Hanoi is a place you are going to spend several days to explore all of the museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and night life.
You want one day trip to visit a place where it does not have the hustle and bustle, horns, the crowds as well as traffic congestion of city life, and to be closer to the nature but not know where you should go for one day tour from Hanoi?
To help you choose from the day tour from Hanoi, here are all 15 Recommended Best Day Trips From Hanoi including comparison, location, budget and other information.
Table of Contents
- 1 15 Amazing Places You Should Visit For A Day Trips From Hanoi
- 1.1 Top List One Day trips from Hanoi
- 1.2 Top List Day trips in Hanoi
- 2 Tips for Your Amazing Day Trip From Hanoi
15 Amazing Places You Should Visit For A Day Trips From Hanoi
Top List One Day trips from Hanoi
Ha Long Bay
It is a previous gem of the tourism industry of Vietnam because almost foreigners come to Vietnam all visit Ha Long bay.
It is really mysterious, like a another world with imposing mountains, small islands and caves.
Ha Long Bay really deserves for you to spend one day tour to do sightseeing and explore.
We highly recommend that you should book a tour that consists of going sightseeing on the bay, having lunch , sightseeing ticket and a professional tour guide, kayaing or swimming
There is a lot of cheating here, so don’t forget to study and find out thoroughly before booking a tour!
- Find Halong Bay Day Trip 6 Hour Cruise from Hanoi >>> Click Here <<< to have a reasonable itinerary for your day trip
Trang An and Tam Coc Cave
- Location: Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh Province
- Entrance Fee: 200.000VND/Boat Trip/Trang An – 195.000VND/Boat Trip/Tam Coc
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 05.00pm
Trang An Grottoes – Tam Coc tour might be the most popular tour from Hanoi because of their beautiful landscapes.
The journey starts from Hanoi to Ninh Binh for 2 hours of travelling, then go on a boat and do sightseeing on Sao Khue river. Rowers here particularly use their feet skillfully and gently.
In Trang An, you will have the chance to look into more caves than in Tam Coc that none of other places can offer since it is a large area with towering moutains surrounded by imposing views After ending Trang An trip (around 2 hours), let’s go to visit Tam Coc.
It only takes you around 10 minutes to move to this place!
>>> Book Day Trip with Reasonable Prices for:
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Location: Truong Yen, Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh Province, 100 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 20.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours:
Because Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is very near Trang An, Tam Coc, so tourists often combine visiting three places at the same time.
As its name, Hoa Lu was the first capital of Vietnam in 10th and 11th century. Although its ancient architectures are not maintained as they were in the first place, the ancient temples where it worships Dinh and Le Kings are still intact until today.
>>> Check out Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Tour in Ninh Binh Day Tours <<<
Thung Nang – Sunshine Valley
- Location: Dam Khe Hamlet, Ninh Hai Commune, Hoa Lu District
- Entrance fee: 100.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours: 08.00am – 05.30pm
As the name says, the sun shines every corner of the valley, through leafy branches, rustic cottages on the shore and all the way down to the bottom of the water, create a brilliant and peaceful landscape.
On the way to Thung Nang valley, taking the rowing boat about 3 kilometers from Thach Bich Wharf, tourists will hear the murmur of paddy fields, see the majestic mountain lines and abundant fauna and flora underneath the cool water.
Thung Nang is divided into 2 valley, one is 3 hectares wide and the other is 5 hectares. The valleys are connected by a cave system in the mountains with the low ceiling and the stalactites hanging down in different shape.
There are many attractions in Thung Nang such as Ba Doi Mountains, Coc Mountains, Mang Mountains, Vang Mountains.
Crossing over Thung Nang about 100 meters, visitors will arrive at a Temple where people worship Mother Goddess Thuong Ngan, Voi Temple made of stone with well-carved worship things since Le Dynasty.
It is also quite near from Thung Nang to several tourism destinations such as Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Thung Nham, But Grotto, primary forest, Bird Garden, Ghe Grotto, Chua Grotto, etc.
Mua Cave Ninh Binh
- Location: Khe Dau Ha Hamlet, Ninh Xuan Commune, Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh
- Entrance fee: 100.000 VND/person
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 06.00pm
The cave brings you one of the best panoramic view of one of the nicest sceneries in Viet Nam- that’s Ninh Binh- which is known as a wonder of the world, the Telegraph from UK said “It’s an area known locally as Vietnam’s ‘Inland Halong Bay’”.
- >>> Explore More About: Mua Cave is worth being visited in Ninh Binh?
This can’t be denied since more and more foreigners choose Mua Cave( Hang Mua – Vietnamese name) for their short holidays while being in the north of Viet Nam.
Dancing mountain like a bell, measuring approximately 800 square meters. Dance Cave name associated with the ancient legend when King Tran moved the capital to Hoa Lu for building Thai Vi temple.
He used to come the mountain cave for watching music and dance shows so that people from this place called Mua Cave.
View from the foot of the mountain can clearly see the white stone steps leading to the top, the stairs looked like Great Wall in China.
On top of the mountain is placed a statue of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva with the eyes down towards the ancient land of the ancient capital.
Dance Cave tourist area is developing into a place where relaxation combined with tourist hiking, sightseeing.
Phat Diem Stone Cathedral
- Location: Phat Diem, Kim Son District, Ninh Binh Province, 117 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening hours: 7:00 am – 9:30 pm
Phat Diem Christian temple firstly was initially indoctrinated by Spanish missionaries 4 centuries ago. It was built in 1892 and it exists until now.
Bai Dinh Pagoda
- Location: Gia Sinh, Gia Vien, Ninh Binh
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening hours: Bai Dinh Pagoda: 6 a.m to 9 p.m. Trang An: 7 a.m to 4 p.m
Ninh Binh has many toursit destinations bringing spiritual values in which we could not mention Bai Dinh pagoda – one of the biggest pagodas of South East Asia with many set of records.
Additionally, Ninh Binh has Van Long lagoon, the biggest waterlogged nature reserve of Northen Delta consiting of more than 30 types of rare plants listed in Vietnam’s Red Book.
- >>> Book a Bai Dinh Day Tour
Cuc Phuong National Park
- Location: Nho Quan District, Ninh Binh Province, 120 kilometers to the south of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 40.000 VND/person
- Opening hours: 8 am – 6 pm
Cuc Phuong national park is know as the first park of Vietnam, where it has a wide range of plants and animals with white meranti of thousands of years,caves of ancient people in which Vietnamese ancestors settled and there is the mineral spring of Ga canal.
Mai Chau Valley
- Location: Mai Chau District, Hoa Binh Province, 135 kilometers from Ha Noi
- Entrance fee: Free
It has many ripe rice fields and mountains, which brings the peaceful atmostphere. It takes around 3 hours to get here from Hanoi
However, you will have the chance to experience local lifestyle of ethnic people and you take a ride or walk through the romote villages and even you can explore strange and rare wild animals.
Top List Day trips in Hanoi
Van Phuc Silk Village
- Location: Van Phuc Village, Ha Dong District, Hanoi, 10 kilometers to the southwest of Hanoi center.
- Entrance fee: Free
- Opening Hours: 07.00am – 07.00pm
Van Phuc is just 10 kilometers away from Hanoi and basically the nearest location among those mentioned in this post, so it is easy to take a day trip from the city.
Van Phuc is known for its silk production. This village produces some of the finest textiles in the country with a much cheaper price than those sold in the center of Hanoi.
With over 1,000 silk shops offering a diverse range of delighting shirts, crafts, ties and dresses made of silk, the site is undoubtedly a paradise of silk and fashion lovers.
The silk is very light weight and has a smooth appearance with high quality suitable for all skin tones.
Ba Vi National Park
Ba Vi national park is located to the west of Hanoi and it takes you around 2 hours by car or motorcyle to get there.
Ba Vi means 3 mountains and at the top of the second mountain, Tan Vien, there is a temple built in 11th century to worship Mountain God here.
This place is perfectly suited for people who are interested in trekking and walking.
Duong Lam Ancient Village
- Location: Son Tay Town, Hanoi, 40 kilometers to the west of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: Free
To get better understanding of lifestyle of residents in the north of Vietnam coupled with its architectures, let’s visit Duong Lam village of peace and tranquility.
The whole village is like a lively museum of many traditional customs. Hundreds-year-old houses, temples and communal houses with hudreds-year-old architechure along with simple, ordinary life of the locals here all creates the ancient and tranquil beauty.
Because Duong Lam village is very near Ba Vi national park, you can visit these two places at the same time.
Perfume Pagoda – Huong Pagoda
- Location: Huong Son Commune, My Duc District, Hanoi, 60 kilometers southwest of Hanoi
- Entrance fee: 50.000 VND for the boat ride, 80.000 VND for sightseeing
Huong Pagoda is also a well-known spot because many Vietnamese Buddhists often pilgrimage here. From February to April, people flock to this pagoda a lot, so to avoid crowds you should not take your trip at this season.
The link of natural beauty and cultural heritage will be a factor for you to consider to visit Huong Pagoda in your trip. The voyage on Yen stream will bring you a great experience when travelling to Huong Pagoda also.
Established in 11th century by Nhan Tong King of Ly Emperor, Thay pagoda is one the most ancient one of Vietnam.
It is typical of Buddhism architecture of Vietnam and it is 30km away from Hanoi, so it is quite easy for you to get there.
Bat Trang Ceramic Village
- Location: Bat Trang Commune, Gia Lam District, Hanoi, 13 kilometers to the southeast of Hanoi
- Entrance Fee: Free
- Opening Hiours: 07.00am – 07.30pm
Bat Trang ceramic villages is only 30 minutes by car or tax from the old quarter streets. The village is famous for ceramics and porecelain, demanded by the whole of Asia because of its high quality and tradtional desgin.
Below are 10 highly recomended destinations for your one day trip from Hanoi. We hope that this is useful for your question ‘What to do in Hanoi for 1 day”
You might have visited other places or heard about them but they are not mentioned in this list. So please comment them below or contact us directly.
We will continue updating more interesting destinations and giving feedback for you as quickly and exactly as possible!
>>> The list of Hanoi Travel Agency you need to know if you would like to do the tour to Bat Trang
Tips for Your Amazing Day Trip From Hanoi
- A Day trip from Hanoi offers you a mix of ancient town and the cosmopolitan, but stepping out to the countryside you will see not only other traditional and historic sites but also the beautiful landscape of nature.
- Mountains and rivers, jungle and paddies, temples and churches, you will get to see another side of Vietnam besides the crowd and rush in the city. These places are within a day trip from Hanoi, and you can easily travel to these locations in an hour or two by motorbikes or bus.
- Plan your day trips from Hanoi with the help of this useful article, pack your bag, and get ready for some fantastic and memorable time!
Above are all 15 recommended destinations for your Day Trips From Hanoi. For better information and tour booking from Hanoi Explore Travel, hit the button >>> Contact Us