If you ever visit the north of Viet Nam, make sure you make time and go for a one day trip to Ninh Binh. The enchanting scenery, history and an idyllic countryside will take your breath away. If you want to see the beautiful Tam Coc rice fields surrounding Ngo river, you need to visit Tam Coc Tour at the end of May or at the beginning of June. See our itinerary for Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Trip as below to plan your trip in Ninh Binh now.
Table of Contents
Highlights of Hoa Lu Tam Coc Tour
- Get a meaningful day in a famous place, only 2 hours/way from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
- Learn about interesting culture and history through visiting Hoa Lu ancient capital
- Immerse yourself on stunning landscape with natural limestone formations in Tam Coc
- Experience Tam Coc River Tour
- Cycling to explore pretty villages
- Try local dishes in Ninh Binh
- Go with a passionate guide
Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Tour Itinerary
7:30-08:00: Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel. We take you to Ninh Binh province which is far from Hanoi city about 100 km.
10:15: The first destination in this trip is visiting Hoa Lu ancient capital. This is the first capital of Vietnam.
Come to visit Hoa Lu, you will learn about why the capital was moved to Hanoi nowadays. You are impressed on an outstanding architecture when entering temples of King Dinh and King Le, the first and second emperors of ancient Vietnam, built in the 17 century. Try to feel ancient atmospheres in Hoa Lu ancient capital.
11:30: Arrive in Tam Coc near Tam Coc wharf after visiting Hoa Lu
11:45: Time for lunch, you are served with traditional Vietnamese food in a local restaurant. Relax in 20 minutes.
13:00: At Tam Coc wharf, you get on a rowing Tam Coc River Tour with maximum 4 people on a boat to discover the beauty of Tam Coc – Bich Dong. Within 1.5 hours on the boat, local boat riders will orderly take you to visit three Tam Coc caves: Hang Ca (the first grotto), Hang Hai (the second grotto) and Hang Ba (the third grotto).
14:30: Cycling around idyllic village to explore around sceneries, you can also cycle to Thai Vi temple near Tam Coc wharf. This experience will take your breath away.
16:00: Come back to our shuttle bus to return to Hanoi
18:30: End your memorable day with Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Trip in Ninh Binh. Say goodbye
If you are interesting hiking and looking for a best place to over view of Tam Coc area, You can book Hoa Lu Tam Coc Mua Cave Group Tour
What’s Included, Excluded on Hoa Lu Tam Coc Tour
- Full transfers by A/C tourist car
- Boat trip on Tam Coc river
- Biking at countryside area
- Entrance fee ticket
- Lunch with Special Foods
- English speaking guide
- A small mineral water on bus
Accommodation, Visa arrangement, Drinks, Travel insurance, Personal expenses.
+ Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
+ The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
+ After boat trip on the river, the boat rower always expect the guests tip about 1$ or 2$.
What should to bring
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- Do not wear shorts when visiting temple
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- The promotion packages validity until 15 September 2018
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
- See all : Ninh Binh Tours
Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Trip on TripAdvisor
Let’s take a look at some of their reviews on Tripadvisor:
Mr Ricardo S: Hoa Lu- Tam coc – Mua cave
Excelente excursão! A guia foi fantástica e sempre disponível e simpática. Até tivemos direito a um “mini-concerto” dado por ela. Conhecedora de todos os temas abordados durante a tour.
Thao was our guide for our trip. She is extremely professional and caring and even provided us with many information and tips which enabled us to enjoy our trip in Ninh Binh. We cycled around the village of Ninh Binh, explored Tam Coc and Hoa Lu capital and climb to Mua cave very nice under her guide. We would definitely recommend this tour company Hanoi explore travel to every one would like to visit Ninh Binh
Roam824294: Tam coc Trip
Muy buen tour, el conductor fue muy cuidadoso en nuestro trayecto, Lisa nuestra guía turística tiene todo el conocimiento de estos lugares Históricos la comida deliciosa típica vietnamita. Recomiendo este tour!
borisd168: Belle découverte de Ninh Binh
Journée bien complète qui nous a permis de voir les points essentiels aux alentours. Temples, ballade en bateau (possibilité de pagayer pour les plus vigoureux), vélo et en apothéose le couché de soleil surplombant les gorges.
See more Amazing pictures on our Hoa Lu Tam Coc Tour made by our customer