Trang An Boat Tour is the first activity of choice for traveler in Ninh Binh. Boat is special activity in Vietnam, attracting crowds of people from all over the world come to this city to admire a lot of caves and temples while you also can enjoy a peaceful boat trip.
Limestone mountains grow out over the river, it makes a wonderful look – out over the river. It is therefore not uncommon to see a city with the interest of visitors.
You can also easily visit Mua Cave, Thai Vi Temple or Tam Coc area. Because these destinations are not so far away from each other.
Table of Contents
- 1 Detailed Trang An Boat Tour – Routes Trip
- 2 How much does Trang An boat tour cost?
- 3 Best Time to do Trang An Boat Ride?
- 4 Tips to Make Your Trip Become More Amazing
- 5 How to get to Trang An Boat Tour
- 6 Suggested Itinerary Trang An Boat Tour from Hanoi in 1 Day?
Detailed Trang An Boat Tour – Routes Trip
A large map with 3 optional tours is probably the first thing you will see when you set foot in here. Each tour has a different route and it will take you to different caves and temples.
However, regardless of which route you choose, the price of tour is the same as the time of tour. Please see the details below:
Route 1 – 9 caves, 3 temples
- The longest and most northerly route
- Habour – Trinh Temple – Toi Cave– Sang Cave – Nau Ruou Cave – Tran Temple – Ba Giot Cave – Seo Cave– Son Duong Cave – Khong Palace – Bao Hieu Temple– Khong Cave – Tran Cave – Quy Hau Cave – Habour.
This route is designed for anyone who like exploring geological. Also, this choice will suit young travellers the most since you will spend a long time on the boat and constantly moving to new destinations and will take you through most of the caves.
Elders and children may easily get tired in this route, so you should consider the plan if you go with family. You will be impressed by the magnificent grottos, limestone karst and the ancient temple.
Route 2 – 4 caves, 3 temples
- Medium Lenght
- Boat Wharf – Lam Cave – Thanh Cao Son Temple – Vang Cave – Thanh Truot Cave – Suoi Tien Temple – Dai Cave – Hanh Cung Vu Lam Temple
Most of tourists choose this routes, because it is more suitable if you go with your family and the people who don’t have long time in a day.
Although its length is shorter than the first route, the beauty of the cave and scenery alongside the river will surely not disappoint you! After Route 2 you should visit Bai Dinh Pagoda, or Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – cultural and spiritual tourism area to do sightseeing and Buddha rites to Make Your Amazing Full Day Trip
Route 3 – 3 caves, 3 temples
- Shortest length
- Boat Wharf – Trinh Temple – Dot Cave – May Cave – Suoi Tien Temple – Dia Linh Mountain – Dai Cave – Hanh Cung Vu Lam Temple – Kong: Skull Island Film Set
And the last option will be for a relaxing purpose. This route has the least of destination and shortest time spent, so you will have a quick view of the Trang An.
If you want to see limestonemountains, photographers: you have to travel less and have more time to take photos , this road is definitely for you. Also, the pace of the trip is slower, so you have more time for sightseeing.
How much does Trang An boat tour cost?
- The ticket counter is on the left of the sign. Each boat can hold a maximum of 4 people and price ticket is 200.000 VND/person. If you have 2 person, you will have to wait for 2 more people to start the journey.
- If you cannot find anyone, you will have to pay full price tickets of 800,000 VND for each boat.
However, you should not be too worried about things. Because Trang An is always so crowded with visitors every seasons in the years, you can easily find two more guests to go with your boat.
Each boat will have a guide or a fboatman who sit at the back. You should wear a life jacket to ensure safety for your trip.
Best Time to do Trang An Boat Ride?
- With the typical weather of Ninh Binh, you can choose to do a Boat Tour any time of the year. However, to find about about its own characteristics, January – March (according to the lunar calendar) would be better.
- This time is the time when Trang An festivals take place; therefore, you can combine doing sightseeing of great views and explore the typical characteristics of festivals here like Trang An festival together with water and faith processions on the river.
Tips to Make Your Trip Become More Amazing
These are all the things you should know before go to Trang An to get a Amazing boat trip in here:
- If you are planning to take a Trang An Tour from Hanoi in the middle of the day, please do not forget to bring umbrellas or hats to protect yourself from the sun or rain.
- We highly recommend that you should wear the life jacket. It is included in Trang An boat tour ticket.
- You should bring water and snacks as this trip will takes about 3 hours.
- Each boat has an extra paddle. If you want, you can use them to experience the traditional way of rowing under the instructions of locals.
- If you have not much time to Get A Detailed Itinerary from Hanoi to Trang An. To make it easy, we put all these at the end of this article.
You might want to visit some attractions near Trang An:
- Mua Cave – The Vietnamese “Great Wall of China”
- Bai Dinh Pagoda and Significant Records in Ninh Binh Viet Nam
- Tam Coc Boat Ride on Ngo Dong River
How to get to Trang An Boat Tour
Previously, there was not any public transportation to Trang An. Therefore, you should use the facilities are listed here, it depends on your location.
From Ninh Binh City Center
If you are in Ninh Binh or Tam Coc, the best way to get Trang An is by motorbike or taxi. You can rent a motorbike in one day with 150,000 VND/day, taxi will cost about 15,000 VND/km.
A tip for you is you should choose a metered taxi to avoid over-charge. Such as Mai Linh Taxi, Hoa Lu Taxi, Xuan Thanh Taxi, Van Xuan Taxi… which are famoust and best taxi in Ninh Binh
There are many tour companies offering 1 day or 2 days tour in Ninh Binh city. If you choose Ninh Binh One Day Tours with Trang An, usually the means of transportation will be included in the service.
Or, you can go by train from Hanoi. You need to buy a ticket from Hanoi train station at 120 Le Duan Street, Hoan Kiem District.
There are many time from Hanoi to Ninh Binh Station. The cost roundy 5USD per way for seating train. The train journey’s take 2 – 2.5 hours to get reach to Ninh Binh Station.
Suggested Itinerary Trang An Boat Tour from Hanoi in 1 Day?
Typically tour provider will transfer you in a shuttle bus or private car and you can arrange the pick-up destination and date. Remember that, if you pay money for the service, you can deal fairly.
Yes, there are tours, and this may be the best way for you to go if you are short of time. Everything will be organised for you, including transport and meals. We would suggest having a look at this day trip from Hanoi. Here are a few of the suggestions:
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Hoa Lu Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour – ALL IN ONE
Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour (Maximum 15 participants) is one of the most satisfying boat tour in Ninh Binh with a combination of visiting picturesque Trang An Tour at Ecotourism Landscape and exploring a spectacular Mua caves.
Our tour will make your day become memorable because of a fixed convenient schedule for climbing to the top of the Mua cave seeing how a panoramic view of Ninh Binh is, slowly moving on a rowing boat in Ecotourism Trang An Tour to discover mysterious caves.
>>> Explore Hoa Lu Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour from Hanoi: Biking, Boating, Hiking, transfer by Limousine Car, Reasonable Price, All included To Discover The Beauty of Nature and The Religious Monument<<<
>>> BOOK NOW to GET 20% SALE OFF <<<
Bai Dinh Trang An Mua Cave Small Group Tour from Hanoi
Trang An Bai Dinh Mua Cave Small Group Tour( Maximum 15 Person/Group) is one of the most satisfying Day Tour in Ninh Binh with a combination of visiting picturesque Boat Tour at Trang An Eco tourism Landscape and exploring a spectacular Mua caves, Bai Dinh Pagoda is the largest spiritual pagoda in Viet Nam and one of the must-see places in Ninh Binh…
This day tour is highly recommended for family groups including children, elders or groups of friends… with a reasonable itinerary and great price.
>>> BOOK NOW to GET 20% SALE OFF <<<
Hoa Lu Trang An Day Tour from Hanoi
Hoa Lu Trang An Day Tour takes you from Hoa Lu Capital which is the historic capital of Vietnam, ancient land enriched to Trang An Complex with cultural and geographic wonders that recently world heritage site listed. Enjoy Hoa Lu Trang An 1 Day Tour with Biking, Rowing 3 hours boat trip at Trang An Grottoes
>> Explore and Book Hoa Lu Trang An Day Trip with us to Get 20% Sale Off <<<
You may see more:
You will jolly well have to visit Trang An Boat Tour when you travel to Ninh Binh. These are all the things you should know before going for a boat tour in Trang An.
If you are still not sure how to plan a reasonable boat trip in Trang An, feel free to contact us, the Hanoi Explore Travel team for further information and advice!