What locals recommend for Hanoi 2 Days Itinerary?
Just landing in Hanoi City which is associated with lively activities among friendly people on the earth, standing in front of a hundred of restaurants and continuation of 36 old streets in the Old quarter, you wonder yourself how to satisfy your time of your life here?
Go on a tour with us to be accommodated by combining a food and cultural tour together that we created for you. They are street food tour in Hanoi and one day trip in Ninh Binh province so that it takes you 2 Days in Hanoi. You’ll never regret to book this tour!!
This is for you:
Option 1 for Day 1: Hanoi Street Food Tours
- Step 1: Arrive in Hanoi
- Step 2: Check in your hotel and relax
- Step 3: Choose your suitable time for joining in our food tour
BOOK >>> Un-Pho-Gettable Hanoi Street Food Tours
Itinerary with Street Food Tour
- Our tour guide will come to your hotel in the Old quarter of Hanoi to pick you up
- Before starting the tour, the guide will discuss with you about your food allergy, vegetarian, vegan meal and how to walk in Vietnam streets with crazy traffic before starting our tour.
- During the tour, you are introduced about Vietnamese cuisine, Vietnamese history and culture.
- Our Local guide will take you to eat 7+ Vietnamese dishes in the best places of special corners, hidden alleys or small restaurants in Hanoi Old Quarter that can’t be missed.
Besides you also have a chance to take a sightseeing tour around Hanoi if having time
Let’s throwback to try typical dishes as below
- Nộm bò khô – Papaya with Dried Beef Salad
- Bún chả – Grilled pork with rice noodles
- Bánh mì – Vietnamese sandwich
- Pho – Rice noodle soup
- Nem, phở cuốn: Fried spring rolls and fresh spring rolls
- Bánh gối: Fried pillow shaped cake
- Bánh rán: Vietnamese donut; Tràđá – Ice tea
- Bia Hơi – Fresh beer
- Bánh cuốn: Steamed rice pancake rolls
- Kem xôi: Steamed sticky rice with ice cream
- Chè: Vietnamese sweet soup
- Cà phê trứng: Egg coffee, etc.
After 3-4 hours, you’re back to your hotel, end of the memorable Hanoi Street Food Tours with our guide
|>>> Explore More: Day Trips from Hanoi <<<|
Option 2 for Day 1: Hanoi City Tour
In The Morning
- Ho Chi Minh Complex: Visit inside Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, a must-visit attraction in Hanoi. If you have more time, watch the flag-lowering ceremony at Ba Dinh Square, which takes place at 6 a.m. daily.
- Ba Dinh Square – one of the attractions in the Ho Chi Minh complex, is a square in Hanoi, where President Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Independence of Democratic Vietnam.
- Visit Uncle Ho’s stilt house: This modest traditional stilt house where President Ho Chi Minh lived continuously from 1958 to 1969 is located in a well-maintained garden, adjacent to a pond full of carp and has been preserved in the same way as when he was alive.
- Ho Chi Minh Museum is one of the sites in the Ho Chi Minh Complex. Tourists can visit the museum and learn knowledge about people and life of President Ho Chi Minh – the greatest person in Vietnamese history
In The Afternoon
- Visiting Hoan Kiem Lake: Hoan Kiem Lake is near Hanoi Old Quarter and only takes a few minutes walking.
- Hoan Kiem Lake is not only a symbol of culture, history of the capital but also a favorite destination of domestic and foreign tourists while traveling in Hanoi.
- Ngoc Son Temple: Since you’re around Hoan Kiem Lake, visit Ngoc Son Temple located on the surface of Hoan Kiem Lake. You have to cross The Huc Bridge (a bright red bridge) to reach this place.
- St. Joseph’s Cathedral : This Gothic-styled cathedral has been a top favorite gathering location for young people for years. After a busy day, Hanoians grab this golden chance to sit down, feel the cool breeze and get rid of stressful events.
- Hanoi Opera House: The exterior of Hanoi Opera House follows many different architectural styles: Roman, Renaissance, Baroque, Art Nouveau and French neoclassical. This theatre in central Hanoi was modeled after Opéra Garnier (Opéra de Paris). Yet there is an argument that it has even more aesthetic merits than the original.
- Hoa Lo Prison: Another 15-minute walk will take you to this. Hoa Lo Prison (also known as Maison Centrale) was built by French colonists. It demonstrates part of the severe battle at the time. Thinking about some artifacts at Hoa Lo Prison somehow gives us goosebumps. As a representative of the period of the Vietnamese resistance war, the prison still maintained a lot of torture tools.
In The Everning:
- Water Puppet Show or Cyclo Ride: Every culture has its own unique festival or attraction that signifies something integral to what makes that culture special. In Vietnam, it’s the traditional performance water puppet show. A Water Puppet Show is really just what it sounds like: a puppet show but on water. However, the performance is far more interesting and complicated. You should attend the show and figure it out by yourself.
If you don’t want to see the Water Puppet Show, there’s another option for you: Take a cyclo ride through Hanoi Old Quarter. Cyclo is also one of the unique transportations in Vietnam. A cyclo looks like a bicycle but with 3 wheels and a big seat in the front.
>>> You can check a thorough schedule here with Hanoi City Tour
Day 2: Hanoi to Ninh Binh
Highlights of Hanoi Ninh Binh Tour
- Have chance to explore Hanoi city with local guide
- Try the best street food which make your mouth water
- 1 day trip in Ninh Binh with a small group of participants
- Admiring a “gem” of Ninh Binh offering some picturesque places such as Tam Coc or Trang An
- Along with unforgettable experiences in boating riding, exploring caves, visiting temples…in Ninh Binh
- Quality services that supply a luxury car, intensive tour guide for you
Hoa Lu Tam Coc Itinerary Tour from Hanoi
- 7:30-08:00: Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel. We take you to NinhBinh province which is far from Hanoi city about 100 km.
- 10:15: The first destination in this trip is visiting Hoa Lu ancient capital. This is the first capital of Vietnam.
Come to visit Hoa Lu, you will learn about why the capital was moved to Hanoi nowadays. You are impressed on an outstanding architecture when entering temples of King Dinh and King Le, the first and second emperors of ancient Vietnam, built in the 17 century. Try to feel ancient atmospheres in Hoa Lu ancient capital.
- 11:30: Arrive in Tam Coc near Tam Coc wharf after visiting Hoa Lu
- 11:45: Time for lunch, you are served with traditional Vietnamese food in a local restaurant. Relax in 20 minutes.
- 13:00: At Tam Coc wharf, you get on a rowing boat with maximum 4 people on a boat to discover the beauty of Tam Coc – Bich Dong. Within an hour on the boat, local boat riders will orderly take you to visit three Tam Coc caves: Hang Ca (the first grotto), Hang Hai (the second grotto) and Hang Ba (the third grotto).
- 14:30: Cycling around idyllic village to explore around sceneries, you can also cycle to Thai Vi temple near Tam Coc wharf. This experience will take your breath away.
- 16:00: Come back to our shuttle bus to return to Hanoi
- 18:30: End your memorable day with Hoa Lu Tam Coc 1 day tour in Ninh Binh. Say goodbye
Book Seperate Hoa Lu Tam Coc Tour
We also have many other Ninh Binh Itineraries, please check out for more details:
- 1 Day Ninh Binh Itinerary
- Ninh Binh 2 Days Itinerary
- Ninh Binh 4 Days Itinerary
- 3 Days Tour in Ninh Binh
- Ninh Binh 2 Days 1 Night Tour by Motorbike
Note for 1 Day Tour in Ninh Binh
With 1 day trip in Ninh Binh, you can customize with us to choose one of your favourite tour from our various options such as: Hoa Lu-Tam Coc- Mua Cave Small Group Tour, Hoa Lu- Trang An- Mua Cave, Cuc Phuong National Park tour, Private Hoa Lu- Tam Coc,… Also you may see our Ninh Binh Tours on our website. It was rate more than 500 Excellent Review on our Tripadvisor. Click Here
- You can get a Free Advice on Your Itineary by send us an email. We will give you the Itinerary Planning for free
- Just need leave your comment if you have any great ideas to share. You can also contact Hanoi Explore Travel for further local tips.
- Are you planning to visit Hanoi – Ninh Binh? If so, share your travel plans below. If you have visited already, I want to hear your very own useful travel tips!