Halong Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Vietnam. To visit and enjoy the place thoroughly in one day, there will be lots of things to consider, like what to do 1 day in Halong bay, what to eat, where to book a tour. To make your one day in Halong Bay worthwhile, we have made this guide to help you. Halong Bay in one day may be hard, but it’s not impossible. In the end, you won’t regret visiting Halong Bay. LET’S GO
Have a look at:
- 11 Steps to Plan Your Halong Bay Trip | The 2022 Guide
- How to Make a Perfect Halong Bay Day Trip from Hanoi?
- TOP BEST Halong Bay Travel Agency 2022
One Day – Is it enough to explore Halong Bay?
Many visitors wonder “Is 1 day enough to explore Ha Long?” The answer is that it is definitely enough. Ha Long Bay has nearly 2,000 islands, large and small, accounting for more than 2/3 of the islands, not to mention caves, tourist spots in and out of the city.
It is very difficult to explore all these places. Depending on the time, visitors have different destinations. If you only have one day to explore Ha Long, visitors should only choose outstanding places to visit.
Having one day in Ha Long, visitors can go through rock islands, caves, or coastal fishing villages. Visitors will also experience interesting activities here such as swimming, taking photos, enjoying Ha Long specialties … In short, one day is definitely enough for visitors to explore and enjoy the beauty of World Natural Heritage – Halong Bay.
Halong Bay 1 Day – What You Should Do and See with Only 1 Day in Halong Bay?
This is more for you:
With just one day to visit it, you should know everything worth seeing or doing before you go, and this part will show you just that. Assuming that you’re in Hanoi and start at 8, it’ll be at least a 3hr drive to Halong Bay. Therefore, we’ll start with you boarding a cruise ship around 11 to start your one day Halong Bay trip.
Fighting Cock Rocks
- Shaped like a pair of chicken, these rocks are one of the most well-known islets in Halong Bay. At 10 meters from the sea level, it appears in countless works of art, especially in literature and painting. It is usually one of the first small islands that you will see on your trip.
Dinh Huong Islet
- When the tide is low, you can see four pins underneath the rock, forming a shape that resembles a huge incense burner, hence the name Dinh Huong (incense burner). Along with Trong Mai Islet, Dinh Huong Rocks is also an iconic image of Halong Bay.
Thien Cung Cave
- Thien Cung cave (Heaven Palace cave) is the most beautiful and primitive of all the caves in Halong Bay. With its complex interior structure, the cave fascinates all of its visitors. But what makes it famous is its unique system of stalactites and stalagmites, which come in different shapes and sizes. This place must be visited if you visiting Halong Bay in one day.
- Exploring Thien Cung cave is no easy task, make sure that you’re able to walk long distances and climb lots of stairs. When observing the cave, remember to make full use of your imagination to create images from giant rock pillars naturally sculpted with stalactites.
Sung Sot Cave
- The next cave that you should visit is Sung Sot Cave. It always makes visitors amazed by the magical shimmering beauty that nature has bestowed. Your one day in Halong bay couldn’t be complete if you haven’t seen this place. The cave is divided into two main parts, with multiple sites to see. In the first part, the ceiling is covered with a layer of glittering stalactites forming numerous shapes that resemble things like statues, elephants, flowers, and much more.
- To reach the second part of the cave, you have to walk through a small road. The second part opens up with a stream of colorful and brilliant light and the vast bank that can hold thousands. The scenery in this part is just as bizarre as the first part, with stalactites in the form of seals, dinosaurs, trees, etc.
>>> Check out more about: Sung Sot Cave Halong Bay
Attending A Cooking Class
- Cooking class is an on-board activity that helps passengers not only taste delicious food but also learn more about Vietnamese culinary culture.
- The chef will teach you how to cook the Vietnamese traditional food or how to carve different types of vegetables and fruits. An interesting activity for person who is keen on cooking and cuisine
Swim at Ha Long Bay Beach
- Nothing can match a refreshing swim in the emerald water of Ha Long Bay . The emerald water sea and refreshment of Ha Long Bay will help to ease all tiredness , stress and take visitor easy.
- This is a good chance for you to enjoy the charming beauty of Ha Long Bay beaches , including Ti Top Beach, Tuan Chau Beach (Tuan Chau), Beach, Ngoc Vet Beach (Ngoc Vieu) and Bai Lan (Quan Lan) Beach
>>> Read more: Best Tips for Swimming in Halong Bay
- After you visit the iconic rocks and caves, it’s time to start doing some kayaking. Kayaking is perfect if you want to have a more active experience while exploring. Note that you only have one day in Halong bay to do it. Kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the breathtaking beauty of Halong Bay. Paddle through the sea, visit hidden caves and unspoiled beach or floating fishing villages, etc.
Rock Climbing in Halong Bay
- Halong Bay – owning thousands of limestone islands is the perfect place for mountain climbing. This amusement activity growing in popularity and several companies have organized mountaineering trips in Halong Bay. Some companies provide available equipment for climbing, but you should bring your gear and equipment if possible.
>>> Read more: Halong Bay Climbing: A Paradise of Thrill Seekers in Vietnam
Visit Ti Top Island – A gem of Halong Bay
- Ti Top Island, where you can zoom in on a panoramic picture of Halong Bay. It possesses a crescent-shaped beach that is renowned for its tranquility and stunning quiet blue seas. The beach’s white sands dyed by the ocean’s surf, creating a picturesque scenery for this site.
>>> Read More: Titop Island Halong Bay – Detailed: Transfer, Map, Tips.
Snorkeling in Halong Bay
- As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ha Long Bay should be included on every traveler’s itinerary to Vietnam. For those who are a lover of nature and adventure, your trip to HaLong Bay will not be complete if you miss undertaking scuba diving or snorkeling in Halong Bay to take in the beauty of the undersea world.
Halong Bay with numerous stunning coral reefs is inhabited by marine animals including starfish, holothurian, shrimp, fish, and other species. Visitors to this area have the option of booking a scuba diving or snorkeling tour to observe the stunning coral reefs at the ocean’s bottom and learn about underwater life.
- That’s why Scuba Diving or Snorkeling is at the top of the to-do list when visiting Halong Bay.
Best Recommended Itinerary 1 Day in Halong Bay
It is difficult to discover all these places. Depending on the time of the tourists, there are different destinations. If only one day to explore Ha Long, visitors should select only the highlights to visit. Hanoi Explore Travel is happy to recommend some Best Itinerary 1Day in Halong Bay as below:
- Coach and tour guide pick you up at the hotel at 8.30. Travel about 3 hours east of the lake, then land and check in on the boat. Start exploring Ha Long Bay a day by boat! The captain will take you to visit many wonderful scenes here.
- Onboard, the tour guide will tell you interesting stories about Ha Long Bay in general and rocks and caves in particular. Walking around, visitors will encounter strange rocky islands such as Stone Dog, Fighting Cock, Lu Huong, and Con Coc.
- As the sun starts to rise, visitors begin to get tired for a morning on the bay. At this time, the group will rest on the boat and enjoy lunch here. The lunch menu has many dishes for you to choose from with a variety of seafood and Vietnamese dishes.
- After lunch, you will continue to visit Thien Cung, which is considered the most beautiful cave in Ha Long Bay, moving like a large arch with a cave width of nearly 10,000 m2, complex structure with many compartments. You will be amazed at the unique stalactites, stalagmites, and unique shapes on the cliffs.
- In the afternoon, the sun gradually rises, in return for cool breezes. You will arrive at Ti Top Island, about 7-8km from Bai Chay. The island has a crescent moon shape, and the fine white sand is washed away by the tide. Surrounding the island are the Rocky Mountains and the green forest.
- After a day of exploration, it was fun to dive into the cool water. Soaking in cool blue water, tourists feel as if they are relieved of all fatigue and sorrow in the water. Bathing in the sea or you can go ashore to relax, breathe the fresh air from the sea. The cruise ship then returns to the harbor and will arrive in Hanoi around 9 p.m.
>>> You may want to look for: Superior Halong Bay Day Tour 6 Hour Cruise – SALE UP TO 30%
Deluxe Cruise 6 Hour Cruising
- Starting around 7:30, this 6-hour tour will take you on board at 12:00. Lunch will be served right after that while they are cruising on the amazing rocky beaches – Incense Bunner, Stone Dog, and Fighting Cock.
- The first stop is the longest, largest, and most beautiful cave of Ha Long Bay – Sung Sot cave. After that, you can go kayaking or relax at Luon Cave before swimming, trekking on Titop Island. The trip ends with a sunset party and you will be dropped off at 9:40 pm in Hanoi.
>>> You may want to look for: DELUXE Halong Bay Day Trip 6 Hour Cruise – SALE UP TO 20%
Halong Bay 8 Hour Cruise
The 8-hour Halong Bay tour is the longest day tour to visit the bay. You can have plenty of time to visit the caves, unwind on the beaches, explore the islands and experience kayaking on the calm waters of Halong Bay.
- In contrast to other cruises that depart at noon, this cruise leaves early at 9:30 am, thus you will need to leave Hanoi at 7:15 am in order to have enough time for an 8-hour cruise. As the itinerary, you can visit tourist destinations and have experiences that are very comparable to those of an overnight cruise.
- In the past, visitors used to need to rent private boats for such a long excursion. However, there are now several enjoyable 8-hour cruises to pick from.
- Tour starts at 06:00 am with a shuttle bus at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter and ends at 08:30 pm
- The Halong bay 8-hour cruise lasts from 09:30 am to 5:00pm.
- Route 2: Thien Cung (Heaven Palace) Cave – Fighting cock Islet – Surprise Cave – Titop Island – Afternoon Tea
>>> Get More Detail of Halong Bay 8 Hour Cruise
Hotline/What’s app: + 84 974 805 797
What Should You Bring?
Money and identity papers
- You should prepare some cash for convenient payment during the travel. Carrying a lot of cash is not necessary because tourists have to move to many places, thereby facing risks such as losing money or dropping.
- Passport is also something you cannot forget during your trip. Since you just go for the day trip, just prepare your photocopy identity papers to avoid getting lost
Prepare your backpack
- The most important items in the backpack are clothing, shoes, hats, sunscreen, sunglasses, and cameras. Visitors should choose simple, light clothes combined with low sandals/shoes to easy to move on the boat.
Some medical supplies
- Many tourists get sick when they suddenly change their habitats from one place to another. Other tourists often suffer from motion sickness, allergies when eating, etc. Therefore, please remember to bring some essential medicines such as digestive medicine, cold medicine, fever, wind or insect repellent.
How To Choose A Tour
>>> Find out more: Deluxe Halong Bay Full Day Cruise Small Group on TRIPADVISOR
One day trip to Halong Bay may leave much to be desired. But if you have no other choice than to visit it in just one day, this is our guide to try and help you find the best experience you can get. Our objective will be to find a tour with not only a reasonable price but also has great quality.
If finding a tour is too much of a chore for you, just consider the Hanoi Explore Travel’s Tour. It covers all the expenses and also includes pick up. For a one day tour with all the important sites covered, you won’t find a better offer.
Hotline/What’s app: + 84 974 805 797