeted by crew members, given a welcome drink, and provided a cruise briefing before checking in.
- 13:00: Enjoy lunch on board while the cruise sails to the center of Halong Bay.
- 15:00: Explore Sung Sot Cave (Surprise Cave), the largest cave in Halong Bay and famous for its amazing stalactites and stalagmites.
- 16:00: Swim at Titop Island or take a hike to the summit for panoramic views of Halong Bay.
- 18:00: Enjoy local wine and fruit while watching the sunset
- 18:30: Enroll in a cooking lesson to learn how to make spring rolls.
- 17:00: Enjoy dinner on board before being free to unwind with extra activities: Karaoke, squid fishing, sunbathing… Spend the night on a cruise at Halong Bay.
Day 5: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (B, L)
- 06:30: For those who like to get up early, take part in Tai Chi exercise on the sundeck. A Tai Chi lesson will boost your energy for the day, calm your mind, and regulate your body.
- 07:00: Enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee served for a light breakfast on board
- 07:45: Join a kayak tour
- 09:00: Visit a pearl farm to learn about the pearl-cultivation process.
- 09:30: Check out.
- 10:30: Enjoy your late breakfast as the cruise heads back to the marina.
- 12:00: Leave Halong Bay and return to Hanoi
- 17:00: Your tour guide transports you back to the hotel. Spend the night at a hotel in Hanoi.
>>> FIND A BEST HALONG BAY LUXURY CRUISE <<<
Day 6: Hanoi Departure or Hanoi City Tour 1/2 Days
Option 1: Have breakfast at your hotel and have freetime for your leisure.
Check-out hotel then our car will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the airport
Option 2: If time permit, follow this option
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday – (Ha Noi City Tour – Ethnology Museum) Considered charming colonial city, tourists would find Hanoi very typical feature of oriental city alive with its tree-lined boulevards and lakes and its blend of French, Chinese and Vietnamese architecture. Hanoi is the jewel of Asia. A cyclo trip will bring you to charming “36 streets and 36 wares” of the fascinating Old Quarter.
- 07:45 – 8:30 Meet your tour guide . – Start the trip with Tran Quoc pagoda, a Buddhist relic and national heritage lying on the West Lake. – Visit Ho Chi Minh’s complex, the final resting place of Viet Nam’s greatest father; his house-on-stil and One pillar pagoda – modeled after a lotus flower, a symbol of Hanoi. – Arrive Ethnology museum to learn about cultures of 54 ethnic groups living in Vietnam.
- 13:00 Have a rest and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant in Hanoi Old Quarter. Transfer to the airport for departure flight
Detailed Option 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Ninh Binh – Hanoi (6 days 5 nights)
Day 01: Hanoi Arrival (Meals: None)
Upon arrival at Noi Bai International airport, Our representative will welcome you and transfer to hotel for check –in.
Day 02: Hanoi City Tour (Meal: B, L)
- 08AM. Ho Chi Minh Complex
- The bus and tour guide will pick you up from hotel in old quarter about 8 AM, driving to visit Ho Chi Minh Complex. (Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, the presidential palace, house on stilts the final resting place of Uncle Ho, where He lived and worked from 1954 – 1969).
- 10AM. Hoa Lo Prison
- After finish to visit Ho Chi Minh Complex the bus will take you come to see Hoa Lo Prison, It were built in 1899. The French kept mainly political prisoners here along with those awaiting sentencing at the nearby Court of Justice, also where American pilots who had been shot down and captured were kept as prisoners of war. The pilots called it, sarcastically, the “Hanoi Hilton”. John McCain was held here at various times during his five and a half years as a POW.
- 11AM. The Temple of Literature – The first university of Vietnam
- Being an ancient school of Thang Long and the first university in Vietnam, Temple of Literature is acknowledged as an ancient historical-cultural heritage which gives tourists deeper understanding about Hanoi’s years of culture and tradition.
- 12.15 PM: Have lunch at local restaurant
- 1:30 PM. Vietnamese’s Women Museum
- After all you have a chance to see the role of Vietnamese women in the war and daily life in this special museum, this is a gender museum with functions of research, preservation, and display of tangible and intangible historical and cultural heritages of Vietnamese women and Vietnam Women’s Union.
- Finish the trip around 04.30pm. Back to your hotel for relaxing
- Overnight at hotel
Day 03: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on Cruise (Meal: B, L, D)
- For day 3 and day 4 this itinerary, please refer to Day 4 + 5 on Option 1 mentioned above.
Day 04: Halong Bay – Hanoi (Meal: B, L)
- Please refer to Day 4 + 5 on Option 1 mentioned above.
Day 05: Hanoi – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Mua Cave (Meal: B, L)
- Depart from your hotel at 8:00 in the morning and take a 2.5-hour drive through the Northern Vietnamese countryside to Hoa Lu, Vietnam’s first ancient capital. Visit the temples of King Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80) and King Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009).
- After finishing the visit to these historical sites, visitors head to Tam Coc Town for a Vietnamese lunch. You can make stops along the way to capture pictures of the countryside and stunning scenery here.
- After lunch, take a small boat for the tour in Tam Coc. As the boat glides gently across the water, you can admire massive limestone mountains that rise out of the lush rice paddies, which gives Tam Coc its nickname of “Halong Bay on land”. After the intriguing, almost two-hour long river trip, you will continue to board the car to move to Mua Cave.
- Mua Cave, also known as “The Great Wall of China in miniature”, is more than just a simple cave. It is a tourist complex with many lovely landscapes, resorts, and entertainment. Coming here, visitors might feel delighted after successfully conquering roughly 500 stone steps, standing atop Mua cave mountain, and taking in the view of Ninh Binh.
- Viewing the Tam Coc – Bich Dong tourist area from the top of Ngoa Long, visitors can take in the full splendor of the golden rice fields.
- After roughly an hour exploring Mua Cave, the tour in Ninh Binh comes to an end. Return to Hanoi and spend a night in the capital.
>>> You may want to check out BEST NINH BINH TOURS <<<
Day 06: Hanoi Departure (Meal: B)
After have breakfast at your hotel. Free at your leisure until departure to Noibai international airport for your departure
- Transfer by shuttle bus round trip to Halong Bay & Hoa Lư – Tam Coc + City Tour
- Airport pick up & drop off with private car
- Accommodation based on Twin/Double sharing room with daily breakfast
- 01 English / French Speaking Guide
- 1 Nights in Halong Bay
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- 01 Bottle of pure water per pax per day (330 ml)/ 01 Cold tissue per pax per day
- International & Domestic Airfare
- Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry…)
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for guide, driver& hotels’ porters
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Vietnam Visa upon arrival
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above