Hanoi is a bustling city both during the day and at night, when there are many exciting activities, packed beer shops, and other things to do.
The streets are bustling and crowded with expats and locals with whom you can make friends along the way to get to know Hanoi from a real Hanoian’s perspective.
Let’s look at this article about the top night time activities in Hanoi!
Top Best Things To Do in Hanoi at Night
The top 15 things to do in HANOI AT NIGHT are what we’d like to highlight for you. The nighttime activities we recommend below are classified into three main categories:
- Chilling & Relaxing Activities
- Cultural Discovery Activities
- Fun and Dynamic Activities
Chilling & Relaxing Activities
More for you:
- Top 21 Incredible Day Trips from Hanoi – Best Ideal for A Day Trip
- 20+ Best Things to Do in Hanoi Old Quarter | What to do, See & Eat
- 32 Amazing Things to do in Hanoi – You Should Not Miss
Wander around Hanoi Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake
More for you:
Hoan Kiem Lake is close to the Old Quarter, making it simple to access other sites from there. Thus, come evening, let’s go for a stroll about here. It is surely not a bad idea.
It will be great to explore the area and take some pictures given the beautiful lake scenery at night, which is more shimmering by the reflection of the electric lights of every structure nearby on the water.
You also can enjoy relaxing moments while walking along the sidewalk, talking with locals, and breathing in the fresh air.
Weekends see all vehicular traffic forbidden around the lake and the entire area turned into a walking street.
If you’re fortunate enough to have a weekend trip to Hanoi, don’t forget to check out the Walking Street, where a variety of traditional and modern activities take place.
Long Bien Bridge
- With a history dating back more than a century, Long Bien Bridge is not only the oldest bridge in Hanoi but also one of the most beautiful sightseeing spots. The bridge’s vista is at its most stunning at sunset, and as night falls, it is illuminated by the lights of passing vehicles and the far suburbs.
- In the daytime, the entire bridge evokes feelings of tranquility and nostalgia. Consequently, a large number of tourists and photographers visit this location to capture images of this beautiful and historical bridge and take the view of the wavy Red River from here.
Have a look at:
Drink Lemon Tea at a Corner of St. Joseph’s Cathedral
- The Cathedral of St. Joseph is the ideal location for unwinding after dinner. Let’s come here to have some lemon tea and experience what it’s like to be a true Hanoian. Nowadays, it is the most favorite drink of young people.
- In particular, there are a lot of lemon tea shops surrounding the cathedral. Hence, you will have the chance to take in the splendor of St. Joseph Cathedral’s Gothic Revival architecture while enjoying fresh lemonade here, which is definitely an interesting nighttime activity you must try.
Chill at West Lake
- West Lake, the largest lake in Hanoi, is one location that foreigners frequently go to during their trip to the capital. West Lake is also a fantastic spot for nighttime activities, particularly for couples.
- Your needs for amusement, shopping, eating, and sports may all be met in the area surrounding the lake thanks to the variety of businesses and activities available.
- Coming here, you can choose from a number of stress-relieving activities, such as strolling around the lake, indulging in ice cream or ice tea, or enjoying well-known cuisine at upscale restaurants or at the eateries nearby.
See Hanoi from Above
- Have you ever wondered what Hanoi looks like from above? Searching a rooftop bar, cafe, or restaurant and visiting it will help you find out the answer.
- You won’t be let down since another Hanoi will be visualized right before your eyes. You could see a quiet and peaceful Hanoi that contrasts with the hustle and bustle you may experience while moving through the city.
Explore nightlife at Long Bien Market
- For foreign visitors going to Hanoi, visiting the wholesale Long Bien market is surely a unique experience. Coming here, you can get a new perspective on Hanoi’s nightlife by listening to the sounds of traffic and trading activities. The market opens at 10 p.m., but it becomes busiest when trucks are loaded with products by 12 p.m.
Visit the Quang Ba Night Flower Market
- Though visiting the flower market at night may seem a little strange, it is unquestionably a memorable experience. Quang Ba night flower market could be the greatest spot to go if you want to experience Hanoi like a local and take part in something free.
- The vivid flowers and the lively stream of wholesalers are found at the Quang Ba night flower market. Not only is this a great location for souvenir shopping, but it’s also a great spot for pictures and soaking up the night market ambiance.
>>> Haven’t decided yet? GET FREE CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY <<<
Cultural Activities at Night in Hanoi
Watch a Water Puppet Show
- A must-try activity when traveling with kids is enjoying water puppetry, a traditional Vietnamese performance! Watching a show in the Water Puppet Theater is one of the most recommended nightlife activities in Hanoi if you want a deeper understanding of Vietnamese culture.
- The renowned Thang Long Water Puppet Theater has roots of an art form that dates back to the 11th century.
- Puppets will function as performers during the entire performance to depict Vietnamese myths, legends, and folklore. The majority of the music played throughout the performance is traditional music, which is performed using bamboo flutes, drums, trumpets, and wooden bells.
Additionally, tickets should be reserved in advance, particularly on weekends, if you want to experience this unique art form.
- Opening Hours: Daily 15:00, 16:10, 17:20, 18:30 & 20:00
- Address: 57B, Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 824 9494
- Price: 150.000 VND
Watch a show at Hanoi Opera House
- The Hanoi Opera House is a piece of French colonial architectural work in Vietnam. Located on a wide street, it offers a stunning beauty, especially at night, when the entire city is lit up. Many tourists often stop by to snap photos or simply relax in the cafe and take in the beautiful view of this magnificent structure.
- A live opera or musical performance may be seen here as well. It’s important to check the schedule and book tickets in advance because performances aren’t offered here every day.
Street Food Adventure with Local Guide
- You can observe the daily life of the locals and learn about the hidden stories behind of the Hanoi Old Quarter while strolling around the streets looking for the best eateries.
- When the night falls, you may find a wide selection of delectable street cuisine. For example, Pho (rice noodles with beef or chicken), Bun Cha (rice noodles with grilled pork), Banh Mi (a Vietnamese sandwich), Grilled Hot Pot, Egg Coffee, Banh cuon (steamed rice paper rolls), and many other types of traditional food are available for you to try.
If you are unsure of what to do there at night, joining a street food tour in Hanoi with a local guide might be a good idea for you. You can book a Hanoi Street Food Tour here!
Explore Motorbike Tour by Night
- From the back of a motorcycle, experience Hanoi like a local as you ride through the city’s dazzling lights-lit streets of Hanoi on the back of a motorbike, eating street cuisine and drinking local beer.
- Then, get out of the Old Quarter and learn more about a real Hanoi by observing the flag-lowering ceremony, wandering around West Lake, and visiting the Long Bien Bridge. These nighttime activities will undoubtedly bring you unique experiences when traveling to the capital.
Catch a show at Vietnam Central Circus
- This is the ideal location to have fun and unwind in the evening if you are traveling with friends or family. Tuesday through Sunday, shows begin at 8 p.m. Clowns in colorful costumes, animal circus, and notably amazing acrobatics can all be seen.
See Lonah Show
- The Lonah Show has grown in popularity since its inception even though it is a relatively new art form.
- The 90-minute Ionah Show features a stunning presentation of lighting effects, dance, circus, music, photographs, 3D maps, and lights, illuminating the journey of a young girl and her lover.
- From dance to music, every show combines Western and Vietnamese art, as well as cutting-edge stage technology.
If you’re an art and performance lover, watching this show is definitely worth it.
- Location: 87 Lang Ha Str, O Cho Dua, Dong Da, Hà Nội
- Opening hours: 20:00 – 22:00
- Ticket: 500.000 – 800.000 VND
Lang Toi Show – My Village
- Lang Toi (My Village) is one of the most distinctive cultural performances that is worthwhile seeing.
- With scenes of farmers, rice fields, and locals’ daily life, the Lang Toi performance paints a tranquil, endearing picture of the North Vietnamese countryside.
- You can also enjoy live music played on traditional Vietnamese instruments during the performance as dancers, jugglers, and acrobats bring a lively rural Vietnamese village on stage.
Your entry ticket to the Lang Toi performance at the Hanoi Opera House includes reserved seats and pre-show beverages.
- Address: Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Ticket price: 700.000 – 1.600.000 VND
Fun & Entertaining Activities at Night in Hanoi
Chug beer at the Bia Hoi Junction
Get a beer on Ta Hien Street to beat the heat!
On a night out in Hanoi, nothing beats sitting on a plastic chair and drinking Vietnamese draft beer after strolling through the busy streets. This Beer Junction, which many people regard to be Hanoi’s perfect nightlife location, is a must-see for everyone visiting the city for the first time.
On the corner of Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen streets in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, the perpetually busy beer paradise is open throughout the day and well into the night.
There, you can see hundreds of people sitting on plastic chairs with glasses of Draft Beer in their hands for the extremely low price of just 15,000 VND. Beer Junction is a great spot to experience budget-friendly drinking and soaking up the local culture.
Shopping at Hanoi Night Market
- Do you enjoy shopping at inexpensive prices? Don’t miss Hanoi night market, located on Hang Dao street. There are thousands of vendors selling everything including inexpensive clothing and sportswear, jewelry, electronics, paintings, and embroidery. The ideal location to purchase traditional Vietnamese souvenirs is here.
In addition to shopping, you should not ignore the cuisine in Dong Xuan night market because it offers fairly tasty food at a reasonable price.
Go to Hanoi Night Bars, Clubs, and Pubs
- The finest places to enjoy live music and unwind are nightlife establishments like bars, clubs, and pubs. Here is a list of Hanoi clubs, bars, and pubs that you ought to visit at least once.
- You can easily find the Legend Beer pub on the third floor of a building if you’re walking around Hoan Kiem Lake at night. There is no better location for you to take in the view of Hoan Kiem Lake while sipping an ice beer. Legend Beer is well known for its specialized drinks and German-inspired foods from sausages and pork.
Due to this, the price range is slightly more expensive than most bars within the Old Quarter.
- Location: 01-03-05 Dinh Tien Hoang, Hanoi
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 23:00
- Tel: +84 43 776 1666
- Location: 42M Yen Phu street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 9 pm – 3 am
- Price: VND 100,000 – VND 150,000 for drinks; VND 100,000 for a balloon.
Hero Club in Hanoi is a well-known nightclub that is frequently full, even at midnight, with both Vietnamese and foreigners. Since the club is close to West Lake, getting there from Hanoi Old Quarter will require a short drive. In case you want to get there at midnight, Grab Taxi can be a good choice.
Binh Minh’s Jazz Club
- Location: 1 Trang Tien street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 5 pm – 12 am
- Price: VND 50,000 – VND 250,000
Known as its famed nightclub, Binh Minh’s Jazz Club is where to enjoy lively jazz performances. The club offers a cozy ambiance with warm lighting and comfortable seating. It is the perfect location to get away from the bustling city.
The finest places to enjoy live music and unwind are nightlife establishments like bars, clubs, and pubs. Here is a list of Hanoi clubs, bars, and pubs that you ought to visit at least once.
In Hanoi’s Old Quarter, Dragonfly Bar has long been a popular nightlife spot that attracts young people from both domestic and foreign countries. Hip-hop and party pop music are both offered, and if you’re in the mood to dance, there’s also space available for you.
In addition, you can go upstairs to smoke shisha with a variety of flavors.
- Location: 15 Hang Buom, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 6 pm 11 pm
- Price: VND 100,000 – VND 550,000
The finest location to be if you’re looking for Hanoi’s best cocktails is Sunset Bar. At the bar, a wide selection of foreign wines from well-known regions all over the world are available for you to choose. You are sure to have a great time while sipping wine and viewing West Lake’s beauty.
- Location: InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, 5 Tu Hoa street, Tay Ho district, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 4 pm – 12 pm
- Price: VND 150,000 – VND 300,000
Tips on Getting Out at Night in Hanoi
- Here are some suggestions for a hassle-free and secure trip:
- It is advised that you bring identification in case of need.
- Bring no valuable items, such as jewels because theft still happens here in Vietnam.
- It is safer to travel with companions, especially at night when there is a chance of street robbery.
- For a better trip, you might consider making a tour reservation through a reliable Hanoi Travel Agency.
Not just a destination to visit, Hanoi is a place with lots of things to experience. Hanoi welcomes travelers from all over the world and has a vibrant nightlife with lots of fun things to do while you explore the city at night. If you have any questions, do leave a remark. We are always willing to assist you.