Going by bus is one of the most convenient and cheapest means of transport to travel around famous places in Vietnam. Bus service has been popular with tourists for many decades and continueschanges and improvement to the present day. It is very easy to book bus tickets in Vietnam Open Bus.
Table of Contents
What Are Buses In Vietnam Like? Vietnam Open Bus Route?
Before you start your journey, you should buy a ticket which allow you to stop between cities along the coast of Vietnam according to your own schedule. Detailed schedule, specific time, branch office’s addresses in every city always is noted on your ticket, so you can easily contact to bus companies and confirm with them where you want to go the next day and give them your ticket number. This open ticket is valid for 1 month.
Open Bus Routes
Vietnam open bus route stops in the following cities and goes in both directions:
- Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Phong Nha – Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An – Nha Trang – Da Lat – Mui Ne – Ho Chi Minh City
|From||To||Departure time||Arrival Time||Type of Bus|
|Hanoi||Ninh Binh||18:30||20:30||Sleeper Bus|
|Ninh Binh||Phong Nha|
|Phong Nha||Hue||05:00||08:00||Sleeper Bus|
|Da Nang||Hoi An||11:30||12:30||Sleeper Bus|
|Hoi An||Nha Trang||18:00||06:00||Sleeper Bus|
|Nha Trang||Da Lat|
|Mui Ne||Sai Gon||07:30||12:00||Seater Bus|
With a validity period of 1 month you can easily spend 2 to 3 days to discover each tourist destination.
Compared to traveling in Vietnam by train or plane, open bus tickets are really affordable. It cost only $ 50 for a ticket from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh.
Cons of Using Vietnam Open Bus Ticket
Although Vietnam bus tickets are cheap and convenient, it is not always the most comfortable way to travel. Some disadvantages you need to know before deciding to use this type of service.
The driving way in Vietnam is very different from many other places in the world. Bus drivers can’t speak English so if you want to get more information from them, it will be a bit difficult.
- The quality and service of this type in Vietnam is not the same as some European countries. So sometimes the quality of service as well as equipment in the car is not as luxurious and clean as you want.
- It takes quite a lot of time for you to travel, drop off,transfer and pick up.
- You can buy some food and drink at the stop of the trip. However, there are some small problems like prices are higher than city centers and you don’t have much choice for foods.
Some Tips For Using Open Bus Ticket in Vietnam
Choose reputable travel offices to book tickets. They will always provide the most necessary information before you book tickets, as well as advantages, disadvantages, and quality of these kind of bus.
- Shop around for a ticket– It’s quite easy to buy a bus ticket to your onward destination in Vietnam from any of the Hanoi Travel Agency in the street. But prices can vary, so ask around to try and find th cheapest deal. Click to see: 5 Best Hanoi Travel Agency You Should To Know
- Always be positive, calm and friendly in your interactions with drivers and ticket seller and you’ll always be respected and friendly from them.
- Should bring some fast food, snacks, drinks but you shouldn’t eat or drink on bus. At the stop, you can get off and enjoy them. Drinks you can use in the car easily
- Should wear a long-sleeved shirt or a thin jacket because the air-conditioned on bus is quite cold at night.
- Some forms of entertainment such as music, laptops and smartphones are also a great idea if you can’t sleep on the way
- If you are a car sick and it is difficult for you to sleep with so many loud and soft noises, this type of service is not suitable for you, you shouldn’t use it
- Because of long distance, it will takes a lot of time, if you do not have a long vacation in Vietnam,you should not use this type
- Keep your day pack and valuables with you at all times- Your big backpack or bag will be stowed in the hold underneath the bus. As a general rule, if there’s anything you really wouldn’t want stolen, make sure you keep it on your person
- Have accommodation booked in advance- When you hop on a night bus, the last thing you want to be worrying about is where you’re going to stay when you arrive all groggy and sleepy at your destination. Hop on the WiFi at your guesthouse, book something and write down the address to give to a taxi driver when you arrive. This way you don’t have to deal with the chaos of locals all touting for business asking ‘you need room?’ when you get off the bus.
- When you get off the bus, locals will hassle you- The locals know when your bus will be arriving, and they’ll be waiting. While the driver flings your bags onto the side of the road, you’ll often be surrounded by people offering you a taxi or a room to rent. If you already have a room booked, you won’t need to worry about being ripped off on accommodation or running around on a wild goose chase. It will also enable you to have a rough idea of what a taxi will cost, so you don’t get ripped off on the fare either. Ask a few different taxi drivers for a price and haggle with them before you get in.
So, why should you book a open bus ticke in Vietnam with Hanoi Explore Travel?
We want to provide the best travel experience for all travelers in Vietnam. Therefore, when you book a bus ticket with us, we guarantee support for each step of your journey. Whether you need assistance with bus schedules, booking a specific bus or contacting the driver, we are always ready to help.
Whether by phone or Facebook, we can answer any question and even help you on your journey if you lose your ticket. Therefore, you can feel secure traveling around Vietnam with our Vietnam Open Bus
- >>> Make the most of your trip with FREE CUSTOMIZED VIETNAM OPEN BUS TICKET <<<
- >>> You might want to check out: Ninh Binh Tour from Hanoi To Discover The Beauty of Nature and The Religious Monument