Hi, my name is Robert & Mary-Louise Crosbie. We have just taken a Ninh Binh trip last week and in this article, on behalf my group, I am very pleased to share you our itinerary of Ninh Binh tour for 3 days 2 nights. We really expect our practical experience will help you plan an amazing Ninh Binh tour.
Not letting you wait anylonger, we will review our tour for 3 days 2 nights specifically as following
Day 1: Noi Bai Airport – Homestay – Trang An Complex – Bai Dinh Pagoda
- We landed on Noi Bai airport at 6:00 pm and reached Hoa Lu (Ninh Binh) at 8:00 am using Private car service to Ninh Binh from Hanoi, which was cost-effective and friendly
- We selected Greenland Homesay as our hotel, located right in the center of well-known tourist attractions including Trang An, ancient Trang An, Hoa Lu ancient capital, Mua cave and Nham valley (Thung Nham)
- After that we booked full-packed service including free mineral water, accomodation cost, dinner for 2 days 2 nights and bike rental right at the homestay (150.000 VND/bike/day)
In the morning: Visit Trang An
- From the homestay to Trang An, it took us just 5 minutes by bike and costed us 200.000 VND/per boat ticket. We took a boat ride and did sightseeing for around 3-4 hours.
In the afternoon: Visit Bai Dinh pagoda
- After having lunch, we started off to explore Bai Dinh pagoda, 8km away from the homestay. You should book a tour with a tourguide priced at 800.000VND, including a two-way electric car, a tourguide who presents you about the pagoda to understand about characteristics and history of the pagoda).
- You are surely going to be told unique architectures and great stories.
- Bai Dinh is a pagoda which has set many records like: Asia’s biggest cooper Statues inlaid with gold, the biggest Maitreya cooper statue of South East Asia, the pagoda with the most arhants of Vietnam.
In the evening:
- We held a BBQ party and enjoyed to the best level at homestay
Day 2: Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Tuyet Tinh Coc – Mua Cave
In the morning
- We departed from Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, 15 minutes by motorbike from the homestay, priced at 20.000VND/per person. These days, Hoa Lu ancient capital is not as imposing and intact as hundreds of years ago, it is replaced by the temple of the kings Dinh and Le (Le Dai Dinh).
- The statues of Dinh and Le Kings are put very clostly to each other.
- Opposite Hoa Lu ancient capital is Am Tien cave – Tuyet Tinh Coc (entrance ticket: 20.000 VND/per person)
In the afternoon: Visit Mua Cave
- We kept moving to Mua Cave (ticket price: 100.000 VND/per person). Instead of choosing Tam Coc – Bich Dong to have the opportunity to take boat sightseeing on Ngo Dong river, we selected Mua cave to climb nearly five –hundred stone stairs to the top, where we could see the whole azaming landscape of Tam Coc
In the evening:
- We had the chance to take BBQ again at the homestay
Day 3: Van Long Nature Reserve – Hanoi City – Noi Bai Airport
- For the third day of the trip, we had planned to check out the hotel and arranged Van Long laggon to be the final destination for us to visit, which is 21 km from the accomodation.
- Reaching Van Long lagoon (ticket price: 80.00VND/per person), it was not as beautiful as photos in the Internet. Perhaps it is because the season we visited was not good, this place has many rare animals like: langurs, species of birds, storks, ect
- Ending the visit to Van Long for 2 hours, we had lunch and got back to the homestay to get prepared for coming back to Hanoi city
>>> Haven’t decided yet? Get FREE ITINERARY <<<
We really hope that our recommended schedule of the trip will be useful in arrangin a good Ninh Binh trip for 3 days 2 nights for you. Apart from mentioned destinations, you totally can exchange or replace them by other places/spots that you’re interested. To save cost and your budget, we suggest that you should contact us or leave comments, we will help you create the best itinerary with cost-effectiveness and time saving.